The Replacement Bride : Twenty four

The Replacement Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Jaehyo is rubbing his forehead lightly as he’s putting down his glasses while staring outside the window carefully. It’s been a rough day since he needs to have more than one surgery and it’s tiring him out. He doesn’t think that he can have another hour for work again. He’s checking his phone while his free hand is still rubbing his forehead.

 

He’s replying the message that mostly came from Taeil, and putting his phone back again on the desk, before someone is knocking his door. Jaehyo is looking on it for a while before he spoke again, “Come in.”

 

He’s watching the door carefully when he saw Hayoung, a nurse that’s helping him out inside the hospital and she’s the one that’s checking his entire schedule. “Good afternoon Doctor Ahn.”

 

“What’s wrong Hayoung-ssi?”

 

Hayoung is coming closer before she’s putting down the documents in front of him. “Doctor Nam is taking a break, since he needs to go to the conference outside the country, and he said that he can’t have a surgery for Mr. Jung Daehyun who’s having an accident yesterday, and he asked me to tell you that you’re the one that will do the surgery for Mr.Jung.”

 

Jaehyo is opening the document lazily as he’s checking the entire profile of Mr.Jung. He needs to make sure that he knew everything before doing the surgery. He won’t take a risk for making his patient’s life on danger. “Mr.Jung whose having a bone fracture? When is the surgery?”

 

“Tonight, Doctor Ahn.”

 

Jaehyo is nodding his head once again before he’s closing the document and looking at Hayoung. “Alright, I will go to see Mr.Jung later and you can ask for a surgery room, I will take a little break now. Thank you, Hayoung-ssi.”

 

Hayoung nods her head as she’s walking outside his room before Jaehyo is following her by going outside the room. He’s actually having a meeting with Myungsoo this afternoon, and he’s already late by an hour. He knew that he should tell him first, but he’s the one that needs him so he’s probably fine with it.

 

He’s already asked Myungsoo to meet him at the garden inside the hospital where he worked. He knew that he’s really busy these days and meeting him outside is just wasting his time. He’s arriving at the garden before he’s looking around to find a sight of him. He found Myungsoo is sitting at the bench below a tree.

 

He’s coming closer to him while he’s putting his hand inside his blazer. Myungsoo notices his presence as he scooted and move a little bit to give some space for Jaehyo to sit. Jaehyo is sitting beside him before he crossed his legs together. “I’m sorry I’m late.”

 

“It’s alright.” Myungsoo is replying him lazily and looking at the front, not even bothering to look at him.

 

“You said that you want to meet me?” Jaehyo is replying him, “Is there something wrong?”

 

“I’m going to ask you about Naeun….I know that you close to her before she’s married with me.” Myungsoo is leaving out a heavy sighed, “Naeun must be contacted you.”

 

“Nope, she’s not. She never meets me anyway. The last time I see her is probably two or three months ago, I can’t remember.” Jaehyo replied back, “I already heard everything. How can you use her like that?”

 

Myungsoo is rubbing his head before he’s leaving out a heavy sighed. An eye bag is already noticed on his eyes since he can’t sleep these past few weeks. How can he sleep when he didn’t know where Naeun is and how’s her condition. “I know I messed up a lot of things right now. But I do care about her; I care about my wife, hyung.”

 

Jaehyo is turning his head to see Myungsoo as he’s calling him with hyung. For the first time since he met him, he never addresses him as a big brother, and just calling him with his surname. “But there’s nothing that I can help. I don’t even know where she is right now. I’m not blaming you for what’s happening right now, with you and Naeun, but as you know I care about Naeun as well, and I really want to punch you right here, right now….but I knew that Naeun will probably kill me if she knew that I punched you.”

 

“How did you know everything?”

 

“I knew it from Nana, I already met her. I know that you probably met her as well….she told me everything about how can you and Naeun getting married in the first place.” Jaehyo is smiling lightly, “All I want right now is Naeun’s happiness. There’s nothing more.”

 

Myungsoo is getting silent one more time when he heard Jaehyo is speaking again, “Don’t you ever think that Naeun is actually having a hard time become your wife?”

 

Myungsoo nods his head, “I know. But I can’t let her go that easy. He’s my wife, and stills my wife.”

 

“Think about her happiness, just once thinking about her happiness.”

 

Jaehyo is starring at Myungsoo for a while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter