Chapter 16

Still Singing Just For You

 

 

Yoseob was getting into the car, after the music show ended.

"Jintaekie Hyung, who were you on the phone with? My ears are burning!"

"______."

Yoseob nodded.

"I thought so. She hasn't called me though."

"Hold on. She needs to breathe first."

They headed to the dorm.

______ was just getting home.

"Perfect timing." Yoseob said. "TOKKI-YA!!~~"

______ ran passed him to hug Jintaek.

"Jintaekie Oppa, I just want to thank you."

"Me?"

"Mhm...For picking me up that one day when Jihyunnie called you."

"Aha, Cheonmaneyo."

"I'm lost. Why didn't Jagi get a hug? I didn't win!!" He whined. "I need comforting."

"You seemed fine." She said turning to give him a hug. "Jagi, are you okay?"

Yoseob pouted and his voice tone changed.

"Tokki!~~~" he whined like a child.

"Jagi!!~~~" she imitated his tone.

"BOGOSHIPEOSEO!!!!"

"Mm...I'm going to leave. Our company may encourage dating and being happy couple BUT...I'm not interested in watching."

After Jintaek left, ______ and Yoseob went inside.

"So, tell Jagi what's going on." Yoseob said putting his arm around her.

"Did Jintaek Oppa tell you?"

"Ani." Yoseob made a face. "Hyung said you'd tell me after you take a breath. Have you inhaled yet?"

"Uh..."

"Wait...First, have you EXHALED yet?"

"Yes, I came from the twins place." She said. "I'd die if I didn't breathe. Minhee says she gets why you call me your 'Tokki'."

"Did you jump a lot?"

"NE!~~" she squealed.

"Waaaa!~ it must've been big news! Tell me!~"

"I was soooo excited, Minhee had to tell me to calm down because she was paranoid that I'd smack my head on the light fixture."

"You're not THAT tall." He chuckled.

______ glared at him.

"Yeah, I'm just an inch shorter than you in flat shoes." She scoffed. "See if I tell YOU my news! I was there for you when you found out you were going solo! I was happy WITH you when you were scouted for 'The Voice', 'Idol Super Band', and 'Dramatic Blue'. Mr. Busy !!!!"

Yoseob chuckled.

He turned to stick his out for her.

He playfully wiggled it.

"My ?" He winked.

______ slapped his .

"Geumanhae!!!" She laughed.

"Tell it to my !~~" he sang.

"I'm scared...." She shook her head. "Anyway, back to being serious!!! I'm about to further my career."

"How so?" Yoseob asked.

"I have a meeting tomorrow morning, with President Hong."

"Hmm...It feels like we're getting called into the principal office. Is someone wearing a toupee? Did I reveal it without knowing?”

Yoseob crossed his arms over his chest and stomped his foot.

He was getting impatient.

“Tokki-ya, I want to be excited with you!” he grumbled. “What’s going on?”

“Mollayo…” ______ shrugged. “Jintaekie Oppa just called me to tell me that I have a meeting with President Hong in the morning.”

“For what though? It must be important for them to call so late. Usually they would give you more time to prepare. Why such short notice, this time?”

______ smiled.

“Is the suspense killing you?”

“Ani.” Yoseob shook his head. “YOU ARE!~~~~”

“It’s, possibly, my first acting job.”

Yoseob’s jaw dropped.

His eyes went wide.

“M-MWOYA?!?!” he stammered. “J-JINJJA?!?!?! For what? Is it a movie? Is it a drama? Is it a CF? Is it a music video for an idol group?! WHICH ONE IS IT?”

______ giggled.

“Aigoo, you’re as excited as I was.”

“DUH!~” he exclaimed. “I’m your boyfriend, it’s unavoidable!”

“It’s a drama, by the way. I haven’t found out what it’s about BUT…I will know more in the morning.”

Yoseob reached out to her, pulling her against his chest.

“Tokki-ya, FIGHTING!~” he whispered supportive words into her ear. “You need to get lots of sleep tonight. That way, you’ll be well rested for the meeting.”

______ smiled, wrapping her arms around his torso.

“How can you expect me to sleep? I’M TOO EXCITED!~”

______ released him from the embrace and hopped around some more.

“Arasseo.” He chuckled. “Let out that energy. You get this spazziness from your Jagi, don’t you?”

Yoseob put his arm around her shoulder and walked her into the building.

“You’re contagious.” She giggled.

He pressed his lips to her temple.

“You’ll do well.” He whispered into her hair. “I’m confident that Uri Tokki can do this. Go into that meeting and be yourself.”

______ looked at him.

“You mean…minus the spazziness, right?” she laughed.

“DUH! Don’t scare them off! The writer of the drama has OBVIOUSLY seen videos of you, and liked them. All you have to do is sell your acting skills.”

______ sighed.

“I have acting skills? Did I not mention that you’re contagious?”

“YAH! Are you saying I’m a bad actor?!?!”

“Aniyo!~ Of course not!~” she teased. “I just don’t know if you could play a role that is opposite of yourself. If you had to play a serious, tough, violent person…”

Yoseob interrupted her.

“YAH! I already told you I’m not good at roughness! I need practice.”

“As do I.” she nodded.

Yoseob woke up the next morning and got online.

