They met again but she can't remember.

Unbreak My Heart

 

Kris

I tried to move on. I really did. Focusing on my career first. SHINee debuted last May. And I am still not progressing. The girls are preparing for their debut on 2009 so they had to practice more alone. Sulli and I had the littlest amount of time to hang out. There were new trainees who came. The trainees were regrouped, of course. Kai is still my groupmate. Trainees Lay and Suho got in SM Academy a year before me but now we belong in the same group. New trainees like Chanyeol, Sehun, and Xiumin are also in our group. I was quite glad that I was able to be with some Chinese like me.

Still, moving on is hard. I don’t even think I could ever move on. Everytime I go to the practice rooms, our memories filled the area. It is as if I could see her smiles, hear her laughter all once again. The memories were all so vivid that it hurts. Everytime I go out of the SMEnt Building, their fans would be waiting. Occasionally, I would see her. Or I was imagining I’m seeing her. Everytime I would open the television, it would be Music Bank or Inkigayo showing their performances. Everytime I would open the radio, I would hear her voice along with Sungmin’s voice. I only got jealous especially when she was featured in Super Junior H’s Cooking? Cooking! Everytime I would open the internet, Girls’ Generation would be everywhere. It’s been months like that. Sometimes I thought I was going crazy. Falling for someone who wouldn’t fall for me back.

On January 2009, Girls’ Generation released Gee. My groupmates were fanboys, too. They would talk about SNSD everytime we have a free time. They would talk about their biases and stuff. They would talk about how they are dying to meet them. Lay was really happy when he met SNSD’s Dancing Queen Hyoyeon. One day, the company gave out free Gee albums of SNSD. My groupmates were the first in line. All of them are crushing on SNSD noonas. Scratch that, all of usIn 2010, new trainees like Luhan and Kyungsoo was added to our group. Luhan and Xiumin became my roommates. But they are also fanboys of SNSD.

Since the Gee era, SNSD’s name is number one in all charts. Up until now, their albums sold millions of copies worldwide. They even won many daesangs. And I know they will still win in the future. So far they released Japanese albums. Oh, you don't know how jealous I was over my friend Chanyeol who got to be in their Genie Japanese PV.

“Hyung, where are you going?” I asked when my roomates Luhan and Xiumin were hurrying to fix themselves. I can also hear running footsteps outside our room.

“Girls’ Generation is in the SM Building! Hoping we’ll get autographs this time.” Luhan told me.

“Won’t you come with us? Sunny noona is very pretty today.” Xiumin told me.

“Aniyo, I’ll just practice here.”

“Suit yourself!” Luhan said and they ran off.

The dorm is a two-minute walk away from the SMEnt building. When I look outside the window, clearly SNSD is there. There are many fans outside the building and paparazzi are present. Part of me did want to see them. She’s changed. She’s grown a lot prettier. I kind of wished that I was in Minho’s place. Because he is in their Gee MV. Part of me didn’t want to see her. Maybe because I am afraid to get hurt once again. My wound is still in the process of healing.

I took a shower and dressed in a casual outfit. And went to the SMEnt building. I did tried my best to stop myself from going there. Moving on is hard. Especially when your groupmates are fanboys. When I get to my favourite practice room on the 6th floor, someone is there. I wonder who it could be.

I stopped dead on my tracks when I saw a figure come out of the practice room. She is a short girl, wearing only a t-shirt and leggings. She had medium long dark brown hair tied in a ponytail. She had a petite waist and a well-proportioned body build. She is talking to someone on the phone.

“Oppa,” said her sweet voice, “the girls and I are in the SM building. We won’t be back in the dorm until we’re done… Ne… Ne… Bogoshippeo, oppa… Saranghae.”

The girl turned around to see me. I’m pretty sure it was her. But her eyes didn’t had any idea who am I. I was expecting a surprised expression, death glares, or perhaps my name would come out of . Instead, she said, “Annyeong haseyo~” and bowed to me. “Annyeong Sunny sunbae” I bowed back to her.

“Are you a trainee?” she asked me. Clearly she doesn’t remember me. But why?

“Ne, sunbae.”

“Funny, your voice sounds familiar.” She smiled at me. “Are you going to use the practice room?” she asked.

“Aniyo, since Girls’ Generation sunbaes are using it.”

“Aniyo! It’s just me who’s using it.” She said as she took my hand and dragged me inside. As she says, no one is inside the room. Just her things. She let go of my hand as she took her things. The music stopped playing. She put her MP3 back in her bag.

 “You have a nice taste on choosing the best practice room! This is also my favourite room here in the building. Use it well!” She said before leaving the room.

I was positive it was her. But why didn’t she remember me? A group of walking footsteps can be heard. Aside from her footsteps. “Annyeong haseyo, Sunny sunbae!” I heard the voices of my groupmates chorused. “Annyeong~” I heard her voice.

I heard my groupmates’ voices talking about finding who is in the practice room. Suddenly Kai, Suho, Xiumin, Lay, and Sehun stormed in the room.

“Kris! You’ve been with Sunny sunbae?!” Xiumin exclaimed.

“Shh! Keep your voice down. It’s just for a while.” I told them.

“Ughh! I should’ve hung out with you more, hyung!” Sehun said.

“Did the two of you talked?” Suho asked.

“Yeah, a bit.” I smirked at him.

“Yah! You’re so lucky you get to talk to Sunny noona.” Kai said.

“I’m also very lucky I got to hold her hand.” I smiled at them.

“SHUT UP!!!” All of them said.

That night I’ve never been as happy as before. My roommates thought that I was inspired because of her. We were eating our dinner in our dorm. Once in a while I would laugh at myself as I recall some memories.

“Look who’s wonderstruck over here…” Xiumin said.

“Seriously Kris, you had to stop grinning over the noodles! It will get cold.” Luhan poked my head.

“Yah!” I said as I show them an irritated look, the Sunny way.

“Hah! Look who’s doing aegyo! Tsk tsk! The Aegyo Queen’s influenced our Wu Fan!” Xiumin exclaimed.

“Please stop it! I’m not doing anything!” I took my chopsticks and chowed down. I finished my meal immediately and opened the television to watch something.

I can hear my roommates still talking about me.

“I can’t believe our grumpy Kris would turn into something like that…” Luhan said.

“Yeah, he seemed not so hungry at all! Hahaha! Look, there are still some noodles.” Xiumin said.

“Sunny noona’s love is enough for him, I guess…” Luhan murmured.

“Haha! If you could see the look on his face! Our Kris is in love!” Xiumin exclaimed.

“Yeah… I can’t believe Sunny noona can break the ice in his heart.” Luhan said.

“I know, right! Before I thought that he couldn’t get over his past girlfriend. But now…”

If only they know that Sunny was my girlfriend… Am I really that happy? Over the years, I’ve been grumpy? Over the years… But everything is different before. The last time we talked. We had a problem. But now… Where is it? What happened? It’s as if she can’t remember anything at all…

 

a/n: It's been three years since they last talked. You know, the drama. Sunny got into the accident after the drama. "Until I saw my shadow move. I turned my head to see a blinding light." the blinding light pertains to the car's headlights, her shadow moved because of the light moving towards her. Sorry for the confusion!~