Jongup `sixty-six.

B.A.P Oneshots.

- - - 

 

It was Saturday evening and you were walking along the street known for its indie spirit, urban street arts and underground band musicians called Hongdae Area in Seoul with Jongup, your best friend. Jongup told you that he wanted to bring you out just like “BFF night out” without any special intention behind it. As usual the streets were so packed with local people and even foreigners shopping for clothes and having to munch on the Korean street food is a must for all. The neon lights filled the streets making it livelier, with the smells of barbeque food each time you walk past the food stall make your mouth watery.

 

 

You and Jongup have been best friends, since high school and it’s almost ten years knowing him. You already know what are the things he extremely hates and what he totally loves. Since Jongup is the youngest one in the family, his parents always pampered him so much, give him whatever he wants and whatever he asks for. He will always get it so easily, which makes all of his friends jealous of him. You met his parents a lot of times since everyday after school, you used to spend your time finishing homework at his home. His parents are so comfortable with you sometimes, treating you like their own daughter since they have no daughter. You too, treat them like your own parents since your parents left you when you were six.

 

 

It’s obvious that you and Jongup are so close that it’d be weird if people didn’t judge you saying that you and Jongup aren’t dating. Even in school, friends around you kept asking whether you both are an item but neither one of you agree to it, you both will either deny and tell them that you are his very close friend or just keep quiet about the matter. However if someone ever ask you don’t you ever have a feeling for Jongup, you’d lie if you say you don’t have a feeling for him. Ten years, so many things happened, you see his flaws and at times it makes you think that you like Jongup. But it always the matter that you’re afraid of being rejected and that will end your ten years friendship with Jongup. So in the end, you just keep the feelings to yourself, in hoping that one day, one day, he’ll say he like you.

 

 

Jongup told you that he wanted to bring you to meet his group of friends whom he met in the club few years ago. He knew them close to four years and it felt like they are all brothers to him. Jongup loves to dance (hip hop) and surprisingly, rap too. He loves to hang out in the club with his bunch of friends every weekends and that’s how he met them; people who also have the same interest as him along with few of the underground rappers. You didn’t mind at the thought that all of his friends are guys because you are used to hanging out with guys. The way you dress isn’t girly, not too boyish either, just plain cool. You love to dress yourself in any kind of black top and skinny jeans, which makes you comfortable.

 

 

 

Having to squeeze yourself every time you walk in the crowd, following Jongup from the back, at times you got lost unsure which direction Jongup went to, you can’t deny that it’s so annoying that finally after countless of times squeezing and pushing, you’ve reached the place where Jongup brought you. You saw him walk few feet’s ahead of you, making his way to his group of friends who are all leaning against the wall, hanging out outside a club talking about life. They all greeted Jongup coolly, fist bumping each other, chest bumping and all sort, making fun of the second youngest in the clique about how much he have change since they last saw him was one month ago. “Sup, it’s been awhile yeah?” One of them asks as he hugged Jongup. Jongup responded with a laugh and ask how the rest of them are doing.

 

 

 

You followed Jongup and slowly you found yourself standing in the circles where they stood. Jongup introduced them to you and vice versa. “Hey~” They all said. “Hey back, haha.” You greeted them coolly, trying to make yourself feel comfortable. The boys are so tall; making your head hurts having you to look up at them. Jongup told you their age, like small introduction about the boys and you were surprised to know one of them is actually younger than you because he was so tall, taller than the other guys in the clique. They are all in their mid 20s, same age as you.

 

 

 

After a couple of minutes introducing each other, one of the guys, you remembered his name when Jongup introduced him to you, Daehyun, nudge Jongup and ask him, “She’s the one you’ve been talking ‘bout?” You felt your body froze when you heard the sentence. You pretended not to hear because Daehyun was whispering to Jongup. You didn’t know what Jongup responded because you turn your gaze somewhere else not wanting to show that you heard the conversation. “Hey guys, let’s go in. I’ve a rap battle with one of the underground rapper later at 9; y’all don’t wanna miss it right?” The oldest one, Yongguk asks as he make his way entering the club followed by the rest.

