CHAPTER 29:

REAL LOVE WAITS :)

CHAPTER 29:


NARRATOR'S POV:


After the night of their prom, James drove Ann to their condo. Same with Ryan to Jenny. But Ryan and Jenny got home first.
James and Ann got home late.

When they were already at the door of Ann's condo..

"Wanna go inside James?" Ann invited.

"It's okay Ann. I'm going home now. It's kinda late already."

"Okay. Drive safe James. I love you." Ann said as she was about to go inside now.

But James pulleh her hand so Ann faced him, but when Ann turned around, James kissed her on the lips.

They both shared a sweet kiss for about a minute.

"I love you Ann.." James said after the kiss.

"I know James. I love you too.." Ann said and kissed James on the cheeks quickly.

"Bye!" James waved.

"Text or call me when you got home, okay?" Ann said and James just nodded. They both waved to each other and James left. 


JAMES' HOUSE:

James arrived at their house past 12 in the midnight.

James' mom opened the door for him. When James saw his mom, he quickly hug her tightly.

"Why James?" James' mom asked, but James was not letting go of the hug yet.

"Mom, this is the happiest nigt of my life!" james exclaimed and he finally let go of the hug.

"What do you mean? Wait, tell the whole story, let's come inside first." 

They both go inside of the house and talked about it.

"Really? Oh my gosh! James!" James' mom exclaimed and hugged him again. They were both happy.

"Yes mom.." James answered.

"Invite her tomorrow here, okay? 7pm. Dinner." James' mom requested and James just nodded.

"Thank you mom" James thanked.

James headed to his room and he remembered that he has to text or call Ann once he got home. He immediately did that.

From: James
~ Ann, I already got home..~
To: James
~ Oh. Okay. Good night James. I love you ~
From: James
~ Love you too. I'll pick you up tomorrow for school, okay? ~
To: James
~ Sure. See yah! ~


They both sleep tight the whole night with the picture of each other on their minds and on their dreams.


The next morning, James woke up early, as he promised, he'll pick up Ann for school.

But he seems to forgot something, he forget to tell Lauren all about it. So he immediately grab his pone and called Lauren..

"Lauren!" James exclaimed once Lauren picked up the phone.

"Baby James! Glad you called! I have to tell you something."

"Okay, you go first. What is it?"

"I'm coming there. Yey!" Lauren said excitedly like a kid.

"Really? That's great. When?" James asked.

"3 days after. Dont tell it to mom okay? I wanna surprise her."

"Sure."

"So, what are you going to tell me?" Lauren asked bringing up the topic.

"Oh. Nothing nothing. I'll just tell it to you when you go here." And that made Lauren more excited to go to the Philippines.

"Err. Okay James, I need to go now. Bye! See you in 3 days." Then Lauren finally hung up.

James got ready for school and to pick up Ann. He took hihs breakfast and left their house.

ANN'S PLACE:

Meanwhile at Ann and Jenny's place, Ann was trying to find the right outfit for the day..

"Ann! I'm so happy for you!'' Jenny said to Ann.

"Thanks Jenny. Oh, by the way, are you going to school now?" Ann asked.

"Yeah. Actually, I'll have my breakfast with Ryan. Bye!" Jenny waved and laft the condo.

After few minutes, the door bell rang.

"Wait. I'm coming.." Ann said then she opened the door.

"Ann!!" James exclaimed then he hugged Ann.

"Over-reacting Mr. Reid.. It's like we haven't seen each other last night.." Ann said as she slap James' shoulders.

"Aish! Don't pretend Ann. I know you missed me so much. And I know you love me as much as I love you. Am I right Ms. Li?" James teased Ann while she pinched her nose. Ann pretended to be irritated, so she placed her arms on her waist and formed a cute pout on her lips..

"Why are you looking like that?" James said still teasing Ann.

"You know Mr. Reid, we're getting late. So we don't have time for teasing sessions right now. Shall we go? School?" Ann changed the topic, James lend his arms then they both go down to the parking lot and leave..

At their school, they walk at the hallways with their hands intertwined.. Everyone was looking at them as they take each step to their first class. They was just smiling back..

