CHAPTER 27:

REAL LOVE WAITS :)

 

JAMES' POV:

 

 

I felt so happy when Ann and I go out. Even though she vomitted on me at the ferris wheel, and I made her cry on the elevator. I realized, she is much prettier and kind than Fretzie. She's also fun to be with. But wait, why am I always thinking of her. Am i starting to like her? How about Fretzie? Am I over her now? Whatever!

After that wondering thingy, I go to bed and rest.

 

- When I woke up in the morning, I've read so many text messages from Lauren. Here are some:

 

~ Hey baby James! How are you there? How's mom? ~

~ Baby James! Please reply. We miss you so much here. ~

~ Tell me about your life there! Are you dating someone already? ~

 

I gulped when I read the last one. How'd she say that? I quickly reply.

 

~ Lauren! I'm doing good here. How about you and dad there? ~

 

Lauren did not replied. Instead, she called.

 

"Baby James! I miss you so much.." She shouted, I almost throw my phone.

 

"I miss you too Lauren! What's up?" I answered.

 

"Nothing is much up here baby James. How about there?"

 

"Everything is fine here! Mom is so great."

 

"Really huh? Well, how about you? Have you found a girlfriend there already?" She changed the topic.

 

"I hope so. Okay Lauren, I have to go. I have school. Talk to you later."

 

"Sure baby James. Take care and good luck." Then she hung up.

 

I noticed the time, and it's already 7:30, I'm going to be late! I took a quick bath and I go down to check what's for breakfast, there, I saw Bret eating. I joined him. I quickly ate and we go to school rushing for the time.

 

- We arrived at school just in time. I go to my first class. I'm searching for Ann,  but she is nowhere to be found. I asked Jenny where she is, and unfortunately, Jenny said she is sick, high fever. I felt sad for that. So after school, I headed to their condo and visit her.

 

At first, I was hesitating to come. I just knocked and knocked. But nobody is opening the door. Then I noticed it was open, so I came in. I called...

 

"Ann.. Ann.." I keep on calling, but no one is answering. Her condo was simple, she has many cute stuffs around. But I guess this is originally Jenny's so it's that simple. I know Ann likes cute and a bit exaggerated stuffs.

 

After some looking around, I decided to go upstairs to check their rooms. And on the room on the right side, I heard someone coughing. I know it was Ann. I rushed to the room, good thing the door was open.

 

"Ann! What happened to you? Are you okay?" I touched Ann on the forehead.

 

"Can't you see I'm sick? Ofcourse I'm not okay. You jerk!" Ann said in between coughs. She's cute. I laughed.

 

"You silly Ann! Why didn't you locked the door? What if something bad happened to you, huh?"

 

"Maybe Jenny forgot to lock the door when she left." Ann answered in between coughs again.

 

"Where did she go? Why did she left you alone? You're sick." I continued to ask random questions.

 

"It's okay. Ryan picked her up, they're going out." I touched her forehead again. It was burning hot.

 

"Why did you go here?" She asked, but I did not answered that.

 

"Ann! You're burning hot!" I exclaimed.

 

"I know! I feel it." She said as she roll her eyes.

 

"Shh! Stop talking! I'm going to get towel and cold water. Where's the bathroom?" She pointed on the left corner of the room. I headed there.

When I got inside, I saw her bath tub, shower, and toilet, even though it's a CR, the smell was fragrant, and it's clean. Then, I find some towels and I get a small basin and put a cold water on it.  After that, I go back to Ann and put the towel on her forehead.

 

"What are you doing? You should go home now." Ann said as she tries to remove the towel.

 

"It's okay. I will not go home until you have someone to be with you here, and besides, mom would understand." I said as I continue to wipe her arms, face, and neck with the towel.

 

"Are you sure? Dont go home so late, okay?" I just nodded.

 

After some minutes and so, Ann fell asleep. I decided to make a soup for her, so I go down and go to the kitchen. I made a soup, then, I go upstairs again to feed her.

I noticed that it's getting late now, but Jenny is not yet home. I nevermind about the time.

 

"Ann.." I whispered as I gently patted her shoulders. she slowly open her eyes trying to wake up.

 

"Here.. I made a soup. Sit down, I'll feed you." I said as I help her to sit down.

 

"James, it's okay. You dont have to do this." She said trying to get the bowl from me. But I hold it tightly so she cant get it.

 

"No Ann. You're sick. There must be someone to take care of you. I'll feed you. Stay there." I get the spoon and feed her. She did not complained anymore. After I feed her, she go back to sleep again.

I got sleepy too so I lay my head beside her and slept.

 

 

ANN'S POV:

 

I was so shocked when James go here and stay with me. He fed me, I didn't expect that. I can't complain anymore because I'm totally hungry that time. I fell asleep again after I ate.

 

The next morning, my head still aches, but I feel something's on my side, I saw James' head lying beside me. He slept here? But before I could awaken him, he's already up.

 

"Ann, how do you feel now?" He asked.

 

"I'm fine now. You did not go home?"

 

"No. Since Jenny did not came last night." He rubbed his eyes.

 

I looked at the time, it was pass 8.

 

"Hey. Aren't you going to school? You're late now."