 

 

Jongup knew you love seeing a rap battle and that’s one of the reasons why he brought you along just so you could witness it. You were so excited that you forgot what Daehyun asked Jongup earlier and followed them from behind. The loud music playing from the speaker in the club is loud enough to make your ears deaf but you are too used to this loud music since you also hang out in the club most of times. Young adults filled the club since it was known as the best club in Hongdae.

 

 

You and the clique squeeze in to find for a good spot to chill. In the midst of squeezing, a man who is half drunk already trying to seduce you with his glare and you felt disgusted. You felt a pair of arm grabbing your waist but soon were cut off by a strong grip of someone. You look up to see Yongguk looking furiously at the man and pulled you strongly behind him, passing your hand to Jongup’s. “You might want to look after your girl, and not let nasty old man get her, Jongup.” Yongguk then left the two of you for the stage to get ready for the rap battle. “Sorry.” Jongup apologized for leaving you behind. You were okay but something bothering you when it reminded you to the words Yongguk use to Jongup about you. He said something about “your girl” isn’t it? You thought. The loud voice from the emcee cut off your thoughts making you pay attention to the stage.

 

 

“Alright, alright. Y’all thanks for coming. Today is the #15 rap battle competition that is going on, and it’s between the two popular underground rapper, Realjepp and Beenzino! Applause for ‘em!” The crowd cheered as the emcee introduced to the rappers who are battling. A mixture of “Beenzino” and “Realjepp” shouting in the crowd depending on whom they are rooting for. Of course you and the clique were cheering for Yongguk despite the fact that you only met him a while ago.

 

 

The battle started and you were in awe by the amazing talent both rappers showed. Beenzino awesome way of rapping totally grabs your attention making you feel like rooting for him instead of Yongguk. However, Yongguk prove the crowd that he can do better, completely making your jaw-drop. Magnificent! By the end of the battle, Yongguk claim as the champion making your whole clique cheered. 

 

 

Hours spend in the club; it was Jongup’s turn to take the stage for a dance battle against Jimin from the BTS clique. The emcee proudly introduced them and you squealed when he called Jongup, knowing that your best friend is competing with a strong competitor. But you know Jongup will do his best! You danced along to the beat of the music, at the same time cheering for him with the rest of the boys standing next to you cheering along.

 

 

“Hey,” Himchan nudge you from the side, trying to be as loud as the music so you could catch his voice. “Sup!” You responded quickly and then give back your attention on the stage.  “You enjoying his stage?” Himchan asked but you couldn’t hear what he asked, making him repeats himself again. “You, enjoying, his, stage???” He paused at every word just so you could hear him. You nodded and gave him a smile. Of course you were enjoying it. It’s not like Jongup is someone you don’t know. “You like him?” This time the beat from the speaker is much lower than before and you heard what Himchan asked without asking him to repeat. “Uh, yeah? He’s my best friend.” You replied without looking at Himchan. “But that boy don’t look at you as his best friend.” Himchan continued, making you stopped focusing on the stage to look at him. “What?” You asked. “He don’t look at you as a best friend. But more than a best friend.” He explained carefully so you understand what he said. “What do you mean?” You pretended you don’t know. “Aw girl, quit pretending. You know what I’m talking about. And I know you both are feeling the same; not in the best friends way but more than that.” Himchan smiled, like as if nothing happened. “How do you-?” You were confused. “By the way you look at him. You care for him more than a friend right? You like him more than a friend right? You love him more than a friend right? Ten years, don’t tell me you don’t have a feeling for him unless you’re lesbian.” You laughed at Himchan’s words. What is he trying to tell you? You asked yourself. This time, you had no idea what’s happening on the stage, whether the battle is over, who the winner is or it’s still on.

 

 

“That boy told us a lot about you. Everything. He is interested in you. He was just afraid. So, me, as his hyung and his friend, is helping him. You mean you didn’t realized it?” He asked making you frowned. It’s not like you did not realized but at the thought that he actually likes you makes you fluttered. You remained quite, not answering his question. “Don’t wait, just confessed to him, he’s waiting.” Himchan winked at you and then left you alone in the crowd.

