Eotteoke?

Unbreak My Heart

 

I asked Lay to call Hyoyeon sunbae. He had her number saved in his phone. He is a very lucky fanboy. I wanted to ask Hyoyeon sunbae about Soonkyu. What happened to her? Because the very thought that she cannot recall me is frustrating. It was hard to convince Hyoyeon sunbae to meet me. Maybe she doesn’t trust Lay at all. Or maybe she had schedules. Or maybe she’s simply just protecting her image.

“Annyeong haseyo, sunbae.” I bowed to the lady with sunglasses, scarf, and hat. We decided to meet in a coffee shop some blocks away from the SM Building. She had a cup of coffee already in her hand. She looks so professional.

“Annyeong haseyo, Kris Wu, friend of Lay. What do you want? Number? Autograph?” She lowered her sunglasses.

“Aniyo, sunbaenim. Since you are Sunny noona’s best friend, can I ask something about her?” I took my seat.

“What about her?” She took off her glasses.

“I wanted to ask if you know who her past love was. Oh, and don’t tell me Sungmin sunbae I because I know that he’s not.” I told her.

Hyoyeon sunbae looked at me from head to toe as she took a sip from her coffee. It’s as if she’s peering into my soul. Then, her eyes widened as if she found out something incredible.

“. Don’t tell me you are Wu Fan.” She finally said.

“I am Wu Fan.”

“You’re a lot handsome than her pictures! Woah! Lee Soo Man really knows which people would look good someday.... Do you have dark skin before? Wow, you’re really flawless now!” Hyoyeon sunbae sounded as if we just became closer than friends.

“Thank you sunbae. I wanted to ask what happened to her. Because, when we met yesterday in the practice room, she didn’t recognize me. It’s as if she’s gotten amnesia.”

She looked at me as she saw a ghost.

“Sunny had an accident back in 2008. Do you remember what happened in 2008?”

“Release of Kissing You? SHINee’s debut?”

“Before SHINee’s debut. Can you remember?”

“You guys judged us. The battle between the boys and the girls.”

“Indeed. That’s the time the both of you had a drama, right? After that, she told us to go back to the dorm without her because she wanted some time alone. It’s dark when texted me that she will walk back to the dorm all by herself in the dark. We don’t know what really happened, but a car hit her.”

“WHAT?!”

“I know, it sounds impossible, right? She only had few bruises and scars. Though the doctors said that she had damage in her brain, she seemed perfectly fine. She was able to release albums up to now. I thought it’s a miracle. Until you said that about yesterday. Clearly she couldn’t remember you…”

“Haven’t she mentioned me after her accident.”

“Now that you mentioned it, nope. I actually thought that she had already moved on!”

Then there’s silence between us. My heart is breaking into a thousand of pieces. I don’t know what to do. All of our memories together. All gone. The sweet memories we shared. Everything she told me. Everything I told her. Gone. A tear suddenly escaped my right eye. Hyoyeon sunbae noticed this and she pat my head.

“Don’t worry, Kris. I know she can recall few bits of her memories with you. Because she told me she’s seeing someone very tall in her dreams. She also told me that she had a vague memory about dancing with someone in her dreams. If you would help her recover her memories, it would be very much possible. But I’m afraid she’s not interested in relationships right now. She’s very focused on her career right now.”

“Isn’t she and Sungmin sunbae dating?”

“Aniyo… That’s what everyone’s thinking. But she doesn’t like him at all. She already dumped him two times. One in 2008. With her memories of you. One in 2010. Without you.”

“Do you think I should try to help her?”

“It’s up to you, actually. What do you think would happen if she suddenly discovers that she dated someone younger than her? What do you think would happen if she remembers everything else about her uncle? It’s going to be a chaos. Are you happier if all her sad and painful memories would come back? Do you think she would still love you? Picture this. What if we can help her recover her memories of you? But right now, she doesn’t feel the same way. It would be out of sympathy if she loves you once again.” Hyoyeon sunbae said. She had a very big point about that.

“I don’t know what to do.”

“Geez. Make her fall in love with you again.”

a/n: Hyoyeon is right, right?!