 

"No classes Ann. It's our prom tonight, you dont know?" *Why didn't I think of that? But wait, what am I going to wear? Who's my date? Urgh. Why didn't I prepared for this?*

 

I quickly got up on bed.

 

"Do you have date already Ann?" James asked.

 

"Definitely none!"

 

"Can you be my date?" He asked as he lend his hands. I was shocked!

 

"Are you serious? Aren't you gonna ask Fretzie?"

 

"Fretzie is with Bret, as usual." He answered lowly.

 

"Aw. Sorry for that." I apologized because I know he was hurt.

 

"So, can you be my date?" He asked again, lending his hand.

 

"Sure!" I held his hand and we both got up off the bed.

 

When we were going down the stairs, our hands were intertwined. I dont know why he's not letting go of my hand yet. But I totally feel sparks.

 

Exactly when we got down, Jenny and Ryan arrived. Jenny was shocked, as seen from her facial expression, I immediately let go of James' hand.

 

"Ann! James! What are you doing here?" Jenny asked shockingly.

 

"Jenny! Over reacting! James stayed with me here last night, because I'm sick, remember? And you left me alone.." I made a pout.

 

"Ohh. I'm so sorry Ann. Because Ryan was so excited for our date." She elbowed Ryan on the chest, James and I giggled.

 

"Good thing James is here." I whispered.

 

"Uhmm.. Ann, i'm going home now. See you later at the prom!" James decided to leave.

 

"Okay James. Take care. Thanks again. By the way, say sorry to tita for me."

 

"Why?" He asked confused.

 

"Because you did not go home last night."

James smiled.

 

"That's okay Ann. Bye!" James waved then leave.

 

Jenny looked at me confusingly.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"Couz, did he really stayed here the whole night?" Jenny asked.

 

"Why? Hey! We did not do anything. I'm sick." I answered.


"Hey. That's not what I mean. I know that. I mean, does he likes you now?" Jenny exclaimed, Ryan was listening.

 

"Yah! And you know what, he always talk about you when he's with us." Ryan joined the conversation.

 

"Stop it guys! He likes Fretzie, not me!" I said, but the truth is, I can feel it now, with James' sudden actions, it's getting obvious.

 

"He likes you!" Ryan and Jenny said in unison.

 

"*Argh!* Jenny, aren't you gonna get a gown for our prom tonight?" I changed the topic to stop it.

 

"Yes I know couz. Can you help me? You know you're my fashion adviser."

 

"Sure. I'll get mine too."

 

"Uh--girls, bye. I need to go now." Ryan said.

 

"Sure Ryan. Thanks." Jenny kissed Ryan on the cheeks, then Ryan leave. *Honestly, I'm jealous.*

 

After some minutes, we decided to go to a famous boutique; we're going to buy what we will wear for tonight's prom.

 

-- Honestly, I remember the gala night where Ivan asked me to be his girlfriend. But I feel something different now. I feel that, when James asked me to be his date, I feel I'm more than secured. Not like when Ivan, he left and get married.

 

After some eenie meenie's and pickings, we found the right gown for us.

 

"Thank you Ann! You're the best." Jenny thanked as she hugged me.

 

"No problem." I hugged back.

 

 

>> One hour before the prom, we decided to call for a make-up artist to the make-up and hairstyles for us. They said light make-up will fit for me..

 

We're almost done when.. Jenny's phone and my phone rang in unison.

 

Caller I.D: James

 

I answered it.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Ann!" James shouted.

 

"Hey! Why?" I answered back.

 

"Wait for the limo there, okay?" He said.

 

"Huh?" I did not get what he said.

 

"Just ride the limo, when it arrive there.." James said quickly then he hung up.

 

"Who's that?" Jenny asked.

 

"James.." I said.

 

"Is he going to pick you up?"

 

"No."

 

"Then what?!" Jenny was like stressed out.

 

"Why?!" I answered back copying her tone.

 

"I gotta go. Ryan is going to pick me here in any minute."

 

"Okay." I said easily.

 

"How are you going to the prom?"

 

Before I could answer, the doorbell rang. Jenny opened it.

 

"Ryan!" Jenny exclaimed.

 

"Hey pretty! Are you ready?" Ryan asked as he lend his hands.

 

"Ofcourse." Jenny held Ryan's hands.

 

"Bye Ann! See you there! Take care." Jenny waved to me, then, they left.

 

After some minutes of waiting, I retouched a bit and checked if my gown is still okay.

 

Then, the telephone rang..

 

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

 

"Ms. Ann Li, a limo is waiting you here at the parking lot."

 

"Okay. I'm coming. Thanks.."

 

I onced again checked myself before I go down. I was a bit shy because I'm wearing a gown, and I will ride an elevator.

 

When I get at the parking lot, I saw the limo.

 

"Ms. Ann Li?" The chaperone said as he open the car door.

 

"Thank you.." I got inside the limo.

 

>> We drove to the hotel where the prom will be held.

 

My heart was beating so fast. I dont know why.

 

After some minutes, we arrived at the venue. I am nervous, that's why I can't get out of the car yet. I can see there are many people at the crowd, many pretty girls, and handsome guys. My consciousness is getting in me again.

 

I wonder where James is. Is he waiting for me? Or he's with other girls right now?