Unbreak her heart

Unbreak My Heart

 

Inhale, exhale. I glanced nervously at the clock. 2 hours left until the show starts. I just received a call from Kris, saying that he’s flying to China right now and he can’t emcee today. Bvll! This will be the first time that I’ll be emceeing by myself. Of all dates, why can’t his manager just vacate all his Saturdays? And why didn’t I know of it? Why didn’t MBC hire a proxy? Tsk! I looked at myself again at the mirror. Inhale, exhale. Lee Sunny, you are beautiful. My hair is longer now. Many fans liked it. I guess they missed my long hair. Thinking about it, I look more beautiful in longer hair.

“Sunny, you can go now. We found a replacement for Kris and you.” The director suddenly appeared by the door. But he left just as he said those words. Part of me was happy; of course it meant free time. But part of me was furious. So if Kris didn’t make it, I shouldn’t emcee at all?

“Unnie, can I go now?” I asked an unnie who just entered the backstage.

“Yes. Your manager is waiting for you.” She said.

“Oh? Gomawo!” I bowed to her and to everyone else before rushing out of the building.

“Manager-sshi!” I waved to my manager by the exit. But he does not seem to be in a good mood.

“Hurry up. You have to be in Jeju in two hours.”

“What?!” My manager pushed me to the car waiting for us. He sat in the front with the driver.

“Why?” I said as I fix myself.

“Your uncle signed a contract for a photoshoot.”

“Are the girls already there?”

“No. Only you.”

Only me?! What is it for that uncle can’t decline it?”

“Vera Wang.”

Vera Wang. I heard it before… But I can’t remember where and when. But before I could ask what it was, he said, “Wedding dress. They have a shop in Gangnam. You must have heard about it.”

“Oh. Right… Me?! Why me? Why not Yoona or Yuri? Or Seohyun?”

“The others are not available. Besides, the designer asked for you herself.”

“Me? I am not even a model material.”

“Just shut up.” Manager oppa hissed. He is clearly pissed off right now.

We arrived at Gimpo airport after 30 minutes. Everything passed by so fast that suddenly, I am boarding a plane to Jeju all by myself. I am alone, once again. I sighed. My manager didn’t even give me some pocket money for allowance. He just gave me a number to contact, the address of the place, and the name of the director.

A man was waiting for me as soon as I got off the plane. He said he is a bodyguard hired by my uncle. Because of my shades, I didn’t get a clearer view of him, but I think he is also familiar. Why do uncle’s bodyguards seem so familiar to me? I cleared off my thoughts. The bodyguard drove me to the place.

This is uncle’s beach villa. I remember running around the place when I was younger. Uncle had a beautiful garden at the back, with a big open space with different flowers lining the perimeter. There was a low stone fence separating the garden from the beach itself. I remember when I was younger; I would watch the sun set over the sea when it was summer. It would be so fascinating to watch, and it gives me a wonderful feeling.

I would check it out later after the photoshoot. The bodyguard stopped by the gate. The front yard is twice as big as the backyard. However, the backyard is big enough to house another building. Sometimes I thought about my uncle’s future. What would he do with such big piece of fortune when he gets old? This villa could even house our whole clan or more. “Thank you.” I mumbled before stepping out of the car.

Passing the open gate, I made my way through the pathway cobbled with stone across the lawn. When I was younger, this path used to be a simple soil. This villa of my uncle surely brings good memories. I remember when I was still a kid, my Jinkyu unnie told me that this land was originally bought our father, but he sold it to our uncle for financial purposes.

I couldn’t express more how beautiful my uncle’s villa is. I entered the front wooden door, opened widely for me. “Annyeong haseyo! Sonyeo Shidae Sunny imnida!” I bowed politely to the first person I saw. He greeted me back and figured out that he was the director. We talked about the project and he apologized for the rush. I told him that it’s all right. The director also told me that Kris would be my partner, but it seems that he would be late. I told him that Kris flew to China this morning for a performance. He said that he knows about it and they already contacted Kris.

