Chapter 5

Still Singing Just For You

 

 

 

 

 

-@: I'm still - little bit sniffly sniffly. ㅠㅡㅠ My eyes are still puffy too. BUT... I feel MUCH better.-

 

______ attached a selca before putting on her makeup.

She still looked pretty and her fans made sure to let her know.

After her stage, she was sitting in the dressing room winding down.

 

-@itzmeys: @ Yay! Your Jagi did a good job of taking care of you, didn't he? ㅋㅋㅋ-

 

-@: @itzmeys YEP! ^^ My Jagi is the best nurse! Thank him for me? ㅋㅋㅋ-

 

-@itzmeys: @ He doesn't want thanks. He just wants Tokki to feel better.-

 

"Yah, don't be all cute on twitter. People will think you're always that cute!" ______ scolded.

Yoseob made a face at her.

"Yeah, then they'd be correct!~”

______ rolled her eyes.

She shook her head.

"Nope. Not at all.” She said. She turned to look at him. “Yah….Can you tell me something, Jagi?"

"Hmm?" he leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"Why do we tweet or text each other, when we're this close? Get out! Go to the other room!”

“What? Why?!” he whined.

“Let me miss you! I can’t miss you, if you NEVER leave my side!” she grumbled, pushing him away. “I’m sick, by the way.”


“I’m aware that you’re sick! I just wanted to stay by you in case you need me.”

______ held up her cell phone.

“Jagi, do you see this?” she asked.

“Your handphone?” he was confused.

Yoseob’s face was adorable when he was confused.

“Mhm…do you know the point of a handphone is?”

“…”

“Exactly….” She nodded. “If I need you…I’ll call.”

“Fine…” he sighed. “I’ll go.”

“Thank you…”

“BUT…I won’t be happy about it!!!” He shouted.

“That’s fine. Just GET OUT!”

“It’s not like you’re contagious.”

______ turned him around and pushed him towards the door.

She pushed him out and slammed the door.

“BYE!!~~~~~” she giggled.

‘YAH! You’re lucky I have a little baby nose!” he shouted from the other side of the door. “Aish…fine! You better call me though.”

______ lay back on the couch for a short nap before the winner was announced.

 

-@: B2ST winning Triple Crown? I'm not surprised. They have been working so hard. They definitely deserve it.-

 

-@itmeys: @ Tokki is my favorite! Are you feeling better? Do you need Your Jagi to make you some soup?-

 

-@: @itzmeys no thank you. Could you buy some, instead?-

 

-@itzmeys: @ Now...what was THAT supposed to mean?!

 

-@itzmeys: I feel so insulted.-

 

He pouted and picked up the phone.

"Adeul-ah, you called Umma?"

"Ne! Umma, can you tell me how to make chicken soup?"

"Aww...are you not feeling well?"

"No, it's not for me. It's for ______."

Yoseob's mother sighed.

"Well, if it's for daughter-in-law...I should just make some soup and bring it to her."

"Wow...is my cooking THAT bad? ______ is the better cook, I'm aware. Aigoo, I'm your son!"

"How sick is she?" his mother asked, ignoring his whines.

"Yep, ignore the Adeul. ______ is just, throwing up a bit."

"YANG YOSEOB! I'd love to have grand children soon...BUT ______ is a rookie Idol! She doesn't need a scandal and neither do you! At least use protection."

"UMMA!!" he shouted.

He was so embarrassed.

"Why are you so red?" Kikwang teased.

"Shush. Yah, Umma, ______ is NOT pregnant."

"MWOYA?! You thought he could've been?"

"Is that Kikwangie? What did he just say?"

Yoseob shoved Kikwang away.

"Shut up, Lee Kikwang. For the record, we considered that THAT may be the issue."

"WHAT?!"

"It's NOT the issue! We checked! She's NOT pregnant. It's just the stress causing her to be sick. Doctors confirmed it."

Kikwang stared at him in shock.

"Yah!"

Yoseob just shrugged.

"If you tell anyone..."

"I won’t...I'm just surprised."

"Shut up. Umma could you do it?"

"I'll be over later, with her soup."

“KAMSAHAMNIDA UMMA!~ it means a lot.”

That evening, _____'s doorbell rang.