___Seob supporters, on YouTube, were begging ______ to do a cover of 'Caffeine'.

"Yang Yo, are you cyber stalking your own girlfriend?" Junhyung asked.

"You're telling that YOU don't do the same thing?"

"I don't. If I did, I'd know what my birthday gift is. ______ would probably know."

"Probably. Girls talk about those things."

"Uh huh, why are you stalking ______'s past videos?"

Yoseob grinned.

"Because!~~~ Isn’t she SOOOOO CUTE!!!"

"Bagel. You know that ______ is a Bagel."

"Ara.” Yoseob growled through his teeth. “Why do you think I worry about her ex suddenly appearing out of nowhere."

"I thought she was friends with her ex."

"Not that one. The OTHER one. He is ruthless and overly confident. I hate him. Now, I’m going to rewind and forget what we just spoke about."

Yoseob changed the subject and resumed the video marathon.

"Arasseo.” Junhyung laughed. “So…This is her first video?"

"Ne."

Junhyung watched with Yoseob.

The view count caught his eye.

"She got a million views?"

"Yep!!!~ That’s my girl covering OUR song. Also… Our ___Seob supporters have liked all of her B2ST covers. They begged her to do a 'Caffeine' cover, but a girl version."

"You mean, like the girl's response to the original?"

"I guess so.” Yoseob shrugged. He looked at Junhyung. “It would be nice to act on stage with her. It could be like the two parts combined together."

"Sounds like an interesting idea…BUT…” Junhyung sighed. “The part that gets me is…you would…act like ex-lovers? I don't think you could do it! Has ______ acted before?"

Yoseob shook his head.

"Ani, but she's got a meeting with President Hong. They’re discussing a potential acting job for her. It's a drama that's going to be on YouTube, I guess.”

“YouTube? Is it some indie drama? Some indie writers and producers?”

“How should I know? ______ went to the meeting, this morning.”

Meanwhile, ______ was sitting in President Hong’s office discussing the drama.

“So, the writer is new?” ______ asked, trying to grasp what he had told her.

“Yes. He is putting a lot of money and effort into making his first drama. He really wants you to star in it. He thinks that having a rising idol star…could get him a lot of views. The drama pilot is going to be released on YouTube first.”

______ nodded.

“Aah, he wants to see what the turn out will be, first? It sounds like fun!~” she squealed. “I am willing to try it! I don’t know how good my acting will be…BUT…I’ll make him proud that he picked me to star in his first drama.”

After discussing it further, she was sure she wanted to do it.

Soon, it was confirmed, to the public.

______ was confirmed to star in a YouTube drama.

It was her first real acting job.

She took the script home to read through.

The managers also had a copy.

"Jintaekie Hyung, what is that?" Yoseob asked.

"_______ie's script."

"Script? You mean for the drama she's starring in?"

"Ne."

Yoseob reached out excitedly.

"May I see it?!?~~"

"Sure."

Jintaek handed the script to Yoseob, who quickly skimmed through the pages.

"Hmm...this is good for her. Uri Tokki started out on YouTube so this is definitely something she'd like."

"Some rich heir is producing it."

"An heir? To what?"

Jintaek shrugged.

"I'm not too sure. His name escapes me, at the moment. I just know he's rich and successful."

Yoseob took a closer look.

Then it hit him.

"His name isn’t...Ma Taehyun, is it?"

"THAT'S IT!!”

Yoseob crumbled the script in his hands.

"That BASTARD!!!"

He slammed his fist down on the table.

"You know the guy?"

"I doubt ______ knows about him. If she did, she'd tell me. She knows that I don't like him."

"You want her to pull out of it?"

Yoseob sighed.

"...."

"Yoseob-ah...."

"It's not MY choice. I can't force her to pull out of something that could be good for her. Her fans already tweeted about it. They're all excited. That jerk put me in this position! He knew I'd never take this opportunity away from her. ARGH!!!!!! I've met the guy twice and he already knows how to push my buttons."

"Well, you should calm down. You’re going to work with children. You don't want to scare them."

Meanwhile, ______ went to the first script reading.

She was really excited about her first professional acting job.

‘This is really nerve-racking!!!’ she thought. “I already signed the contract. It’s too late to pull out now.”

“PULL OUT?” A voice came from behind, as the door swung open.

_______ whipped her head around.

She recognized the voice.

“O-Oppa? Taehyun Oppa?”

“______-ah! You can’t pull out now! You signed the contract and promised to help me!”

“OPPA!” she snapped. “I didn’t know it was you! YAH! why did you pick me?!”

“You’re a good actress. Don’t you remember the musical that I wrote, in high school?”

______ sighed.

“Y-Yeah…b-but…that was high school! I have no real acting experience! It was mostly singing.”

“I believe in you.” He said, a perfect smile spread across his handsome face.

‘Uri Jagi is going to flip. I’m going to die. Oh...My...Gosh....EOTTEOKHAE?!?!?!'

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

DA DA DUN!!!~~~~~~~~~

Mianhae, Beloved Subbies. I havent felt inspired lately.

It's the stupid writers Block and the fact that I've been working all day long.

GEURAE! Come over here and...INSPIRE KAILANI!~ ♥ haha Okay...NOW!