Gingerly, I sat onto the chair that the hair dresser artist pulled out for me. I imagined that this will be the day that I always anticipated. What I didn’t understand, was why would the designer choose Kris and I? I admit that people loved us as a couple. But isn’t she in right mind to choose two not yet married idols? Is she teasing, or what? Besides, Kris and I wouldn’t look good on pictures because of our height differences. Moreover, I don’t understand why everything is so sudden.

We are in one of the rooms in the villa with big windows looking out the sea. I thought about a lot of things while the hairdresser did me. I am also anticipating Kris’s arrival. With every footstep I heard outside, I asked the make-up artist to check if Kris had arrived, only to come back with no news.

After my hair and make-up was done, I stared at the goddess in front of me. She is so beautiful. Such beauty that I haven’t seen in my whole life. A beauty I haven’t seen in me. I can’t believe that it is actually me.

“Unnie, I look so beautiful! Is this really required?” I asked the make-up artist.

“Of course, honey.” She only said.

Soon I was directed to the dress that I will wear. I gazed in awe at the beautifully made gown. It was the same gown that I saw with Seohyun. It was so beautiful. In fact, it is too beautiful for me. I tried it on. Much to my surprise, the wedding dress fit perfectly on me, as if it was really made for me.

“Unnie, this is too much! I look too beautiful; as if I’m about to get married!”

“The designer chose you, honey. It is really made for you!”

I sighed. Oh, how I wished that I was getting married for real. I smoothed my palm over my waist down to my hips, feeling the soft texture of the white silk hugging my body. I wonder how they got the right size for me. Usually, our clothes would be customized for them to fit us perfectly. This wedding dress hugs my body flawlessly, revealing the iest of me.

The dress reached my ankle without the shoes on. Another staff came in with white closed shoes with heels three inches long. Again, to my surprise, it also fit perfectly. I’m guessing they asked my members what is my foot size. I was about to check the shoe because something is troubling me.

“If you are ready, just go to the backyard, we are about to start.” The director appeared by the door.

“Has Kris arrived yet?” I asked.

“No. But we should start soon so that we can finish earlier.”

The director left the room, as well as the make-up artists. I looked at myself once more at the mirror. My hair was tied in a ponytail. My untrimmed bangs were swept on one side. The ends of my hair were curled and rested on my right side. Gods must be crazy, Lee Soonkyu! You are so damn beautiful tonight. I looked outside, it is almost sunset. Suddenly I felt like someone is watching me. It was suddenly painfully too quiet.

I exited the room and I found myself lonely in my uncle’s wood panelled living. The sun’s orange rays glowed through the big glass windows. I faced the door going to the backyard. It was closed. But even if it was closed, I should be hearing the director and the staff.

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands ran over my waist. I gasped. I was about to turn around but the hands hugged my waist tighter, causing my back to press firmly on his body.

“Kris…” Even if I’m not facing him, I could still breathe in his familiar scent.

“Shh…” he whispered in my ear. “Don’t look at me. It’s bad luck.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked in confusion.

“Don’t worry. My eyes were blindfolded.” He said.

His left hand still pressed tightly around me while his right hand moved. I waited, for a while, admiring the fact that I am in Kris’s arms right now, without anybody else looking. We are all alone in uncle’s villa. I don’t know where the staff had gone, but one thing is for sure. Something is up.

His left hand then reached for my left hand. Then he made my palm face the ceiling. “What are you doing?” I was about to ask jokingly but a sob came out along with the words. He put something small and familiar on my left hand. I looked at it, and then my tears flowed down my cheeks.

“Noona.” He said. “I never wanted to call you noona, even though I get jealous of my fellow EXO members calling you noona.”

“Kris—” he hushed me.

“You asked me before, if I truly love you. I can’t answer you because… I wanted to show you how much I truly love you.”

Silence.

