Chapter 2 (Money doesn't really matter)

I told you not to fall inlove with her

 

Chapter 2

The next day at school, Sooyoung and Jessica walked hand in hand to their first class and found a familiar girl sleeping on their desk. It was none other than Yuri. Sooyoung shook the unconscious girl and as a light sleeper, the latter woke up.

“Oh.. Good morning guys.” She faked a smile when she saw her best friends with intertwined fingers.

“Good morning sleepy head. Why so early?” Sooyoung asked Yuri.

“Just feel like going to school early.” She answered casually.

“Yuri, you sure you’re not coming with me and Sooyoung at the movies?” Jessica asked all of a sudden. Sooyoung’s eyes widened when Jessica asked Yuri since she lied that Yuri is gonna go to work after school.

Yuri looked at Sooyoung’s nervous face and sighed slightly, “Yeah. Sorry guys. Next time when I’m not busy at work.” Sooyoung’s face lit up when she heard Yuri.

The teacher soon came inside the room and greeted her students. The three Musketeers were well behaved today it’s because Sooyoung was not in the mood. She kept on thinking on how to confess to Jessica. While Yuri was scribbling on her visual journal book then Jessica was spacing out. The one hour of lecture felt like it was only a minute because the bell soon began to ring.

The three girls went to lunch to their usual spot, the school’s abandoned garden. They shared their lunch together and chatted for a bit.

“So, Yuri, how’s work?” Jessica asked Yuri.

“uhm… Work’s good. But I feel pressured right now because we have to pay for our debts.” Yuri said in a sad tone.

“Don’t worry buddy, you want me to help you out? Jessica can help too, right Jessi?” Sooyoung wrapped an arm around Jessica’s shoulder and she could only nod her head. Yuri shook her head while smiling and said, “You guys don’t have to worry about me. I can handle things by myself. So you guys just save your money.” The two latters just nod their head since they can’t seem to convince Yuri that helping her is fine.

The long day at school has finally come to an end and Sooyoung was waiting for her bestfriends to finish packing up their stuff, “Geez, you guys are like turtles.” Sooyoung complained. “Well at least our bags are tidy. Not like the others.” Jessica rolled her eyes at Sooyoung playfully and the offended girl just shot the shorter girl a glare. “Aish, you guys should seriously stop fighting. You’ll be late for your movie. I’ll see you guys later.” Yuri faked a smile again and ran towards the gate, “What’s wrong with Yuri? She look like she doesn’t want to hang out with us anymore.” Sooyoung pouted which Jessica find cute, “She’ll be fine. I guess she’s just pressured about family problems.” Jessica patted Sooyoung’s back and they started to head to the cinema.

Yuri biked to her secret hiding place when she is upset: The tiny shed that her dad built for her when she was a child. She went to her room first to change her clothes then locked herself inside the shed. She wanted to be alone for a while. Yuri turned the lights on and started to place a blanket on the floor then she pulled out her visual journal book then started to scribble stuff again.

While Sooyoung and Jessica are watching the movie, Jessica leaned her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder and the taller girl could only blush, she’s lucky because the person beside her can’t see that she’s blushing. Sooyoung then wrapped her arm around Jessica’s shoulder then intertwined her other hand with the shorter girl. Jessica was into the movie while Sooyoung was just enjoying their position. The movie ended and Sooyoung cursed the guy who the lights inside the dark room.

“Jessica, do you want to go home now?” Sooyoung asked Jessica.

“Not yet. I want to eat ice cream.” Jessica pouted and the taller girl just chuckled then lead her to the ice cream shop.

They found their favourite ice cream shop then Sooyoung took the order for Jessica. After a few minutes, Sooyoung approached Jessica with two cones in her hand, “Strawberry and cream for the princess.” Sooyoung said and Jessica blushed, “Thanks.” The older girl grinned and started to dig in. After a good 30 minutes of eating ice cream, Sooyoung drove Jessica to her place and opened the door for her, “Thanks Youngie” Jessica smiled and accidentally kissed Sooyoung’s lips. The taller girl just blushed and scratched her head, “Uh Yeah. No problem. Have a goodnight!” she formed a heart shape over her head and the blonde girl standing on her porch just giggled at her dorky bestfriend.

Meanwhile, Yuri was still scribbling and she suddenly felt that the infinity bracelet from Jessica fell from her wrist. She was surprised because the bracelet was wrecked and she didn’t even touch it. She just sighed and fixed the bracelet.

Yoona was looking for her sister and she suddenly thought of going to her sister’s shed. She peeked through the tiny window and she saw her sister fixing a bracelet. She sighed and knocked on the door.

“What do you want?” Yuri opened the door.

“Nothing. I can’t sleep.” Yoona hung her head low.

Yuri just sighed and stepped out of the way, “Come in.”

Yoona sat beside Yuri and watched her sister fixing a bracelet, “You can just let dad fix that thing. He’s good at fixing stuff.” Yoona said while yawning, “You’re right.” The older girl yawned as well.

“Unnie..” Yoona called her sister.

“hmm?”

“You like Jessica unnie, don’t you?”

Yuri acted cool and replied, “Yeah. But she’s with Sooyoung now.”

“But still unnie, you have to fight for her.” Yoona looked serious.

“Yoona, Jessica and Sooyoung are the perfect match. How could you partner me up with a rich girl?” Yuri chuckled bitterly.

“Unnie, if you really love a person, money doesn’t really matter.” Yoona stretched her legs and laid on the blanket.

Yuri just giggle and Yoona glared at her, “How could you laugh at a very serious talk?”

“You my little dongsaeng is a love doctor. But still, Sooyoung loves Jessica so much.” Yuri sighed and leaned her head on the wall.

There was silence between the two siblings and Yoona was already fast asleep. Yuri was still wide awake, thinking about what her sister said earlier,

“What if money doesn’t really matter?”