Chapter 1 (Best friend)

I told you not to fall inlove with her

 

Chapter 1

The three Musketeers walked to their first class together and sat on their usual seats. The teacher arrived early so the class quickly tidy up and greet the person infront.

During the boring lecture, the three bestfriends looked lifeless and the mood lifter as always find a way to make her bestfriends laugh. So Sooyoung ripped a paper from her book and drew the teacher’s face with lots of wrinkles and a big pimple on her forehead then passed it to Yuri and Jessica. The Ice Princess and the Kkab tried to hold their laughter but failed when Sooyoung re-enacted the thing that she drew.

“Kwon, Choi and Jung.” The teacher called the three girls.

“Neh?” they replied in unison.

“Would you mind telling me what’s behind those giggles?” asked the teacher.

“Uhh..Uh.. Nothing. We’re sorry. We will listen now.” Yuri spoke in behalf of her best friends.

The teacher wasn’t satisfied with Yuri’s answer so she walked to their desk and opened the crumpled piece of paper, “Is this what you call nothing, Miss Kwon?”

“But..” Sooyoung and Jessica tried to reason out.

“No buts Miss Choi and Miss Jung. You guys are always misbehaving in my class and this is not the first time. I’ve had enough so I have to send you to after school detention for 2 hours.” The Musketeers just nodded their heads since they are already used of getting detentions.

 

Sooyoung, Yuri and Jessica were now in the detention class and remained silent the whole time. Sooyoung couldn’t help but to break the silence.

“Uhm.. Jessica” she moved to Jessica’s side.

“Yeah? What’s up?” Jessica said casually.

“Uhm.. Nothing much. I just wanna ask you out for a movie tomorrow after school.” Sooyoung said while handing a ticket to Jessica.

“I would love to but.. How about Yuri?” Jessica said. Jessica don’t like it when the three of them are not together.

“She told me she couldn’t come because she has work so I just bought two tickets.” Sooyoung lied.

“Ohh.. Okay. I’ll meet you tomorrow at the gate okay?” Jessica smiled.

While Jessica and Sooyoung are having their conversation, Yuri was listening behind them. She couldn’t believe Sooyoung would lie to Jessica but she soon understood that Sooyoung only did that because she is about to confess to Jessica. She just cried inside.

The detention class has ended and Sooyoung decided to take Jessica home since Yuri only has a bike for transportation.

While Yuri was walking to her bike, she took a glance at Jessica and Sooyoung who were talking to each other while walking to Sooyoung’s car. She smiled at the sight but behind those smiles were sobs.

“Jessica, I hope Sooyoung takes good care of you.” Yuri whispered to herself and put on her helmet then started to head home.

Meanwhile, Jessica and Sooyoung were having a silent but a comfortable atmosphere. Sooyoung was really happy because she could spend more time with Jessica only. She wasn’t being selfish to Yuri, she just love Jessica more than a best friend. When they arrived at Jessica’s place, Sooyoung opened the door for Jessica and kissed her on the cheek as a sign of farewell.

“Jessica..” Sooyoung called the shorter girl.

“Hm?” Jessica said.

“Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow?” Sooyoung said.

“Uhm.. Sure..” Jessica said but she kind of hesitated. Sooyoung took it as a complete yes and started to drive home. You can see that she is really happy because of the wide grin plastered on her face.

 

It was completely dark and Yuri couldn’t sleep. She stumbled on her bed, hugged her Mickey Mouse plush, drink milk, but none of them worked. She just laid on her back and started to think of good memories then stopped when she heard her phone ringing.

From: MyJ<3

Yul, you still awake?

To: MyJ<3

Yeah. Why? Something wrong?

From: MyJ<3

Nothing. I can’t go to sleep L

To: MyJ<3

Same. >< So you and Sooyoung kind of left me out during detention :( wae?

From: MyJ<3

She just invited me to watch movies with her. It’s sad that you can’t come. You have work right?

To: MyJ<3

Yeah. Anyway, it’s already midnight and you need your sleep. Goodnight, My J <3 :*

From: MyJ<3

Goodnight my KkabYul <3 :* BFF forever..

Yuri smiled at what Jessica replied but felt a sting on her heart when she read the last two words.

“I guess I’m just a best friend to her..”