“Lee Soonkyu, I never wanted to call you noona because I want to call you yeobo. Lee Soonkyu, today, I will show you how much I love you. If ever you lose your memories, can I be at your side to repeat those memories to you? Lee Soonkyu, will you be my Mrs. Wu?”

“Kris…” tears of joy fell from my eyes like Niagara Falls. “Oh, Kris!” I laughed a little as I recall the difference of how he proposed back in 2012 and now. He’s waiting for my answer. “Yes! Yes, Kris, I will be your Mrs. Wu!”

“Don’t cry, now, okay?” he handed me a handkerchief. “Close your eyes.”

“Wae?” I felt his hands slowly pull away from me. “Where are you going?” I stopped his hands.

“Close your eyes now. I’ll be here, I promise.” He said. I slowly let go of his hands which continued leaving my body.

I closed my eyes. I counted up to three as soon as his hands left my waist. Hana… Dul… Set. I opened my eyes, turned around and found my daddy smiling to me.

“Appa!” I exclaimed as I hug my father. “Appa, since when you arrived from Kuwait?”

“My Soonkyu, you’re so grown up now. Time fled so fast that you’re getting married now. I never even imagined this would be coming to my youngest daughter. You were such a boy before. How come you’re grown so beautifully?”

“Appa…” I playfully hit his arm.

While my hand was linked with my father’s arm, we marched to the wedding arch in the far centre of the backyard. Smiling, beautiful faces were looking at me. My friends, my high school classmates, the people I worked with, my f(x) and SHINee hoobaes, my Super Junior oppas, my sunbaes, my family, my EXO boys, my SNSD, my best manSungmin oppa... My giant groom. My third-time boyfriend due to a lot of break-ups. My ’90 liner giant. My King without aegyo. My tallest EXO boy. My Chinese heartbreaker. My Wu Yifan. My Kris.

Tears were shed as the ceremony took place. But in spite of those tears, are the beautiful smiles painted on each and everyone’s faces. After the vow was exchanged, it was our time to share our kiss. Kris leaned in; I closed my eyes, anticipating as if we hadn’t shared a kiss before. The light from the setting sun between us was blocked by our faces meeting each other. His lips landed on mine. As cliché as it may seem in this story of us, it was the sweetest kiss we ever shared. It was short yet unreserved—just the way I like it. We turned to the clapping witnesses to our exchange of vows. I found their happy faces smiling to us. It is official now. I am Wu Soonkyu.

After all the guests are gone, my uncle said that we could stay in the villa for as long as two weeks. Our other group members will go on with the scheduled activities while ours are cleared. He said that the marriage won’t be released to the public until we come back to Seoul. Meanwhile, he would keep the beach villa private until we get out of here.

“Is this real?” I asked him. He laughed at me. We are cuddling on the bed, exchanging butterfly kisses as we talked and laughed.

“Don’t you want this?” he asked, before his lips landed again on mine.

“It feels so… surreal…” I said in between the kisses he showered me.

“You are mine forever…” he said. He whispered on my ear before the lobe.

His hand s across my tummy to the curve of my waist, preparing himself to straddle me. Before I get drowned by his hot touches and kisses, I pushed him. “Yah!”

“Wae?!”

“You still have some explaining to do!”

“What?”

“How dare you do this without me knowing?”

“Your excuses are lame.” He whispered seductively on my ears. His hot breath sends shiver down my spine. Unknowingly, my hands rested on his nape as he hovered over me, overwhelming me with endless, hot, and tender kisses.

“I hate you.” I tried pushing him, but it’s not working.

“Wae?” He asked, while ing his polo.

“Y-You tricked me!” I stuttered while watching him. He’s so y right now. He caught me looking at his chest. He smirked. Blood rushed up to my cheeks knowingly. I turned my head away, feeling the heat on my cheeks. “Y-Yah!” I was aiming for his shoulders but my hands landed on his bare chest.

“How did I trick you?” He asked, leaning more, our faces so closed to each other.

“How did you know that I would say yes? Don’t you know that I’m planning on breaking up with you again?”

