Chapter 19

Still Singing Just For You

 

 

 

 

Taehyun treated his cast and production staff to lunch.

"So, what kind of food are we having?"

"Aah, I used to eat at expensive, fancy places but my ex-girlfriend turned me onto hole in the wall places. I love it more than those fancy restaurants now."

______ smiled.

Taehyun told the staff about his memories as they ate.

 

-------Flashback---------

 

______ were still dressed in their school uniforms.

They had spent hours working hard on their musical, every day after school and during breaks.

"Oppa, are you hungry?"

"Wae?"

"We can go get something to eat. My stomach is growling. I hear yours too!" She said poking his tummy. "Oppa!~~ BAEGOPAYO!~~"

"Arasseo." He chuckled giving into her aegyo. "What did you have in mind?"

"Dosirak."

"Dosirak? Mwo?"

"You're Korean. You haven't had a lunch box before?"

"Ani."

"Come on then."

She dragged him to a restaurant.

"This place...is tiny."

"Tiny restaurants, like this, have the yummiest food. You've really NEVER been to one?"

"I'm more of an upscale cafe and restaurant kind of guy."

"Oppa, you don't know what you're missing. Small businesses need love too."

"I don't know." He eyed her suspiciously.

“OPPA!~ LIVE A LITTLE!~” she begged. “I promise, you won’t regret it. It can’t kill you.”

“Unless I’m allergic to it.

______ sighed.

“Chicken…”

“YAH!”He growled. “FINE!~”

“YAY!~” she jumped around, clapping happily.

They went into the restaurant and sat down.

He looked at the menu and blinked.

“Um…”

______ looked up at him.

“Aigoo, Oppa, can’t you read Korean? Aish, I thought you were a writer. Do you speak and your computer types for you?” she teased. She shook her head and mutter. “Aigoo…rich people.”

“YAH!” he glared at her. “I can read. I just…don’t know what anything is.”

“That…is…sad.” She sighed. “You don’t even know traditional Korean food? You’re Korean, right?”

“Of course I am.” He grumbled.

“You poor deprived rich boy.”

“Yah!~” he chuckled. “Shush!”

“Awww.” She snickered. “Oppa, did you want me to order for you?”

“Yes please.” Taehyun nodded, placing the menu back onto the table. “That thing is confusing the hell out of me.”

The waiter came to take the order.

“May I take your order?”

“Um…dosirak? Two please?”

After the waiter left, ______ smiled.

Taehyun was lost.

“So, what’s so special about a lunch box?”

“You’ll see.”

Their orders came and he watched her.

“What do I do?”

“Shake it.”

Taehyun gave her a look like she was crazy.

“Excuse me?”

He wasn’t sure if he heard her correctly.

“Shake it.” She repeated. She picked up her lunchbox and demonstrated for her.

Taehyun watched with interest.

“That is…weird.”

“Don’t hate on my childhood memories.”

He looked around to see if people were watching.

“Um…people will see.”

“So?”

“…It’s embarrassing.”

“Oppa is so boring.”

“AM NOT!” he shouted. He picked up the lunchbox and shook it to mix up the food inside.

When he opened the box and looked inside, he made a face.

“It’s not pretty but…the taste is MASISSTA!~”

He hesitated to take a bite.

______ used her spoon to scoop a bit for him.

“What are you doing?”

“Open up. AAHH!~~~~” she demonstrated for him.

Taehyun blushed, a bit, as he let her feed him.

“…..”

“So?”

He chewed it and smiled.

“Masissta!”

“Told you!~”

 

-----------------End of Flashback--------------------------------------------

 

Taehyun sighed at the memory.

“Sounds like she was your first love.” One of the guys asked.

“Yes.” He said without hesitation.

______ just stared at him in shock.

‘MWOYA?!?!?!?!?!?!’

Just then, her cell phone rang.

“Excuse me guys. I should take this call. Yeoboseyo?” she answered.

“YAH! Song ______, since when do you answer my calls like that?” Yoseob scolded. “Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!”

“Jagiya!~” she giggled. “Mianhae. Are you schedules done for the day?”

“Yep!~” Yoseob said cheerfully. “Yoseobie needs his dose of Tokki!~”

______ smiled.

“Arasseo.” She nodded. “We’re finishing up dinner, right now.”

“Geurae, I can wait a bit longer.”

They ended the call and she jumped back into the conversation with everyone.

“______-ah, your boyfriend is busy? He can’t come in for a visit?”

“Uri Jagi’s schedule is busy.” She said. ‘Plus, if he saw Oppa, he’d not be so calm.’

