Chi chi

Before the Sun Sets

Kai rode his bike to the nearby river catchment where hardly any body went to unless on lanter day where they would collect the lanterns they sailed down the river.Kai rode his bike down without hesitation and in no time he was in the river catchment.He got off his bike an nobody was there so he sat down a rock and waited.He sighed and watched the birds in the sky fly until one swooped down and landed next to him....it was a pigeon to be exact..exactly like the one he and Krystal helped to fly.

Kai caught the pigeon and smiled"We meet again Chi chi but where oh where is the princess who saved you?".

The pigeon flew away and landed next to a girl about 10 metres away from Kai.She was skipping rocks in the river catchment and she place the bird in her hands"Chi chi-ah you'll stay with me forever won't you?".

Kai walked slowly up to the girl who was Krystal"Yes I Will".

Krystal put her hands on the grass and looked shocked when she saw Kai.Chi chi flew on Kai's shoulder and cooed.Krystal got up and was about to go but she stopped when Kai said this"You keep running from everything but that's not gonna make things any better".Krystal turned around and had teary eyes a tear drop rolled down her cheek.Kai continued talking"You're just like pigeons who keep going away the closer you get".

Kai walked closer up to Krystal and hugged her and so did she"Krystal I like you....a lot.Not because I feel sorry for you but I really did like you ever since you helped Chi Chi.I remember the scent of your hair when you walked down the bus and sat next to me...it was lavender.The last sentence you said in elementary graduation"Good luck and all the best for the future.Hwaiting!".

Later that day....

"Do you know how to skip rocks?"asked Krystal.

Kai nodded and gave an example.The rock skipped perfectly.Krystal was amazed"Wow".

Krystal got a rock and skipped the rock but it failed.Kai smiled"That's not how you do it".

Kai helped Krystal position her hands and get ready but their eyes met and they both blushed.It felt as though time froze and it was awkward for a while until Chichi cooed and made them get back to reality.Kai cleared his throat"Now throw".

Krystal threw the rock and it skipped successfully"Oh wow".

Naeun was behind a tree observing the two from afar and she smiled.