CHAPTER 25:

REAL LOVE WAITS :)

 

NARRATOR'S POV:

 

 

James and Ann got inside the house. When they get there, James' mom asked where they have been..

 

"We just talked about something" James answered.

 

They ate their dinner while having a little chat.

 

"So Ann, your new student too?" James' mom asked.

 

"Yes tita" Ann answered politely. James was sitting beside her.

 

"I see. Where you from?" James' mom asked again..

 

"Taiwan." Ann answered all the random questions that James' mom asked.

 

After their dinner.. Ann decided to leave and go home.

 

"Thank you for the dinner tita" Ann thanked.

 

"Always welcome Ann. Dont ever hesitate to go here anytime okay?"

 

Ann just gave a warm smile and giggled a bit.

 

"Ann, drive safe." James and Bret reminded.

 

"Thanks!" Then Ann drove home..

 

JAMES' POV:

 

When Ann left, mom keeps on talking about her now. *I wonder what mom will say about Fretzie* Aish! Fretzie again. James. Stop it. You can't like her anymore..

 

FLASHBACK:

 

I invited Fretzie for a ride home, she agreed.

 

When we arrived at their house, Bret opened the car door for her. And I noticed that they're so close.. They're both happy. When Fretzie was about to go inside their house, Bret kissed her. Not on the lips, only at the cheeks. I really got jealous.

 

So, when we got home, I asked Bret.

 

"Bret, are you two together?" I asked.

 

"I dont know what's our status now James. But we're dating. Why?" *oh. I forgot to tell Bret that I like Fretzie too*

 

"Oh. I see. Good Luck bro!" I said, but the truth is, I was hurt. I super planned about dating with Fretzie. But why didn't I think of it that Bret likes Fretzie too?

 

After that.. I locked on my room.. Thinking about why didn't I tell Bret in the first place so he knows about it.

 

I just think of that.. Bret is more important to me.. He's my cousin, and we treated each other as brothers. I dont want to ruin that. And I admit, he's the first one to get Fretzie. So, I just thought that, maybe I'll let go of Fretzie and let Bret and her be together? I dont know. I'm not sure. But I'm sure that, time will come and I'll forget about her. Silly James! You just met her month ago.. And you're like obsessed..

 

Then.. Mom knocked on the door and called me because I have a visitor.

 

END OF FLASHBACK..

 

"She's pretty, and nice too" Mom complimented about Ann.

 

"Yeah mom. But Fretzie is nice too. You should meet her." Bret exclaimed. She's very proud of Fretzie.

 

*I will forget about it soon*

 

 

NARRATOR'S POV:

 

Ann got home around 9pm. Jenny was waiting for her..

 

"Couz, why go home so late? I was worried. I thought you'll text me?" Jenny gave a pout.

 

"Sorry couz. I forgot. And James' mom invited me to eat dinner there, I cant refuse. She's very nice" Ann explained.

 

"Hmm? Really couz? Did you impressed his mom?" Jenny joked.

 

"Jenny! I just gave back James' bracelet. That's it..'' It seems Jenny doesn't believe Ann's answers.

 

Ann changed her clothes, and fall asleep. She was tired but she was very happy for what happened that night.

 

THE NEXT MORNING AT SCHOOL:

 

Ann finds James at the hallway while waiting for the class to start..

 

Then, after looking and walking around, she spotted James.

 

"James!" She waved.

 

James just glanced to her direction. Ann got nearer to James.

 

"What?" James asked.

 

"About Fretzie, remember? What will I tell her about your date?" Ann asked gladly.

 

"Forget it." James snobbed and got to his first subject for the day.

 

Ann was confused by James' sudden action.

 

 

>>After school that day, Ann finds James again. (ANNkulit)

 

And now, she spotted him at the school yard.. Sitting on one of the benches. She headed there and talked to James..

 

"James.." Ann called.


"What do you need?" James said with a sigh.

 

"I just wanna ask if you're going to ride Fretzie home?" Ann asked.

 

"Forget it. Bret will drive her home" James was stubborn this time.

 

"Hey. What's your problem? Have I done something wrong to you?" Ann asked, she was loosing her patience now.

 

"Nothing. I said forget it" James said arrogantly.