Taehyun’s mood went 180 degrees.

They finished up there and then ______ ran off to meet with Yoseob.

“JAGIYA!~~~” she squealed. “I missed you SO MUCH!~”

“Jinjja?! How much did you miss me?”

"Don’t get me wrong….I'm still mad at you because my eardrum popped. BUT...your birthday is coming up so I’ve been thinking about you a lot."

"It is..." He nodded. "I hope you didn't go out to get me anything!!!"

______ smiled.

"Don't worry, I didn't buy you a thing."

Yoseob made a face.

That was like a slap in the face.

"Geurae. You know, I'd scold you if you bought me something BUT..."

_____ nodded.

"The last time I gave Eomeonim and Abeonim gifts, I got scolded before giving it to them. Like Umma and Appa, like Adeul." She said playfully.

Yoseob knew that he didn't want her to spend money on him...but still.

"You know, it would've been nice to get something small though."

"You told me not to spend money on you!!!" She argued.

"I KNOW! I just can't believe I didn't get anything for my birthday!! You're already too busy to spend time with me! I just expected to be thought of...just a bit!"

"YOU TOLD ME NOT TO!!!"

"...Geurae..." He growled through his teeth. "Thanks anyway."

"Well"

"Aish...this woman, not even a cheap piece of candy?" He muttered, side-eyeing her. "YAH! Song ______, are you losing interest in me?! Is your co-star that attractive?"

"WHO SAID I WAS LOSING INTEREST?!?!" She snapped. 'What the heck?!?!'

"I'm just saying. We never see each other! When we do, you don't seem as excited to see me as you used to be."

"I just ran to you and attacked you with a hug. What do you mean, I ‘don’t seem that excited’?! Aigoo, just because I didn't buy you a kitten, you think I don't love you? Um...FYI, I'm allergic to cats."

"I didn't ask for a kitten!! I asked for YOU. I want to have YOU for my birthday.”

"YAH! I know that were both busy BUT that doesn't mean a thing!!! My feeling for you hasn't gone anywhere!"

"....It doesn't feel the same to me."

"AISH!!! Yah, Yang Yoseob!!! After the near pregnancy scare...you became so manly...but after Ma Taehyun Oppa…"

"Do NOT call him Oppa around me!!" Yoseob growled as a warning.

______ rolled her eyes.

"You're acting like a child." She told him straight.

"Well..." He threw his hands in the air.

"AISH!" She snapped. "IM NOT HANGING OUT WITH HIM FOR FUN!!!  We’re friends and we do reminisce the old time but THIS IS WORK, FOR ME!!!"

"NOT FOR HIM THOUGH!!!!"

She narrowed her eyes.

"WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MATTER?!?!?!"

"It matters!!! HOW COULD YOU POSSJBLY BELIEVE THAT IT DOESN'T MATTER?!?!?! AISH!!!!!!!"

"You're seriously being ridiculous now...." She said in a softer tone.

"Why is it ridiculous?!?!"

"You're being jealous of me working with Ma Taehyun."

Yoseob scoffed. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well you get points for leaving out the 'Oppa'."

"What has gotten into you?! You should be happy!!! You just won the Triple Crown, on M Countdown...your birthday is coming up so what the heck?!"

"I'm happy that I won!!! I'm just pissed that we still haven't had our Anniversary date! It's been almost six months!!!"

"How is that MY fault?!?! We've BOTH been busy!"

"Exactly!"

"Well, it sounds like you're blaming the fact that I'm working with Ma Taehyun!" She snapped. "It's not like your schedule is free! You have had way more stuff going on than I have! All I was doing is the drama, writing song, practicing, and Etude   House stuff. You know. A lot of couples that don't have free time to spend together...crumble and..."

"NO!"

"You know what...I don't want to talk anymore. JUST GO!”

She showed him to the door.

When Yoseob got back to the dorm, he didn't say a word.

Junhyung and Kikwang looked at each other.

"What's with him?" Kikwang asked.

Junhyung shrugged.

"No clue. Yah, Yang Yose-...."

"DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!" Yoseob cut them off. He headed to his room and plopped onto the bed.

The members were shocked.

“Well that was…different.”

Meanwhile, ______ did the same.

"AISH!" She sniffled. "So much for trusting me. It's not like we're even going to be spending his birthday together!!!! I don't know what the heck he wants from me! Just because I didn't buy him anything it doesn't mean I'm not planning to. I just wanted it to be a surprise."

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

UH OH! O_o

EOTTEOKHAE?! EOTTEOKHAE?!?!?!

The world is crashing down!~ NO ____SEOB!!~