The Replacement Bride : Eight

The Replacement Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaehyo's POV

 

Pathetic.

 

That's how you should describe how I am right now. Can you imagine how pathetic I am? I'm finally found the girl that I love yet I can't say how I miss her so much until it's killing me, looking at her again, for almost seven years I've been looking for her, try to contact her in any possible way but it's always the same. It's nothing.

 

The fate is playing on us. Why I have to see her again in a condition like this? Why I never met her at the time I'm looking for her? Why now when I try to give up my feelings for her?

 

'She's my wife.'

 

My world is collapsed when I heard what that man is saying. Wife. He's saying that Naeun is his wife. I know it's been seven years, I know she must have met another guy and fall in love. She can't just be mine anymore. She's changed and she's belongs to him now. What to do if I'm longing for her?

 

I want to touch her, I want to hold her like what I always did back then. Her hand fits perfectly in my hand. My decision to take the scholarship by going out of the country is just a dumb mistake that I made. I'm going outside so I can live better in here and make Naeun live better as well.

 

I take a shot at the drink in front of me before shaking my head again. Why I asked for invitation to their wedding? I will just crumble into pieces when I see them take a vow with each other...and that guy isn't me.

 

"How many drinks are you going to drink, Jaehyo-ya? I know you make my bar rich, but as your friend no more."

 

I take a look at the guy in front of me, wearing a black bow tie with a black vest match perfectly with his white shirt. "Shut up and just give me another shot, Taeil-ah."

 

"No. It's enough! You already take 10 shots and you want more? No."

 

"I will pay you~I'm rich now."

 

I'm smiling widely at him which only makes him cringe because of what I did. I still understand what I'm saying, I'm still sober, and I know I'm rich now, who knows being a doctor is making me this rich?

 

Taeil is only looking at me before he's taking my glass and drinks it by himself. I quickly straighten up my body and point it out on him. "Yah! I'm not paying that glass!"

 

"You're talking no sense now, Jaehyo-ya. Go home and take a good rest, you got wedding to attend tomorrow."

 

"Don't talk about that wedding."

 

Taeil is leaving out a heavy sighed before he's cleaning up all the glass in front of me and give me some mineral waters instead. "I know that you've been looking for Naeun, I tried all I can in here to contact her. Who knows that she's actually going to get married the moment she met you? Don't hurt yourself Jaehyo-ya."

 

"Even Nana didn't know about her?" I'm looking at my friend who's already looking at me with a confused look. I'm laughing lightly before I take mineral water that he gave before. "I know you've been contacted her, Nana is really close to you, and she didn't tell anything about Naeun? Weird, huh?"

 

"Listen to me. Nana and I are close but that doesn't mean she will tell me everything. In fact, she's been missing since a month ago, and I can't contact her. Even she moved from her apartment."

 

I frowned at what Taeil just told me. How can she move when I know that Nana got no one except Taeil. She's always stick around him for his help. Nana is pretty and she knows that Taeil is madly in love with her. Eventhough I'm studying aboard doesn't mean that I didn't know anything that's going on in here, thanks to Taeil. Except Naeun.

 

"Just go home, Jaehyo-ya. It's for your own good. And you're already made a promise to Naeun that you're going to attend her wedding. Go now."

 

"So now you ditched me?"

 

Taeil is rubbing his forehead lightly before he's taking off his apron and walk out from his bar. He's grabbing my hand and pull me outside his bar to my car before he's pushing me inside.

 

He's getting inside the driver seat and start driving my car to I know my apartment. Taeil is already helping me a lot by preparing my apartment and looking for my job when he knew that I'm starting to move back to Seoul two weeks ago.

 

My parents are dead when I'm still in junior high school, I lived with my aunt since then, and that's how I met Naeun. My aunt and her parents lived in the same district and we came to the same school. I'm two years older than her, I'm a transfered student while Naeun is just getting into junior high.

 

Our relationship is getting closer and I started developing my feelings to her since then. We've been together until I turn 19 and she's just celebrating her sweet seventeen. I received a letter that saying that I passed the test and I got the scholarship.

 

Naeun's reaction when she knew about it is unreadable. I don't know if she's actually happy for me or not. I don't know if she's sad either. She's just saying that she's glad that I got accepted but she didn't say anything after that, even when I'm about to leave, she's not coming to an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter