Chapter 31

Still Singing Just For You

 

 

 

 

After dinner, and some bonding time with her family, ______ prepared to leave.

"Tell Son-in-law that we really want to see him."

"I will." ______ smiled. ‘I know. He was the topic of discussion all evening. He’s all you talked about.’

Her father sighed.

"Yah, Song ______, Appa knows that you are an adult."

"Huh?"

"We would still like to be updated on what is going on with you."

______ smiled and told them about the drama.

"We already knew about that. We just want to know about the hiatus."

"Mr. Money Bags appeared, that's what happened." Munhee explained.

"Who is that person that Munhee is talking  about?" Her mother asked.

"Ma Taehyun."

Her parents were silent.

"The heir to company, that broke your heart?"

"I also did that."

Junghee and Minhee rolled they're eyes.

"Only our brother would brag about something like that. Babo-ya, they like you. Don't ruin it for yourself."

"Taehyun Oppa and I have history BUT...that doesn't change the PROFESSIONAL relationship we have right now." ______ told them.

"Son-in-law is alright with you working with him?" Mr. Song asked.

______ awkwardly shifted her weight on her feet.

"He's not thrilled about it....BUT...he trusts me." She said with a smile. "It's been almost two years that we've been dating. I want to keep growing that number."

"I hope so!" Her mother exclaimed. "We've visited his parent restaurant quite a bit lately."

"Mwo? Cheongmalyo? What for?"

"We love them. They are very kind people. I can tell that they love you, as much as we love son-in-law."

"Sounds like a marriage meeting." Junghee snickered.

"......"

______ blushed.

"We aren't getting married anytime soon!"

"Aww...Unnie!" Minhee pouted.

"There already was an idol wedding recently."

"Mhm...Sunye from the Wonder Girls."

"So....Sunye from the Wonder Girls is pregnant, isn't she? She's a year older than us!" Minhee said. She whispered something to ______. "UNNIE, forget about the present that I gave to you and Oppa..."

"YAH!"

"What? I want to play with a baby."

"Make your own!"

"ANDWAE! You're the one in the relationship."

"Adopt one!"

"It's easier to borrow yours."

"Kim Minhee, uri Jagi and I took that near scandal to realize that we aren't ready for little ___Seob babies running around." She growled through her teeth.

"You do think he'd be a good father though?"

"Of course, he's amazing with kids. You can keep dreaming my little SHAWOL."

"She can't dream. Her dreams are dead." Munhee grinned.

"WAE?" ______ asked.

"It’s hilarious. Her precious Onew Oppa has been in a dating scandal recently."

"...."

"Oh and Taemin with Naeunnie?" ______ added in there, just for fun.

"MWOYA?! What are Taeminnie and Son Naeun?!?!" Minhee panicked. "What happened?"

"They're going to be on We Got Marr-...."

"ANDWAEYO!!!!!!" Minhee shouted out in agony. "This can't be! It's a rumor right?! They made it up about Yoseob Oppa before. It could be like that."

"No, it's confirmed. Daepyonim-...."

"ANDWAE!!!" Minhee sobbed like a baby. "Not fair."

"______ie, you don't need to have a baby. We have one right here." Junghee chuckled patting his sister's back."

“Aigoo, the world sure knows how to kill a SHAWOL.” ______ giggled. “Aigoo, I thought we were leaving? I need to work in the morning.”

_______ snapped a selca with her parents to post for Yoseob.

 

-@: With Umma, Appa, and Fluffernugget! As soon as I walk through the door, "where's Yoseob?". Hul, thanks! I feel so loved. ㅠㅡㅠ-

 

______ messaged the same thing to him.

She instantly got a call back.

"Aww...you went to visit your parents without me?!?" He whined.

"Well...they invited me over."

"Did you leave already?!" he asked.

"No, WAE?"

"Switch to video call. I want to say hi to them!"

_______ smiled and shook her head.

"This is why my parents love you more than me."

She tapped her screen to change to video call.

"That's exactly why." Yoseob grinned.

"Shut up!" _______ whined. “You’re making it worse.”

"Just being honest!"

"YAH! YOU PUNK!"

"Aye, respect your Jagiya. I'm still older than you."

"Mehrong!"

Her parents looked up.

"Nugu?" Her father asked.

"You can't adopt him, Arasseo?" ______ giggled, handing the phone over to her parents.

"Ah. SON-IN-LAW!!!" _______'s mother squealed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Eomeonim!! Annyeonghaseyo Abeonim!!! I'm sorry I couldn't make it!"

"That's alright! Just make sure you come with uri ______ie the next time."

Yoseob smiled and nodded.

"Of course! She didn't even tell me about it this time."

"Song _______!" Her parents scolded.

______ made a face.

"Yang Yoseob, don't you try to get me into trouble! It's not my fault you're busy!"

"Is too!"

"How?"

"Just because..."

Minhee giggled.

"Song ______ stop pestering our son-in-law! Aww...son-in-law, you look so tired!"

"Song _______ won't let me sleep in her place when she's not there."

"Song ______!" Her mother scolded..

"AISH...." ______ grumbled.

"Son-In-law needs to rest a lot!"

"He has his own dorm. He’s just grumbling  to grumble."

"Ani..." Yoseob denied.

"....."

______ smiled.

"I am tired though. It would've been nice to visit with you. The jet lag is horrible. I keep forgetting where I am."

"That's called Alzheimer's."

"No it's called girlfriend withdrawal. I miss you so much already that I'm picking on you so that you miss me. Isn't that what you did to me? Karma, Cuteness."

______ scrunched up her nose.

"You !"

"Hold on, I'm going outside to puke," Munhee muttered.

"Son-in-law, we've been visiting with your parents often."

"....Aah, JINJJA?"

“They have.” ______ nodded.

"We should plan to have dinner together then." Yoseob suggested. “Even if just for a short while, I want to catch up with you.”

"Alright. Let us know when you’re available.”

“I will.”

 The video call lasted forever.

______ looked at the clock.

“My parents are holding me hostage.” She told Minhee.

Minhee just giggled.

“They just love Oppa, don’t they? Unnie, consider what I said about the b-…”

“Nope.” ______ shook her head. “When you date all five members of SHINee, at one time, you can choose who to make babies with.”

“Unnie…”

______ went over to her parents.

“Bojogae-ya, quit bothering my parents and go to sleep! You need to rest before you pass out while working.” She scolded.

“Hul…” he pouted. “Arasseo. Eomeonim, Abeonim, I’ll talk to you again soon.”

The next morning, ______ woke up and got ready to head back to work.

When she walked out the door, she ran into someone in the hallway.

“Yah, why are you rushing to leave?” He scolded.

“Oh, Jagiya!~” she squealed happily.

"Tokki-ya!~" he imitated her tone.

"Jagiya, what are you doing here?" she asked, eyeing him a bit. ‘Did he sleep a lot last night? Isn’t he busy?’

Yoseob made a face.

"WAE? Did you not want to see me? I've been on so many planes lately, and we haven't been able to meet up."

"That's not new." She pointed out. “That’s our lives.”

"YAH! I just wanted to see you, okay? I have to go to Japan alone. I want to spend some time with you first."

"Awww..." ______ frowned. "I have to work though."

"Ara." He nodded. "You're a busy person too. Don't you miss your Namja, though?"

"Uri Bojogae Namja? Of course I do." She smiled. "I guess it’s better than nothing."

Yoseob pulled her into his arms.

“I missed you. I’d rather tease you in person. It’s just not fun over the phone.” He whispered into her hair.

______ whined a bit.

“So, you smother me instead? I know you missed me. I missed you too, but you don’t need to suffocate me!” she giggled.

“Oh mian.” He said releasing her from the embrace.

“A kiss will do just fine.” She smiled.

They leaned in and shared a quick kiss.

"ARF!" Bokshiri barked, making an attempt to jump up Yoseob's leg.

"Awww....Aegi-ya, did you miss Appa too?" Yoseob chuckled, picking up the dog to hug him close.

They headed downstairs and out of the building together.

"Kyungmin Oppa!" She exclaimed when she saw Yoseob's manager waiting at the car.

"______-ah, Annyeong!"

"Cutest Oppa EBER!"

"....no comment." Yoseob said.

______ just smiled and got into the car.

They sat next to each other, while his manager sat behind them.

"You sure you want to me to work?" ______ asked her boyfriend.

"No." he shook his head in response.

"What?" She giggled.

"I'm not sure BUT...I care more about spending time with you, them the possibility of running into that punk."

She smiled and kissed his cheek.

She wrapped her arms around his torso and cuddled close.

"Hmm..." He said looking at his phone for the time. "How long is the ride?"

"It'll take about a half an hour to forty five minutes until we arrive at our destination." The driver said. "There is traffic."

"Yay traffic!" Yoseob clapped.

______ just stared at him.

"Yah...."

Yoseob slipped his arm around her shoulders.

"What? I just want to enjoy being next to you. Is that too much to ask? I won't let us end up like other failed celebrity couples."

_____ sighed.

"You won't be tired when you get back?"

"Mollayo.."

"You won't get any breaks. You'll be jumping from one plane to the next and..."

"I can sleep on the plane and on the car rides to and from schedules."

______ was still concerned.

“Want to borrow my pillow?”

"I'd rather take you. Dongwoon asked me to shove him in my luggage. Can’t I bring you instead?"

"Sorry, I'll be busy too."

"Ara…………I wish I could be happy for you BUT...."

______ smiled and his hair.

“At least your jealousy level has gone to cute, instead of irritatingly close to explosion.”

"Well, I havent seen him so...of course I'm calm."