The Dorky Couple

We Belong Together

 

[No one pov]

 

Dara was so happy and went in to her room smiling. She hug her favorite doll, it was a present from Jiyong on their first date. She stared at the rabbit stuff doll and hugs it tightly. “I love you Jiyong.” She said hugging the doll tightly.

A knock on the door stop her action. “Come in.” She said. The door was open and revealing her brother, Sanghyun. “Sanghyun, what’s wrong?” She asked. “You seem happy nuna.” He said ignoring her sister question.

“Jiyong made a song for me. He is really sweet.” Dara said happily. Sanghyun chuckled seeing his sister behavior.  “You really love him huh?” He asked. Dara just nodded shyly. Sanghyun was happy to know that Dara was happy. He really hope that Jiyong keep his promise. He felt that only Jiyong can make her sister happy.

Dara phone suddenly ringing. Dara look at the screen it was Seungri calling her. “Seungri. I wonder why he is calling.” Dara asked herself. “Maybe he has something to tell you.” Sanghyun said. Dara answered the phone.

Dara: “Hello Seungri, what’s wrong?”

Seungri: “Nuna, did Jiyong hyung tell you?”

Dara: “Tell me what?” She asked curiously.

Seungri: “About the Scholarship he was offered by YG. Did he tell you?”

Dara was surprised to hear the news. Jiyong never mentioned anything about it. Could it be this is the reason he keep spacing out. But why he never mention it to her??

Seungri: “Nuna, are you there? Dara nuna?”

Dara: “Sorry Seungri…No he never told me about it.”

Seungri: “I thought so…Nuna, you have to convice Jiyong hyung to accept the scholarship. This is his dream since we were a kid.”

Dara: “Wait, What you mean by convincing?” She didn’t get it. Could it be Jiyong reject his Scholarship.

Seungri: “Jiyong hyung decide to reject the offer caused he couldn’t bear to leave you here alone. He really love you nuna that he decide to reject the scholarship. Please nuna, I know what I asked you is a selfish request but Jiyong hyung is really like a brother to me and I know if he accept the offer will definitely change his life. This has been his dream for so long so I hope you can convince him. You are our only hope.”

Dara: “Okay, I understand. Don’t worry about it.” She said trying to hold in her tears. Sanghyun noticed it but he decided to wait for Dara to end her call.

Seungri: “Thank you Nuna” He end the call as he bid goodbye.

Dara ended the call and her tear finally decide to fall. “Nuna, are you okay?” Sanghyun asked concerned. “It’s Jiyong...” She said. “Did Jiyong hyung did something to you? Tell me nuna…I’ll make him pay if he hurt you.” Sanghyun said holding her sister. “No Sanghyun, he didn’t hurt me…I cried because I’m happy that I know how much I meant to him.” Dara said still crying but it was not because she was sad but she was happy.

“What are you talking about nuna?” Sanghyun asked confused with his sister words. “Jiyong love me too much that he decided to give up his scholarship caused he didn’t want to leave me alone.” She explained. Sanghyun was speechless when he heard what Dara said. Wow…Jiyong hyung really love Dara nuna…He smiled in relief.

“So what is the problem nuna?” He asked. “He’s a pabo that’s why… He should accept the offer. I have to convince him before he rejected it.” Dara said with determined in her eyes. “Wait…you mean now?” Sanghyun asked. Dara nodded and drag Sanghyun along with her to go to Jiyong house.

 

[At Jiyong house]

Jiyong were staring at the card that Yang Hyun Suk gave him. He will call him tomorrow early in the morning. He has decided that he would not leave Dara since he promise to be with her forever. God….he miss her even though he just met her an hour ago.

“I wonder what is she doing?” He asked himself. He misses her already. He took his phone and about to call Dara but Dara beat him to it. He smile seeing his tokki is calling him.

Jiyong: “Baby, I was just about to call you..I miss you tokki.”

Dara: “Oppa, you Pabo! How could you?” She scolded him through the phone.

Jiyong: “Huh? What do mean baby?” He ask confused with Dara sudden remarked.

Dara: “Come down right now Jiyong…we need to talk. Look outside” She commanded him.

Jiyong immediately look outside of his window and he was surprised to see Dara was there and Sanghyun too. What is going on??? He immediately go down and approached Dara.

“Baby…What are you doing here? It’s already late. Are you okay?” Jiyong asked concern seeing Dara. “I’m okay…But you are not?” She replied. “What do you mean?” He asked confused.

Dara make Jiyong stare at her. “Tell me the truth; did you get the scholarship offer from YG?” She asked determining the truth from his word. “I…I..” Jiyong was loss of word he really do not know how to tell her.

Dara can see that Jiyong was hesitated to tell her. “Oppa, I know everything…Seungri told me about it. Why oppa? Why would you reject the offer?” She asked holding his hand. Jiyong sighed in defeat and he really cannot hide anything from her no matter what.

“I just don’t want to leave you alone….if I accept the scholarship I have to leave everything behind especially you. I don’t want you to be alone when you are sad, angry or anything. I don’t know if I can live without seeing you a day. I love you too much Dara.” He explained. Dara was touched to hear his word. “Oppa, I’m happy to know how much I meant to you. I love you too oppa more than you think but I don’t want to be the reason to held back your dream. You have to take the chance oppa…if you love me you have to take the scholarship. Please…” She pleaded him.

“But…Dara..” Before Jiyong can continue his word Dara shush him. “No Jiyong, you listen to me…I’ll be fine. You don’t have to worry about me…the rest of the gang can take care of me when you are gone so please accept the scholarship.” She pleaded again hoping Jiyong will listen to her.

Sanghyun who could not stop hearing the couple decide to in. “Jiyong hyung, listen I’m grateful to heard that you reject the scholarship for Dara nuna but giving up your dream that is insane and really I think Dara nuna is right you should pursue your dream. I will take care of nuna while you are gone. So don’t worry.” He said smiling while holding Jiyong right shoulder.

Jiyong smile hearing Sanghyun word. “Thanks…okay, I will call YG tomorrow and tell them I accept the offer.” He said making the Park sibling smile satisfied with his answered. “Thank you babe…” Jiyong thanks his tokki and hug her not wanting let her go. “God…you guys need a room.” Sanghyun complain make the couple laughed.  

“Oh Sanghyun, I think of a name when you ask me what would suit you for your boy-band group.” He said turning to Sanghyun. “What is it hyung? My friends already have their stage name.” Sanghyun asked interested. “How about…Thunder? I think you suit that name better than anyone.” Jiyong said smiling. “Thunder…I like it. Thanks hyung…you are the best.” Sanghyun immediately hug Jiyong for solving his problem.  “Cheondung. That’s sound good alright.” Dara agreed.

“Let me sent you guys home by car…I think it’s better like that than you two have to walk home.” Jiyong said offering his tokki and her brother home by car. “I’m good with that.” Sanghyun answered immediately accepting the offered. “Let’s go tokki.” Jiyong said and held Dara hand tightly.

It was a long night alright but it ends well for them. All through the ride Jiyong keep holding Dara hand while he is driving. He is lucky that she is his girlfriend. Dara feel the same way as Jiyong how she was lucky to have Jiyong as a boyfriend. Sanghyun who just seat at the back look at the couple at the front seat and he thought while smiling. “[These two dorky couple...They sure belong together.]” He smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Leave comment and tell me what you think do subscribedXD