CHAPTER 7:

REAL LOVE WAITS :)
NARRATOR'S POV:

"How will I tell Ann now?"

"Well, son, i know its hard for you, but can you sacrifice Ann? You can still be bestfriends anyway, right?" As if its all that easy.

"Dad, do you think its that easy? Its different from now, I love Ann"

"But son, you need to leave Ann and marry Tricia. Now, i want you to go here tomorrow. I already arranged all you need, you're flight is tomorrow, 9am." His father cannot be patient anymore like last time.

"But dad--" Ivan was to protest to his dad but he already hung up.

IVAN'S POV:

Oh! God?! Tomorrow? No! I need more time to tell Ann about this.

That night, I decided to tell Ann. I was really nervous for what may happen. I dont know. Its now or never Ivan, you gotta tell her.

I asked her out, even thought its late at night., we go out. I brought her to a place we could talk, we sat down, i hardly breathe in as I started to tell her...
I hold her hands..

"Ann.." I paused to find the right words.

"Hmm?" Ann replied as she look at me.

"Ann, i need to leave." *Wooh! Did i said it right?*

"What do you mean?" *OH! I forgot to tell the whole story.Stupid!*

"I'm leaving Ann, our company is at risk and I need to help dad."

"Ok. When will you come back?" *What? How will I tell her?*

"Ann, im getting married there."

"Huh? I thouoght youor company's at risk? Are you fooling me Ivan?" She's frowning now.

"Ann. Look. I'll explain. Our company's at risk and the only way to save it is an arranged marriage of me and that Tricia."

"So, you'll leave and get married?"

I nodded.

"Ok. Then I think its for us to stop this foolishness."

"What? Why foolishness?"

"Ivan, you even did not let me explain all what i want to say the night you've courted me!"

"Huh?"

"Nothing Ivan. Forget all about it. For me, there's no us. For me, you even haven't been my boyfriend. You're not my boyfriend. You're still my bestfriend." She's trying to calm down. *What? There's no us?*

"What Ann? No us? So you've been lying?" Tears formed on my eyes.

"I did not lied. Its just you did not let me finished that time, and i dont want to hurt you." I held her hand and hold it tighter..