Chapter 3 (More than friends but less than lovers)

I told you not to fall inlove with her

 

Chapter 3

It was a Saturday so the YoonYul siblings just slept in. Their mom knocked on Yuri’s shed then peeked through the window, she saw that her daughters are still asleep so she decided to let them sleep for a while. Yuri soon stirred from her sleep and found her sister laying down beside her. She shook the girl.

“Yoona, time to wake up.”

“Unnie, it’s too early.” Yoona mumbled.

“Yoona, 12pm is not early.” Yuri scratched her head then carried her sister into their house.

Yuri placed Yoona on the couch then started to clean herself up. After 45 minutes of preparing, she rushed outside and greeted her dad.

“Morning Appa” she smiled.

“Morning Yul, what’s up?” Mr. Kwon smiled back.

“Nothing much. Uhm Appa, can you fix this for me?” Yuri handed her dad the infinity bracelet.

“Sure. This is just a piece of cake. So, where are you going?” her dad asked.

“Work then gym.” Yuri grinned.

“Okay, take care.” Yuri bid goodbye to her Appa as she ran towards her bike.

 

Jessica was still sleeping peacefully when suddenly her sister shook her vigorously.

“Do you really want to die, Krystal?”

Krystal just shoot a glare at her, “Hey, you have to be thankful to me! And by the way, Sooyoung is downstairs waiting for you.” The younger girl skipped out of the room and Jessica started to freshen up.

When she finished preparing herself, she met her best friend downstairs.

“Morning Youngie, what brought you here?” she asked.

“I wanna hang out with Yul. I miss her already.” Sooyoung smiled.

“Sounds good. Wait, she has work today right?” Jessica asked and Sooyoung nodded, “We will give her a surprise visit.” Sooyoung grinned dorkily. So the both of them walked to Sooyoung’s car and drove off to Yuri’s work place.

 

Yuri decided to close the blinds since there are no customers. She went to her working corner and drew the portrait her latest customer ordered. After drawing the outline structure, she heard someone knocking on the door, she quickly washed her hands and ran to open the door for the customers. She was surprised that it was her best friends who visited her.

“Come in guys.” Yuri smiled.

“We thought of hanging out with you today because we’re bored.” Sooyoung handed Yuri a bag.

“What’s this?” the tanned girl opened the bag and found a lunchbox, “Thanks guys, but I have to finish this portrait right now or else my boss will kill me.” Yuri smiled again then resumed doing her work.

Sooyoung and Jessica were having a good time eating lunch and chatting while Yuri was still into her work. She decided to take a break and joined her bestfriends.

“Oh Yul, you finished?” Jessica asked.

“Nope, I just want to take a break.” Yuri replied. She took the kimbap then ate the whole lot.

“Yul buddy, you plan on getting my title as the shikshin?” Sooyoung chuckled.

“Nah, I’m just like this when I’m hungry..And upset.” Yuri whispered the last phrase to herself and continued eating. While Yuri was eating, Sooyoung and Jessica take turns on wiping the corner of Yuri’s lips because she eats like a 10 year old kid.

“Aish! You eat like a baby.” Jessica shook her head then grabbed another tissue.

Suddenly, a big man approached them and said in a motherly tone, “Aww, you guys are like a family. Sooyoung is the Appa, Jessica is the Umma and Yuri is the baby.” Jessica and Sooyoung blushed and Yuri just rolled her eyes, “What’s up boss?” Yuri said, “Yuri, I just want to raise your salary because you’ve been really loyal to me. So I just want to give you a little something.” The man said and patted Yuri’s head, “Thanks, I’ll work even harder now.” Yuri grinned and drank the glass of water in one gulp.

“Guys, I have to go to the gym now. Sorry if I’m lame.” Yuri scratched her forever itching head.

“We can go to the gym together. I brought extra clothes.” Sooyoung said.

“But I don’t have any extra clothes.” Jessica pouted.