 

 

You look back at the stage, on time for the final battle result. “Champion for the dance battle is the strong, Park Jimin from BTS, applause for him, everyone! But we can’t deny how strong our Moon is! Another round of applause for Moon Jongup, everyone!” The emcee spoke and the crowd cheered. You were a little upset that Jongup didn’t win but you knew he did his best. Jongup walked down from the stage looking disappointed. He walks towards you and his friends looking down. “Aw man, it’s okay. You did cool. That was crazy, you know?” Zelo cheered him up in hoping that Jongup won’t feel too upset. “Yeah. You did well.” You messed up his hair, your favorite thing to do to Jongup when he is feeling down. Jongup instantly smiled when you did that. “I’m fine, guys. Thanks for supporting though.” He said smiling.

 

 

The rest of them left you and Jongup and when towards the another table for another round of drink. You didn’t know how many times they drink that night. “You rock the stage, just now.” You said while giving Jongup a glass of water, knowing that he must be feeling exhausted. “Thanks,” He grabbed the glass from yours before smiling. “I didn’t know Jimin is that good? I mean I thought you are the only good one, you know I mean?” You chuckled at your words. Jongup gave you a sincere smile in return. “It doesn’t matter anyway. I’m glad I’m all good in your eyes.” You remained quiet, don’t know what to answer. Maybe what Himchan said was true, that he is interested in you because his words, he’s trying to give hints.

 

 

“O, I saw you from the stage.” He beamed, happy he spots his best friend from the stage cheering for him. “But…” He paused and looks down. “But what?” You asked, bewildered. “You weren’t paying attention to me dancing. You were talking to Himchan right?” He saw it. You thought that he saw you watching him dancing on stage but it was other thing that he saw. “Um yeah, he talked to me for a while.” You replied coolly. “About what? You are supposed to pay attention to me dancing?” Jongup playfully pretended he was sulking. “I did! He talk for a quick two minutes. Nothing serious.” You lied. It was supposed to be serious. About feelings, it’s something to be serious right? Not to make fun of?

 

 

“Really? Cool.” He answered nonchalantly. All of a sudden, you both didn’t talk. So awkward like he read what’s in your mind. You too, remained quiet, not knowing what to talk. Usually best friends will be talkative right? Then suddenly Jongup sit in closer to you like as if the space on his right was too little he had to squeeze to his left, which is nearer to you. Your body felt so warm when he moved closer like that was the closest he ever sat near you throughout the ten years of knowing him. You didn’t know why he did that but you remain quiet. It was too awkward that you were hoping for his friends to return back and sit together with Jongup but the sight of them was nowhere close. Weird that you felt uneasy even though he was your best friend.

 

 

Just then, Jongup look at you directly in the eyes making you look at him bewildered. You raised your eyebrow thinking that Jongup wanted to ask you question. However, the next thing he did make you so shocked you almost couldn’t breathe. He leans in closer to you, looking directly at your lips, closing the gap between you too. You know what he wanted to do but you couldn’t find yourself stopping him instead your heart said other wise. The lights in the area where you sat are quite dimmed so you were positive no one saw what’s happening.

 

 

 

His lips touch yours so gently and it fits perfectly with yours. He move in closer, bringing your body close to him, pulling your waist to his body with his hand as he deepens the kiss. You shut your eyes enjoying the moment. You knew you were supposed to do something but at the same time you felt that this was what you have been waiting for. He slowly pulled apart by biting your bottom lip and slowly let it go. You opened your eyes slowly to see Jongup’s sparkling eyes looking directly at you. “Actually I… like you.” He muttered, you felt his breathe on your face. Himchan was right, you thought.

 

 

You smiled at his words and slowly wrapping your arms around his neck, bringing his face closer to yours. “I like you, too.” You attach your lips once again to his and you swear it felt like heaven.

 

​__________________________________​_________________________________________________________

 

 

200+ subscribers! much love to all of you! comment & subcribe!!!!! <3

 

-Inpiritsxc