She left

Unbreak My Heart

 

Sunny

I felt the sunlight hitting my face. I opened my eyes and found that it is already morning. My body felt tired and fulfilled at the same time. I got up cautiously so as not to disturb Kris’s peaceful sleep. My legs felt wobbly as soon as I got up. I searched for my scattered clothes around the blood-stained bed. That’s when I recalled what happened last night. I thought I was dreaming. I brushed them off and put my clothes on. I kissed Kris’s forehead before I wiped the falling tears from my eyes.

I exited his room silently and found Xiumin lying on the sofa in the living room. Poor Baozi, he had to sleep outside because of me. I gathered my things that were left untouched by the couch. When I turned to exit their dorm, Luhan was gazing down at me.

“L-Luhan! You startled me!” I hissed.

“Going all too soon?” he asked. “Aren’t you going to say good bye to Kris first?”

“The girls must be looking for me. He’ll understand.” I said.

“You’re going to escape, aren’t you?” he asked.

“What are you talking about?” I stammered.

“I saw your plane tickets in your bag.” he then held the plane ticket that I bought the other day. “You’re leaving? Why?”

“It’s not your business, Luhan.” I said, grabbing the ticket from his hand and putting it safely back in my bag.

“Kris is doing his best to prevent you from leaving.” He said.

“If you were in my shoes, you’ll understand.” I said, walking past him.

“Nice ring you’ve got there.” He said. I looked at my right hand and looked at the ring. My heart broke when I realized that I shouldn’t be wearing it. I looked at him.

I took the ring off of my finger. “Please give this back to him.” I said to Luhan, handing him the ring and left their dorm at once without any more words.

When I got back to the dorm, the girls are still sleeping. I took a very quick shower and changed clothes. I silently took the things that I packed beforehand. No one will stop me right now. Find me all they want, I won’t be coming out. Making sure that I don’t look like Lee Sunny of Girls’ Generation, I took a taxi to the airport.

Clueless, I walked around the airport. Why am I here again? I looked down, seeing my passport, my visa, and my plane tickets. I’m going to LA. I sighed as I remembered. I sat down peacefully on my seat. My disguises were at its best this time. No one actually recognized me.

Tears flowed silently as I look out the window. This should be the last time I’ll be seeing South Korea. I should never come back. No one knew that I left at this time, except for Luhan. I would silently slip away from their lives. And Kris will not get hurt anymore. Wu Fan… Kris… What a peculiar name!

My eyes fluttered open as the engine of the airplane can be heard. My heart is beating so fast. I looked around and found many other faces. Where are my girls? Just then, I received a text message. It’s from my sister, Eunkyu.

Soonkyu-ah, I’ll be waiting for you at LAX, okay? Take care.

I calmed when I read my sister’s message. At least she’ll be there when I got off this plane. It feels so dangerous in here. Everyone’s so scary; as if I am not in the right place. I turned my phone off knowing that it won’t work anyway soon.

The plane took off and it was my last goodbye to Seoul. I looked down the window as the plane slowly got up. My eyes directed to a van that stopped by the entrance of the airport. Then came out a number of boys, rushing inside without any suitcases at all.

My heart leapt when I thought I saw a prince among those boys. He looked so gorgeous. But as I tried to stare more of him, the figure got smaller and smaller as the plane got higher and higher from the ground.

 

Kris

“Kris, is Sunny still there? She isn’t home yet.” Hyoyeon noona said through the phone.

“Ani, I think she left already. I woke up without her.” I said.

“Omona! Kris! She must’ve left Seoul!” Hyoyeon noona shouted.

I straightened up and hurriedly put on a coat. The boys knew something is wrong so they also got ready. Lay was the one who drove to the airport. The drive was anxious. My heart was beating very fast, at the same time I was praying to God. Please, let me be on time. When we got there, we found the other SNSD sunbaes.

“Sunny unnie is gone!” Yoona ran to us. Her eyes were red in tears. Luhan immediately approached her to give her a hug.

The other girls are crying but half of SNSD is missing. “Where are the others?” I asked Seohyun, who seem to be the most sane even though she had tears in her eyes, too.

“They are speaking with the supervisor… They are trying to confirm where Sunny unnie had gone to.” She said.

“Gomawo.” I said, and then looked for Taeyeon.

I ran around the airport and found Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Jessica and Tiffany immediately because of the crowd that circled them. They are talking with a person. Taeyeon is bursting in tears while Hyoyeon is trying to calm her down. Jessica and Tiffany were speaking intently with the person.

“Hyoyeon! What happened?” I asked Hyoyeon, who was also teary eyed.

“Sunny had left. The airplane has left already.” Hyoyeon said.

“Where to?” I asked.

“She went to LA. But we don’t know where she is going to stay.” Tiffany said. “LA is a vast country. She might get lost, or worse.”

“This is my entire fault! If I had taken that ticket from the beginning!” Taeyeon said, burying herself with more tears.

“Taengoo, don’t say that. Sunny will come back.” Jessica said.

“I will fetch her.” I said.

Then I ran away from them to buy ticket. Everything was so fast. My members are trying to stop me; as well as other Girls’ Generation members. Our managers suddenly came to the airport, too. And it was chaos. It was just 8:00 in the morning but there are already many people around.

“Kris, LA is very big! Trust us! Tiffany and I are already trying our best to contact our families so that they can find Sunny as soon as she gets off the plane.” Jessica told me in English.

“What if they fail!?” I shouted at Jessica. “What if she gets lost? What if she blacks out all of a sudden?! What if she woke up not remembering anymore?!?!” I asked everyone around me in English. Tears fell from my eyes. No one answered me.

“Please do shut up!” Tiffany shoved me away from Jessica. “You’re not the only one who’s hurting! You think we don’t care for Sunny?! You’re wrong! You’re not even helping!”

“Kris ge, please calm down. Please.” Tao finally spoke to me and I calmed down.

I walked away from the scene and find a spot where I could be perfectly at peace. But inside me, there is no peace. I realized that I was wrong. Tiffany and Jessica are right. I shouldn’t have acted like that. I was so stupid.

“My daddy is already going to LAX. He will be waiting for her.” Tiffany approached me after some time.

“Thank you, Tiffany.” I said. “And I’m sorry.”

“What for? It’s not me who was stung by your words. You should apologize to Jessica instead.” Then she left me.

I stood up and talked with my manager. I wanted to buy a ticket to LA. But they don’t want me to go. After a lot of talking, they finally let me buy a ticket. But they won’t let me leave today because of our activities. Meanwhile, Tiffany’s father will be there to look for her. As we go back to the dorm, we received an endless scolding from our manager. But I don’t care to every word he’s saying in the meantime. All I can think of is Sunny.

 

a/n: I'm sorry for the delay... The last two weeks had been so hectic. We had quizzes almost everyday! o.O gahhh. the coming week is our preliminary exams... Then it's not too long until it's finals!
And I can feel you guys wanting to kill me right now for making Sunny leave. ;~;