“Well I brought two.” Yuri and Sooyoung said in unison then they looked at each other and chuckle.

“Fine. Let’s go now. Yuri, wanna join us?” Jessica asked Yuri.

“I’ll just use my bike.” Yuri flashed an assuring smile then got on her bike.

Sooyoung, Jessica and Yuri arrived at the gym then started to do some warm-ups. Since Yuri is the Gym person, she taught Jessica the proper body stretches, she introduced Jessica the different machines. From afar, Sooyoung felt jealous because she knew that she’s a weakling when it comes to fitness. She just sighed and continued walking on the treadmill. When Yuri was doing her own work, Sooyoung decided to approach Jessica and gave the older girl a drink bottle.

“Thanks Youngie.” Jessica smiled.

“No problem. Anyway, do you want to stop that gym freak over there?” she pointed at Yuri’s direction and Jessica nodded.

“Yah, wanna go grab dinner?” Jessica poked Yuri’s arm.

“I guess I’ll pass for tonight.” Yuri answered and stopped the treadmill.

Sooyoung went to her best friends with a sad face, “Guys, dad said I have a meeting right now.”

“Okay, I’ll just catch a cab.” Jessica said then she kissed Sooyoung’s cheek. Yuri acted normal when she saw the scene infront of her but she feel like someone just crumpled her chest.

“Yuri..” Jessica called her best friend.

“Hmm?”

“Can I ride on your bike?” the older girl said shyly.

“Sure silly. Let’s go.” She grabbed the older girl’s hand then walked to Yuri’s bike. Since Yuri has no spare helmet, she just let Jessica wear her one since she’s already fine without a helmet on.

“Where to, princess?” Yuri asked.

“I wanna hang out in your place.” Jessica whined.

“fine” Yuri smiled then headed home.

When the two of them reached Yuri’s place, the tall girl noticed that no one was home.

“Where could they be?” Yuri asked herself, “Sica, just feel at home okay? I’ll just call Yoong.” Jessica nodded her head then sat on the couch.

Yoona was sitting on a park bench then suddenly her phone rang.

“Neh?”

“Yoong, where are you? Where’s Umma and Appa?” Yuri asked.

“Chill. They’re just at the bakery, working. We’ll be home soon.” Yoong answered then hang up.

 

Yuri just sighed and looked at the bored Jessica on the couch.

“Yuri~~” Jessica whined.

“Hmm?”

“Can you show me around? It’s been a while since I visited this house.” Jessica pleaded.

“Okay.” Yuri showed Jessica around the house and their last destination was Yuri’s room.

“Yuri, what’s with this string?” Jessica asked while gripping on the string but before Yuri could answer, she pulled the string and a stairs popped infront of her then realised it was the way to Yuri’s attic.

“well, this is unique.” Jessica giggled and grabbed Yuri’s hand, “Come on, this place looks interesting.”

When they reached the attic, Yuri’s opened the lights and there are lots of drawings inside the room.

“Sorry if my attic is messy.” Yuri scratched her head. It’s her habit.

“It’s alright. I never knew you’re a good artist.” Jessica smiled at Yuri.

“It’s because you spend more time with Sooyoung.” Yuri mumbled to herself and Jessica raised her eyebrow, “Pardon?” “Ahh, I said it’s because you’re busy that’s why.” Yuri tried not to stutter. Jessica just smiled.

The two girls enjoyed the warm atmosphere then Yuri grabbed Jessica’s hand.

“Jessica..”

“Yeah??” Jessica was feeling uncomfortable because her face was inches away from Yuri’s.

“Let’s go to the rooftop.” Yuri smiled dorkily then opened the window of the attic. She grabbed two blankets then let Jessica climb to the rooftop first. The two of them were stargazing while cuddling.

“Yuri..”

“Hmm?”

Jessica smiled then faced Yuri, “I love you…” Yuri could only open then Jessica added, “I hope we’ll be best friends forever..”