It takes time...

Unbreak My Heart

 

I don’t want to get up from bed today. My head hurts so much. And my nose feels so heavy. I can hear Taeyeon trying to wake me up right now. But, my body can’t move.

“Sunny, are you all right?” Taeyeon said.

But I can’t answer. I can’t even open my eyes. I felt Taeyeon touched my head and my neck. Her cold hand sent chills all over me. I hugged the pillow beside me closer and pulled my blanket over my head.

“My God, Sunny! You have a fever!” I heard Taeyeon say.

“That must be because of the rain yesterday.” I heard Hyoyeon’s voice in our room.

“Aigoo. This is bad. We had to record today.” Taeyeon said.

“Just ask manager to skip her parts. She can’t even stand up.” Hyoyeon said.

“Ne. I will.”

I heard the footsteps of the girls go out of the room. My eyes tried to open but everything is blurry. I end up shutting them once again. It is so cold… I have to record for the album… I had to stand up… But I can’t. My body feels so heavy.

Suddenly I felt someone dab towel onto my forehead. I opened my eyes again and found a blurry image of Hyoyeon.

“Drink this.” She gave me medicine and water. I managed to drink the medicine. I get back lying after that. “Oh, Soonkyu. We can’t tend to you. I called someone to take care of you while we’re not around. Take care, okay? Arasseo?” Hyoyeon said.

“Arasseo.” I managed to say before she gets up.

While I tried my best to be calm and sleep, I can feel the girls moving around the dorm, getting ready for the recording. Then, I heard unknown footsteps in the dorm. I can hear the girls talking to the unknown person. This must be the person who Hyoyeon called.

“Take good care of her, okay? We’re leaving.” I heard Taeyeon’s voice. I wanted to get up and go with them. But I can’t. . I hate getting sick. I’m so unable. I can’t even open my eyes. I end up falling into a slumber and dreamt…

I woke up, feeling a little better. At least my head doesn’t hurt anymore. But when I opened my eyes, it’s still blurry. Then someone went near me and replaced the towel on my forehead. The hand belongs to a man. I opened my eyes a little but I could not see clearly. But I’m certain that it’s Kris. His hand travelled down to my cheek and stayed there. When he was about to get up. My hand managed to get his hand.

“Kris. Kajima.” I managed.

Our hands were intertwined. And I felt safe. And I fell asleep again.

I opened my eyes. Finally. I can see clearly. But I still have fever, I guess. It’s still cold. I tried to get up and found a guy sleeping by my side, holding my hand.

“Luhan?” I moved. Then Luhan’s face was revealed when he looked up. I sat up and I found him hugging me so tight. “Luhan. Can’t breathe.”

“I’m sorry. This is my entire fault. If I had a larger umbrella yesterday…” he said, letting go of the hug.

“Ani! It’s not your fault.” I said.

“Are you hungry? You hadn’t had breakfast.”

“I think so… What time is it?”

“Ten minutes past twelve. Come, let’s make you some ramen.”

He pulled me up from the bed and we went to the kitchen. He let me sit down the table while he prepared me something to eat. While waiting, he gave me a tea to make me feel better. I drank the tea while thinking about what happened earlier.

Taeyeon and the girls were preparing for our recording. But I’m sick. They still went to the building. But Hyoyeon called someone to take care of me. It must be Luhan. But when I was in the bed… I saw Kris. But Kris is not around… Aigoo… I hope it was just a dream! What if it was Luhan and I called him Kris. Geez. Lee Soonkyu, you’re so careless!

Now it feels embarrassing. Luhan was the one looking after me all these time and I thought that it was Kris. Pabo! Tsk tsk! What will Luhan think of me now? Ugh. I want to punch myself in the face for this.

“Are you all right?” Luhan said as he set a bowl of ramen before me.

“Wae?” I asked as I feast my eyes on my meal.

“You seem to be thinking so deep.” He set another bowl of ramen for himself.

“Ah. Nothing.”

“Enjoy your meal!”

“Gomawo!” I said. I looked at my meal again. “Waaaahhh…” This looks so delicious.

Luhan gave me chopsticks. When I tasted my first serving, my eyes lit up. It’s so delicious that I feel so much better. While I ate my fill, I tried not to sound so awkward. But I managed and we had a wonderful day together.

After we ate, we thought of playing a board game. Yuri had a Monopoly in her bedroom so I took it and we played in the living room on the floor. Luhan played as the banker. We talked a lot while playing. But even though we talked about other things, my thoughts still played on what happened earlier.

“Luhan, I’m sorry if I accidentally called you Kris.” I said, choosing my words carefully.

“It’s all right. Moving on takes time.” He smiled to me.

“I’m glad you understand.” I said.

“Pay attention to our game, noona! You’ll lose.” He said. I looked at the board and rolled the dice. Unfortunately, I landed on his lot. And I had to pay.

“Aish!”

“Anyway, noona. Have you thought about what I asked yesterday?” he asked me.

“I haven’t.”

“Aigoo… Okay then. If you win this game, I won’t court you. But if I do, it means yes.”

“That’s not fair!”

“It’s oddly fair to me. So, deal?”

“Deal. You’re betting against the Queen of Gamers.”

“We’ll see.”

I focused on the game. But, Miss Fortune isn’t on my side right now. It seems that Luhan is getting what he wants. Soon it came to a point that I had gone bankrupt. And all my properties are mortgaged already.

“Miss Lee, it seems that you have gone bankrupt again. How are you going to pay now?” Luhan smirked.

“Mister Xi! You’re messing with the wrong person!” I stood up.

“What are you going to do now?” he stood up, too.

I gave him a serious look. I walked up to him. And poked his cheek. I laughed then ran away.

“Yah!” I heard him say before running after me. I ran to the bedroom and was about to close the door when Luhan slipped in. Then, he started tickling me in my sides. The room filled with our laughter. When he stopped, it’s my turn. It took me a while to find where it tickles the most.

We stopped while catching our breath. Both of us are gasping for air.

Then, he held my hand.

“Lee Sunny, I’m going to make you happy. Arasseo?”

“Arasseo.” I said.

He pinched my cheek before we settled in the living room to wait for my girls.