After school, James told Ann about what his mom requested.. The dinner at 7pm at their house. 
Ann agreed to that, ofcourse. And since it'll be at night, she still has time to prepare.

She searched her closet for a perfect outfit.



James promised again to pick her up at 6:40pm. So she got ready before 6:30 and waited for James. 
She once again checked herself. 

Exactly 6:40, James arrived.

"James, exactly huh?" Ann said as she opened the door.

"Ofcourse. I never break promises.." James gave Ann a wink.

"*giggle* Okay okay." 

"Shall we go now?" James invited and Ann nodded.

While on their way at James' house, James held Ann's hand and he felt it was shaking.

"Are you nervous?" James asked.

"A bit." Ann answered.

"Why? Come on Ann, you already met mom several times. Why are you still nervous? And besides, mom likes you.." 

"It's different from before James. Now, we're together.. I wonder what your mom will think about me."

"Don't be so conscious. You're perfect. As I've told you, you're better than others.. I mean, you're the best.." James complimented and with that, Ann regained her cheer again. She blushed.

"Thanks!'' Ann thanked..


They arrived at James' house in no time. Before they could enter the living room, James' mom welcomed them immediately.

"ANN!!" James' mom said excitedly, while she hugged Ann.

"Tita.." Ann said breaking the hug.

"I miss you Ann.. How are you? You seem to be happy huh?" James' mom said.

"I'm good tita. How about you?" Ann said with respect.

"I'm great! And I'm so happy that you and James are now together! My instincts never fail me.." 

Ann just smiled back..

"Mom, can we continue the talk later? We're gonna have dinner right?" James interrupted.

"Yah James.. You're too excited. I really missed Ann." James' mom said as she placed her arm on Ann's shoulders.

"Yah right mom. Can I and Ann go somewhere else first?" James said so he can have Ann now.

"Sure. I guess you missed your girlfriend too." James' mom left the two and prepared the dinner..

James pulled Ann to their favorite place of the house.. The gazebo..

"Still remember this?" James said showing the gazebo.

"Why would I forget about this? This was like a magical place to me.." Ann said looking around, and it seems it's her first time to go there, but the truth is, she had come there for many times already..

They watched the stars above the sky, with their hands intertwined. They both look up, gazing all the stars they see.

James broke the silence to open a conversation.

"Ann, what do you like about me?" James asked. Ann looked at him with a confused face. Ann was wondering why James asked that question.

"You know James, ever since the first time I saw you, I fell in love. I dont know why. But my heart started beating not the way it was." Ann said dearly. James was touched.

"How about you? What did you like about me? Because you know, I really can't believe it. You like Fretzie, then suddenly, you told me you love me? I really can't get it." Ann asked.

"Ann, at the first place, you were always there for me. You even wanna help me to Fretzie. And when I found out that Bret and Fretzie are together, you comforted me. You cheered me up. And because of that, I moved on and make me love you.." James said, Ann was now crying slightly.

"Hey! Everytime I say such sweet words, you're crying. Are sweet words that bad? If it is, I will totally not say those things anymore. Because I dont wanna make you cry.." James joked earning a slap on the shoulders from Ann.

"Silly James Reid.." Ann said while crying and giggling.

But when the two started teasing each other, James' mom called them.

"You're too sweet couple. Wanna have dinner now?" James' mom invited.

"We're coming mom.." James said.

In no time, they both headed to the dining room.

Once everything is settled, they all seated. James' mom was on the middle while James and Ann seated beside each other.

"Wait, where's Bret? I'll call her mom.." James said and was now about to stand up.

"Bret is not around. He invited Fretzie for a date." 

"Oh. Okay. Seems like they're happy.." James said.

"Come on. Let's eat. Ann, try my specialty.." James' mom changed the topic to move on.

They had chats, and talks. It was fun. Ann got to know James' mom well, same with James' mom to Ann.

After the dinner, Ann said goodbye before James dropped her at their place.

*It was a remarkable dinner..* Ann thought.

James and Ann thought of each other that night until they finally fell asleep..