“Wae?” He straightened up, I thought he would get off me. Instead, he took off his polo completely, letting me see him half-.

“You broke my heart!” I shut my eyes. I can’t concentrate when he’s being so y like this.

“Really? Then. Let me unbreak it right now.” I felt his hands cupped my face, and he’s kissing me again. My hands tugged onto his arms, which was not a good idea. He caught them and pinned them above my head. He continued kissing me, as I started responding to his kisses.

Just when I was starting to heat up, he pulled out, and then he lied beside me. “Wae?!” I looked at him in distress. He just looked at me as if nothing happened.

“I’m tired.” He yawned, I yawned, too. It’s contagious.

“Idiot.” I mumbled. I brushed the tear formed by my yawning. I get off the bed and looked for a proper sleeping wear. I went to the bathroom, and found a bag resting on the sink. I noticed it immediately because it was my bag of course. There’s a note beside it.

Sunny-ah, I don’t know what will make Kris go crazy, but we think that you will look so y in these. Good luck! – TY, Hyo, Jessi, Tiff ♥

PS. Tell us the dirty details. – J

PPS. You might as well record a vid for us. Thanks! xox – TY

I crumpled the note and tossed it somewhere. I opened the bag and found my lingerie. I can easily make out which are mine and which are newly bought. How did they found these? I bit my lip while looking at the contents of the bag. Nothing is proper for sleeping. All I found were pairs of underwear and a couple of bikinis. No nightgowns or pyjamas.

I ended up coming back to the bedroom with a pair of red lacy intimate apparel. I found Kris sleeping already so I don’t have to cover myself. Why didn’t they put nightgowns instead? White curtains signalled that the windows are opened, letting the cold wind in. I sighed, making my way across the room to close it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t reach the lower sash so I had to lean on the window sill.

I can almost reach it when a warm hand rested on my waist. I look at the beholder and found my lovely husband shutting the window. I stared at his beautiful face which shone as the moons light washed over him. His face is so perfect. He is literally an angel sent from the above. How could I be even worthy being your wife?

“W-Wae?”

“I can’t let my wife fall, can I?” I blushed at his words. I was still contemplating whether I am truly his wife now and he gives me butterflies in my stomach.

“Are you doubting my height?” I tried to sound natural by initiating these infamous height issues.

“Are you trying to seduce me?” He asked, his eyes wandering from my eyes down to my prestigious body parts.

“Yah! I am not!” Realizing that I’m only covered with small pieces of clothing, I hid myself in the curtain. I blushed madly while Kris watched me.

“Whatever.” He said, climbing on the bed again.

“Yah! You’re sleeping?!”

“Ani. I’m waiting for you to come out.”

“Wae?!”

“So we can sleep.”

“Mwo?”

“Aren’t you going to join me here?”

“I-I will! Just. Don’t look.”

“Okay.” He sighed then he closed his eyes.

I quickly tiptoed to the other side of the bed and joined him under the covers. When I was comfortably settled, he turned around to face me.

“Let’s sleep now.” I whispered.

“Let’s sleep…” his arms wrapped around me and pulled me closer. “Let’s sleep later.” He whispered on my ear.

It was quick. He pushed the warm coverings out of the way and got on top of me. He started kissing me passionately which I repaid with eagerness. My hands roamed all over his back as we kissed each other with more passion and romance by the moment. We were lost in love as our kisses grew hotter. I couldn’t think any more as my mind focused on the pleasure Kris is radiating.

The yellow light glowed on our skin, making our beads of sweat glisten. Our tensed bodies relaxed after our love making, our bodies on the warm bed. Chests heaved up and down as we took deep breaths. We stared at each other, before laughing together. It was a fun and romantic adventure. He turned to face me. I snuggled closer to him, burying my head on his lean chest.

“Let’s sleep now.” I said while yawning.

Kris pulled the coverings. His hand rested on the curve of my waist. I felt him kiss the top of my head before we drift on to dreamland.

a/n: I hope you like it! :)