CHAPTER 40

REAL LOVE WAITS :)

 

NARRATOR'S POV:

 

 

"What???!!!" James was totally shocked when Ann told the truth that Ivan stays with them at their place

 

"Why? Is there something wrong with that?" Ann asked James.

 

"Ann, you're asking me is there something wrong with that? Ofcourse it has!" James answered and with an angry tone now.

 

"James, I'm sorry. But he's still my bestfriend." Ann apologized because she know that James dont want Ivan at the first place and he was worried

 

"Ann,  you know..." James was cut-off

 

"Yes James, I know you're worried." Ann said quickly.

 

"Can he just rent a hotel or an apartment? If he want, I'll give him a room at our hotel, free." James said desperately coz he dont want Ann be more with Ivan than him.

 

"James, stop it. Ivan is staying with us for the rest of his stay here, that's all, period! No if-s, no but-s!" Ann exclaimed then she walked out.

 

James just thought.. *Aish! What have I done?! I'm just worried about her.*

 

 

ANN'S POV:

 

 

Aish James! You're so paranoid. There's nothing wrong with Ivan staying with us..

 

So after our conversation, I walked out and go home alone. I want James to realize that Ivan is my friend, and I want them to be friends too.

But I was thinking, 2 days and we will graduate, now we have a problem?? It's hard for me. We cannot stay long like this.

 

=.+.+.=

 

 

2 days, me and James are not minding each other. Ivan is the one who's dropping and picking me up at school.

 

We were just rehearsing for our graduation.. Suddenly.... Oh my! It's my graduation day tomorrow and mom's not here. I already tell her but when will she go here?

 

 

I stayed at our condo and do nothing. I admit, I miss James. He's not even calling or texting even just simple messages like, 'Hi'.. Poor me.. If only I did not walked out 2 days ago.. Fine, I regret it.

 

I was in the middle of my day dreaming when the door bell rang. I was about to open it but Ivan volunteered so I did not protessed and just let him do so.

 

"Ivan who's that?" I shouted from the living room.

 

Ivan did not replied... I checked my phone and focused my eyes on it. I did not noticed that somebody is standing beside me, staring..

 

I finally looked up and see who is it. I did not expected it. OMG!

 

"Mom???" I asked just uttering. I dont know what to say, because mom didn't even call what time is her flight, and I thought she's not even coming.

 

"Aren't you even going to hug your mom, my dear?" My mom joked. She's really sweet. So I stood up from my seat and hugged my mom warmly.. I really miss her.

 

"Mom! I missed you so much!" I exclaimed as I once again hugged her.

 

"I missed you to Ann. How are you here?" My mom broke that hug and looked at me.

 

"Mom, I'm okay.. But I really thought you're not coming?*pout*" 

 

"Ohh. Ofcourse I will. I will never ever forget about your graduation, remember your elementary graduation?" My mom asked me and I remembered my elementary graduation at Taiwan.. I was about to cry that time coz mom said she'll try to attend, I waited for her.. Then there she is.. She arrived at the exact time I will go up the stage and my sadness faded away..

 

Okay, back to our conversation..

 

"Yes mom. But now, you're here.. Thanks mom.." I answered with sweetness on my voice.

 

We hugged again..

 

After some moments, we stopped the drama and have some bonding with each other.

 

I forgot all my problem with James at the mean time..

 

But I thought of him before I go to sleep and start a new day the next morning which is our graduation day so I prepared all the suffs that I'll be needing..

 

 

JAMES' POV:

 

 

I dont know what's going on but I feel nothing since Ann got mad and she did not talked to me anymore. I wonder what she's doing right now. Is she already asleep? I hope she will have sweet dreams..

 

I'm not too excited for the graduation.. I dont need that kind of ceremony. I need Ann.. I hope she'll talk to me again soon.

 

I just fell asleep and just hoping that Ann and I will see each other in our dreams. Oh how I wish..

 

 

NARRATOR'S POV:

 

 

Graduation day..

 

At Ann's place, Ann's mom helped her get ready. Ann curled her beautiful hair and put on a light make-up on her pretty face.

 

At Reid's residence, James just woke up a bit early and get ready. It seems that it was just an ordinary day for him.

 

 

Graduation.. The ceremony goes on.. Ann and James steal glances with each other. They totally miss each other.

 

When it was done, they had picture takings and so on. Ann, together with her mom and Ivan, was about to leave now when somebody pulled her arms.

 

"Hey!" She exclaimed even though she haven't seen who pulled her. She turned around so she could face who is it.

 

"Ann, please talk to me." It was James. He pleaded and formed a pout on his lips making Ann giggle a bit.

 

"What am I doing right now?" Ann joked.

 

"Is this means, you're not mad anymore?" James continued to plead.

 

"If you'll promise me that you will accept Ivan as your friend." Ann said with authority and James was no choice. He cant let Ann be mad at him so long. So he sighed deeply and made his decision.

 

"Okay. Fine. I'll say sorry to him" James just said.

 

"No. Why just say sorry to him? I want you two to be friends." Ann commanded.

 

"Ann, do we really need that? It's not that easy to be friends with him after all what happened." James explained.

 

"So? You dont want. Okay bye!" Ann was going to leave now.

 

"N-no no no no.. Ann, please dont do this to me.. I admit it, I miss you." James pulled Ann.

 

"Sorry James Reid, but if you dont want to be friends with Ivan, you'll die in missing me." Ann said teasingly and stuck out her tongue.

 

"Ohhhh.. OK Ann. But I wont be promising that I will talk to him more often."

 

"Fine." Ann agreed, and to that, James hugged her. Ann formed a big smile on her face as her cheeks blushed on gladness.

 

"I miss you.." James said sweetly breaking the hug

 

"I miss you more." Ann replied.

 

James pulled Ann more closer causing their lips to finally meet.. They shared a sweet kiss that lasted for 2 minutes.

 

Then Ann's mom arrived and made a fake cough causing Ann and James broke their kiss.

 

"May I disturb you two for a second?" Ann's mom said

 

"Uh--- Mom.. This is--- " Ann was about to introduce James but her mom spoke immediately

 

"James Reid, as far as I know?" Her mom said not that sure but with a bit of assurement on her voice

 

"Hello ma'am.. I guess you already know me?" James greeted politely.

 

"Ofcourse I do. My daughter tells me all about you.." Ann's mom answered as she looked at Ann. James looked at Ann too. Ann just smiled back to the two.

 

"Uhm, James.. Do you want to have lunch with us?" Ann  changed the topic

 

"Yes that's a good idea. I wanna know my future son-in-law more.." Ann's mom joked

 

*Son-in-Law? What does my mom thinking? We're not getting married yet..* Ann thought as she remembers the words her mom had just said

 

*Son-in-Law? Yeah. It's better to hear that.. But much more better when I'll call Ann, 'My Wife'...* James thought while he smiles at nothing..

 

"Hey. Let's go?" Ann's mom invited the two who are in deep thoughts and were like day dreaming...