Chapter 8 (The truth)

I told you not to fall inlove with her

 

Chapter 8

It was the graduation day of the senior students at Chung Ang University. Outside the auditorium, the junior, sophomore and freshmen students are lining up to enter inside. The seniors are sitting back and relaxing while waiting for the program to start.

Sooyoung and Jessica were waiting hand in hand on their seats. Jessica kept on scanning through the room, looking for a familiar tanned girl. Sooyoung  noticed that her girlfriend felt uncomfortable so she tried putting an arm around the shorter girl, “You alright baby? You look bothered.” “Yeah, I think I just feel nervous.” Jessica gave Sooyoung a small smile then she read through the year book. Jessica kept on skimming through the year book then stopped when she saw her class’ photo. She held back her tears when she saw her bestfriends including her standing together and smiling dorkily. Suddenly, a hand closed the book and it was Sooyoung.

The ceremony finally started and all the students got their diplomas except for one person; and that is the one and only Kwon Yuri. Almost all of the students including the under graduates were shocked because Yuri is the type of person who study really hard just to help her family. All of the students respect her because of her hard work and bravery. But sadly, she wasn’t at the big event which made the students feel bad.

On the other side of Seoul, Yuri was settling into her new home her dad built her. It was not that far from her original house so she can visit her family whenever she wanted to.

“Umma, Appa and Yoong thanks so much for respecting my decision. I promise to visit you guys every now and then. And please don’t tell anyone where I am right now.” Yuri said to her family.

“Okay honey. But what about your work?” Mrs. Kwon asked her daughter.

“Mom my boss told me that I’m gonna work at the other branch. And I told them everything.” Yuri said while smiling.

“Organised queen indeed.” Yuri’s dad laughed and the whole family laughed along.

 

It was time for Sooyoung to leave for her training. She is now outside her car arranging her bags in her trunk. After preparing everything, it’s time for her to leave.

“Baby, I’ll be back soon okay?” Sooyoung kissed Jessica.

“Hurry back or else you’ll face the wrath of HellSica.” Jessica kissed her girlfriend back, “Don’t forget to call me when you arrive there okay?” Sooyoung nodded then went inside her car then drove off. Jessica went inside the house then slumped on the couch. Feeling bored, the blonde girl remembered her best friend and she attempted to call her. The number can’t be reached no matter how many attempts she makes. She sighed in defeat and called her friend to accompany her instead.

It was already night time and the SooSica couple decided to video chat because Jessica already missed her girlfriend.

“Youngie~ I miss you already~~” Jessica whined through the camera.

“Miss me that much? Don’t worry baby 59 days more to go.” Sooyoung grinned dorkily while showing Jessica her calendar. The blonde girl giggled, “59 days without my personal pillow.” Jessica sighed while pouting, “Aigoo, you should seriously stop those aegyos.” Sooyoung scratched her head. The two of them chatted for about 2 hours just talking about their future and it was mostly about Jessica’s new work at her dad’s company.

Meanwhile, Yuri was still cleaning up her new home and arranging her stuff. She stopped when someone knocked on her door.

“Yoona, what’s up?” Yuri said as she let her sister step inside her house.

“Nothing. I’m bored. I want to live with you.” Yoona said as she sighed.

“You can just visit me anytime silly. But don’t visit me during night time okay? It’s too dangerous. And tell me if you want to sleep over so I can pick you up at home.” Yuri instructed her little sister who just nodded.

The Kwons went to Yuri’s backyard to hang out since Yuri has neither attic nor a shed. As usual, they set the blankets then they stargazed.

“Unnie, is this our new habit?” Yoona asked.

“Yeah. I think so.” Yuri replied.

“Unnie, I’m gonna get your diploma tomorrow then I’ll drop it here okay?” Yoona looked at her sister.

“Okay. Thanks Yoong. You’re the best dongsaeng.” Yuri ruffled her sister’s head then pulled her for a cuddle.

“Yoong, do you love someone?” Yuri asked all of a sudden.

“Neh unnie.” Yoona replied, hugging her sister’s waist tighter, seeking for warmth.

“Who is it Yoong? I wanna know who stole my dongsaeng’s heart.” Yuri hugged her sister tight as well.

“Well, I love her but we’re not meant to be together.” Yoong said in a sad tone.

“Why not? Yoong, you yourself told me that anything is possible when it comes to love.” Yuri said in a confused tone.

“It’s because she’s my sister. And she loves someone else.” Yoona replied.

“You really know how to make me laugh Yoong.” Yuri chuckled as she plays with her sister’s hair.

“I’m serious unnie.” Yoona whined.

“Arasso arasso. If you insist. But that was a good one Yoong.” Yuri chuckled again.

“I thought I got you. Aish! I should seriously practice more.” Yoona laughed loudly.

 

 

The next day, Yoona went to her school to pick up her sister’s diploma. The students and teachers asked Yoona the same question, “Where’s Yuri?” she was getting sick of it so as a cheeky girl, she wrote on a paper “Yuri’s fine. Don’t worry about her.” Then she would show it to everyone who asks her. Pretty clever girl. When Yoona was about to go downstairs, someone snatched her away then led her to the comfort room. It was Jessica.

“Yoona, can you please tell me where your sister is?” Jessica pleaded.

“Why would I tell you?” Yoona said harshly.

“Yoona, I know you’re still mad at me. I already know that it’s my fault for being stupid. I love Sooyoung, and your sister as well.” Jessica was starting to get teary.

“You love Sooyoung and my sister? You’re that greedy huh? Look, I don’t like it when someone plays with my sister’s feelings. You already have Sooyoung. So stop telling me those stupid lies.” Yoona barged out of the toilet but she was pulled by Jessica on the wrist. Yoona didn’t turn around to face Jessica so the older girl just told Yoona the things she wanted to tell,

“Yoona, I’m not telling you a lie. I’m just confused. I love the both of them but Sooyoung had the courage to tell me her feelings. That’s what I like about Sooyoung.” Jessica said still gripping on the taller girl’s wrist. Yoona turned around then pulled her wrist from Jessica’s hand.

“She didn’t have the courage because her so called bestfriend named Sooyoung told her not to fall inlove with you. Because Sooyoung wants you all to herself. I’m not giving Sooyoung a bad reputation here but I think it’s unfair for her to just tell my sister not to fall inlove with the person she’s inlove with.” Yoona turned around then walked farther.