 

"Forget it, forget it, forget it. Forget about what?" Ann said with a tone.

 

"All of it!" Now, James said with an angry tone.

 

"All of it? I thought you love my bestfriend? How can you be like that? What happened?" Ann felt sad even though she likes James.

 

"You wont understand" James lower his voice now because he noticed that Ann is getting angry too.

 

"I will. Just say it. What is it?"

 

"Bret likes her too" James finally said it. Ann was not shocked because she have noticed that since the school started.


"And so? That will stop you?"

 

"Yes... Ofcourse" James was sad.

 

"But why? You love her right?" Ann was sad too. And she was hurt for James.

 

"Yes. But I dont want Bret to be hurt. I can sacrifice.. for Bret.. If I cant get Fretzie, I can still find other girls. But if Bret and I will fight just because of a girl, I cant find another Bret anymore. He's my brother.." James was now starting to cry.

 

Ann got James' point. Ann was so sad for James.. She dont know what to say.

 

So, Ann caressed James and comfort him..

 

Finally, James let out his feelings.. He cried.. And then, he is the one who hugged Ann. Ann just hugged back to comfort him..

 

>>After that emotional moment, Ann invited James to go home now.

 

"Wanna go home now?" Ann asked.

 

James nodded.

 

"Let's use my car. Bret left already"

 

They headed to the parking lot, Ann is the one who's driving..

 

The whole ride to James' house was silent..

 

"James, we're here" Ann reminded James who was so out of mind.

 

"Thanks Ann. See you tomorrow" James got out of the car.

 

"Ann! Wanna go inside?" James' mom saw them.

 

"No Thanks tita, I'll be going home now" Ann made an excuse but I think it's not effective.

 

"You should come inside!" James' mom pretended to be angry.

 

James just nodded gesturing that Ann should come inside now.

 

So Ann got out of the car and headed inside.

 

~~=~~

 

They got to the living room, there, they saw Fretzie and Bret, sitting beside each other and having a little talk.

 

"Oww. I think we have double couple here." James' mom joked.

 

"Mom.. No.." James said defensively.

 

"Oh Hi James. Hi Ann." Fretzie greeted gladly. Ann just smiled, but James couldn't.

 

"James, I think we should leave this two here." Ann whispered to James.

 

"I know. Where do you want to go?" James whispered back so they could not hear them.

 

"Gazebo. If you dont mind?" Ann answered.

 

"Let's go" James invited and Ann just followed.

 

~~=~~

 

They got in to the garden, and they got in to the gazebo. Ann was so happy, even though James was not.

 

"You love being here, huh?" James joked to Ann.

 

"Yeah. This place was so nice" Ann answered happily.

 

"I know. So what are we going to do here?" James said seriously.

 

"Talk?" Ann was not sure if she was right when she said that.

 

"What are we going to talk about?"

 

"I dont know.."

 

"Ann.." James mentioned Ann's name again softly, and dearly..

 

"Yes?" Ann answered.

 

"You wanna go out tomorrow?" James said shaking.

 

"Why? For what?" Ann asked. She was confused.

 

"Nothing. I haven't go out yet since I came here."

 

"Really? Why?"

 

"Yeah. I dont know. I just dont want to go out, since Lauren is not here"

 

"You really love your sister huh?"

 

"Very much. So, are you coming with me? Tomorrow?" James asked again.

 

"Only the two of us?"

 

James nodded. And Ann was shocked. She dont expect that James would ask her out.

 

"Where?" Ann asked again.

 

"Anywhere.."

 

"I know a perfect place!" Ann answered gladly. James smiled.

 

~~=~~

 

Ann looked at her watch, and she noticed that it's getting dark.

 

"James. I gotta go. I still have some reports to do and review." Ann said.

 

"Are you sure?" It seems James dont want Ann to leave yet.

 

"Yeah. I have to do it. I will present it tomorrow."

 

They go to the living room and Ann said goodbye to Fretzie, Bret, and James' mom.. Ofcourse, to James too.

 

James accompanied Ann to the gate..

 

"Take care Ann! See you tomorrow.."

 

"Yeah. 9am, okay?" Ann said.

 

"Sure! Bye!" James waved.. And Ann left, happily! ..