She ran to go check it.

She opened the door and got a surprise.

"Aah, Eo-Eomeonim!" she stammered.

"Uri Adeul told me that you weren't feeling well. He wanted me to give the recipe to make chicken soup. I don't trust him with that."

"Aah, so you made it yourself?" ______ laughed. "You didn't have to do that Eomeonim! I could've made my own-..."

"Nonsense!" Yoseob's mother protested. "Uri daughter-in-law is sick. She's not lifting a finger.

You take care of my son when I can't. You need someone to take care of you too."

"Eomeonim, are you saying that you don't trust him when it comes to my health?"

"Precisely."

Bokshiri came to sniff around.

"Omo, is this your puppy."

"Our puppy." she corrected.

"Aah, Uri Adeul told me about him."

______ looked at the time.

“Eomeonim, you came all this way? I could’ve waited until morning.”

“NONSENSE. Lay down, and I’ll bring your soup to you. Adeul told me that you need to relax. That’s exactly what you’re going to do.”

______ stared at Yoseob’s mother.

She was determined to get ______ to do as she demanded.

That was so like a mother.

‘I can imagine Jagi being sick as a kid.’ ______ thought. She stifled a giggle.

______ did as she was told.

She sat down on the couch and Yoseob’s mother brought the table, full of food, to her.

As ______ ate, Yoseob’s mother watched closely.

‘Yep…so like a mother.’ ______ thought. ‘They make sure you eat everything and keep a close eye on you. I see where her son gets it from.’

Yoseob’s mother sat down besides ______.

"Daughter-in-law, you look like something is bothering you."

"I love your son."

"I know that you do. I never doubted it for a second."

______ sighed.

"I feel bad."

"Why?"

"He takes such good care of me."

"I heard it’s the other way around too."

"I'm just....I'm worried."

"Why?"

"The doctors said that I'm under too much stress. Then, I have him..." she sighed. "He's trying to keep all the stress off of me. He's placing it all on top of HIS shoulders so that I don't have to. It bothers me. You know how your son is too. If something is hard for him and he's going through a rough time...he keeps it to himself. He doesn't listen when I scold him. He has his own schedule."

"Hmm...Once you get through this promotional period...you should take a rest. This is the only body that you have.” She reached out and touched ______’s hand.  

______ smiled at her.

“Arasseo.”

Suddenly the door opened.

‘YOUR JAGI…IS HERE!!~~~” Yoseob announced, causing both his mother and ______ to jump.

“Aish! Geurae.” ______ nodded. “You can go now.”

“YAH!!!!” he shouted.  He saw his mother and smiled.  “Umma, you’re here.”

“Mhm, Adeul asked me to.” His mother said. She looked at ______. “He has a key to your place?”

“He’s just naughty and breaks in whenever he wants to.”  ______ said. “My guard dog is useless.”

“Bokshiri isn’t scared of me…that’s why. Yah…are you feeling okay?” he asked.

“Mhm…are you?” ______ countered the interrogation.

“Of course.”

“Are you sure? Your throat is okay? You’ve been singing a lot.”

“YAH!” Yoseob snapped. “Don’t stress over me.”

“I do what I want!” she snapped back.  “Take care of your voice instead of me.”

“Shireo…” he argued.

______ rolled her eyes.

She held out her hand to him.

“Jagi…”

“Mwo…?’

He stared at her hand.

“How did you get the key?”

“I promise Jintaekie Hyung that I was going to come check on you.”

______ nodded.

“Mhm…and he trusted you? You’d come and want to play.” She teased.

 “Of course he trusted me. I want you to get better.” He said, feeling her forehead. “No fever.”

“Duh! I never had a fever.” ______ laughed.

“Aigoo…” his mother said. “Adeul, let the girl breathe!”

“Seriously!~” ______ pushed him onto the couch. “Aish, you interrupted our girl talk! You might as well just stay.”

Yoseob looked at them.

“Girl talk?” he asked curiously.

 “Daughter in law says you’re suffocating her.”

“What do you mean?!” He protested. “I have a full schedule. When I see her, of course I’m going to smother her to death.”

“Well, I’m feeling better.” ______ said. “You’re the one causing me more stress. So…SHHHHH!!!~~~~~”

Yoseob’s mother looked at the time.

