CHAPTER 16:

REAL LOVE WAITS :)

 

JAMES' POV:

 

"Miss, who are--" I was about to ask the woman but I saw a familiar face so I stared at her for seconds while she was about to cry..

 

"James I miss you!" She once again gave a quick hug.

 

"Why did you leave me? Why did you leave us?" I asked her.

 

"James, I'm sorry. Will you let me explain it all when we go home? Let's go."

 

I did not answered, instead, I carried my luggage and walked, I followed her.

 

..Okay. Yeah. That was my mom. I really can't believe it. She still have the confidence to show her face. Ow. I forgot. I came here because she wants me to. And I dont know, but I still can't forgive her, she left us.

 

The whole ride to our home, I mean to her home was totally quiet. I was just listening to my iPOD, I feel so sleepy. I can feel that my mom is looking at me at the mirror, coz she's the one who's driving. She has a nice car.

 

When we arrived at her house, she helped me get all my things out of the car. I was about to protest, but I know she'll not mind me.

Then when I got in the house, I looked around. It was big and nice, the place is so refreshing. There was a balcon at the front of the house.

The living room is also big. And it also has stairs. I was looking at the ceiling, it has so many chandeliers hanging. I was like a little kid looking at the stars..

I was in a deep thought when mom called me..

 

"James.." she called.

 

"Uh---" I glanced at her breaking my thoughts.

 

"Come on. Let's eat, then we'll talk later." She said, then she go to the dining room, I just followed.

 

When I get to the dining room, there's so many food. It's like we're having a feast, but there's  no people. I can't help it. I asked mom, I feel that she's lonely.

 

"Alone here?" I asked as I sat down on one of the chairs.

 

"Yeah. But sometimes your aunties and uncles and some of your cousins visit me here.. I also have maids to help me out." I did not answered, I was trying to get the sinigang, it was my favorite.

.

"I know you like this, so i prepared a lot." She said handing me the sinigang. I ate a lot. When I was finished, she handed me the dessert..

 

"Here. Eat.. I know you love this.."  It is banana split.. I also ate a lot. Mom was staring at me smiling, I stopped eating for a while and looked at my staring mother.

 

"You're so handsome, James. You're so grown up now."

 

"I know." I whispered, but I guess she heard it so she giggled, I just smiled.

 

After we eat, I just sat down on the living, still looking around the house.

 

"James.." My mom called again.

 

I just glanced at her.

 

"Come. Let's talk." I just followed her. When I saw I'm now on the garden. It was wonderful and like magical. It has a hammock, and it also has 2 swings. It has so many orchids around.. And different plants, especially flowers..

 

I looked around again.

 

"Sit here.." Mom called, she's already sitting at the table for 4 at the gazebo. It was a modern gazebo with some vines hanging around. *This can be my spot* I thought to myself.

I sat down, and mom started to talk.

 

"So. How are you son?" She asked.

 

"We're fine. Even without you." I answered with pain.

 

"I'm sorry son. It's just that your both too young for me to explain it all to you why I leave. I guess this is the time."

 

"Now, why?" I'm in an angrier tone now.

 

"I love your father, so much. It's just that he's too busy in his business and he forgot about us."

 

"Forgot about us? NO! He's the one who raised us for those years that we don't have a mother. Even though he's busy, he finds time to make it up to us."

 

"Well, I guess he learned his lessons."

 

"Lessons for what?"

 

"James, Lauren and you are too young before to understand what's really happening."

 

"So what do you mean? We're wrong of what we think about you?"

 

"I dont know. The truth is, I wanna teach your dad a lesson, it was not my plan to leave you that long. It was just i'm into interior designing when i got here. So I continued it. I wanna visit you at Australia but I just cant coz maybe your all mad at me. Are you mad at me James?"

 

I cant answer that. I dont know.

We we're silent for like, minutes. The mom broke the silence again.

 

"I'm sorry James. That's why I wanted you to come here. I promise I'll be a good mother now. And I will never leave you anymore." Mom hold my hands.

 

My tears are starting to form, but before it fell down, I hugged mom tightly.

 

"Thank you son." Mom break our hug and wiped my tears. It was emotional. But I guess I forgive mom now, and I know Lauren is not that mad at her. I'll try to explain it to her.

 

Wooh. I feel comfortable now.

 

After that emotional conversation, mom toured me around her big house. It was wonderful. I saw many picture frames around and I saw picture  of a guy. I think he has the same age as mine. Who's this? I breathe in deeply. I cant take it anymore..

I asked mom..

 

"Who's this mom? You had a son?"

 

"Oh.. That's..."