“Well!~ Would you look at the time!~’ She announced. “I have to go so that I can get home before my husband worries.”

“Aah, like Appa like Adeul?” ______ commented.

His mother said her goodbye and  Yoseob walked her out.

He got her into a cab.

“Yah! Yang Yoseob!” she scolded.

“Yes, Umma?”

“Uri daughter in law, still looks a bit stressed out.”

He nodded.

“I know.”

“Make it easy for her, arasseo?” she said cupping his face in her hands. “No scandals.”

He stifled a laugh.

“Arasseo, no scandals. I promise.” He said.

She kissed both of his cheeks.

“She’s more stressed over your health than her own. For her sake, stay healthy. For mine as well.”

“Ne, Umma!” he nodded.

He took out his wallet and paid the driver.

“Yah! You don’t have to pay.” She argued.

“Of course I do. You’re my Umma!” he insisted. “You came because I begged you.”

“Well, it’s also because I missed my daughter in law.”

Yoseob blushed.

“Are you going to keep insisting on calling her that?” he asked.

“Of course!” she shouted. “She’s been around for more than a year…but I haven’t seen her in months.”

“She’s been busy though. We both have. When we both have a break, we’ll visit, arasseo? I promise.”

He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

 “Arasseo. Saranghae, Adeul-ah.”

“Nado, Saranghae.”

After she left, he came back to say good night to ______.

“It was nice seeing her.” ______ said.

Yoseob sighed, pulling her close.

“Are you sure you’re feeling better?” he asked.

“Yes, Hubby!~” she teased. “I’m feeling MUCH better. I’m a lot stronger.”

He examined her face.

“You look better.” He said. “Your cheeks are getting nice and rosy again!~”

______ slapped her hands excitedly.

“WHEEEEEEEE!!!~~~~~~ I can schedule that meeting with Etude House!~~~~~~”

“I can do something BIG that people will love!~~~” he squealed.

______ turned to look at him.

She looked him over.

“You better keep your clothes on.” She warned. “Just because I’m not preg-…”

“YAH!!!!! I keep my body covered!” he whined. “What are you talking about?”

“Well, you said something big.” She shrugged.

Yoseob smirked.

He stared at her knowingly.

“Aye!~ You’re thinking about my body, aren’t you?” he taunted, playfully poking her stomach.

“Go ahead, poke my stomach! Let’s see what happens.” She narrowed her eyes dangerously.

He pulled back his hand.

“Um…” he hesitated.

“Hold on…let me try.” She teased, pretending to throw up.

“YAH!!!!!!!!!!” he shouted, backing up into the wall. “Aish, fine, I’ll stop hovering around.”

He s his arms around her waist.

“Ppoppo?” she teased.

“Promise not to puke on me?” he asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

______ nodded.

“If you promise to walk out that door and sleep in YOUR OWN bed.”

Yoseob had an unsure expression on his face.

______ released him from her embrace and put her fists on her hips.

“WHAT?! What’s with that look?!?!” he shouted. “I’m just being cautious! What if something happens?”

“Jagiya, you’ve spent every night here since I’ve been sick. You haven’t gotten much sleep. If you get sick  from lack of sleep, I will not forgive you!!!” she scolded. “I won’t let you sacrifice your health for mine. Didn’t you say you want to do something big?! How can you do that if you’re exhausted because you’re stuck being the perfect boyfriend.”

Yoseob sighed.

“Fine….” He sighed in defeat. “I’ll go home…that doesn’t mean I won’t call you in the morning!”

______ smiled.

“You wouldn’t be you if you weren’t so thoughtful and sweet.” She said. “Saranghae!~”

“Nado, Saranghae!~” he replied.

“Goodnight!” she pushed him out the door and closed it.

Yoseob stood there, in shock.

“YAH! What happened to my Ppoppo?!?!” he whined. “Aish, it’s not even contagious. I can have a kiss. Aish…I wanted a kiss. That is the SECOND time today that she tried to smash my baby nose.”

He, sulkily, dragged his feet back to B2ST’s dorm.

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________

Who else wants Yoseob's mother as a mother in law?! *raises hand* MEEE!!! I DO!!!~~~~