Their first and last kisses in 2007.

Unbreak My Heart

 

Kris

Soonkyu and I always hung out, since we train together. And she’s my first friend here in SM Academy. She is pretty. And she does too much aegyo. Sometimes I did aegyo because of her. And she would laugh at me because I need more practice. She doesn’t like her name, though. That’s why she asked everybody to call her Sunny instead. She is very talented. She can sing and dance very well. She teaches me Korean sometimes. She told me I should speak to her in Korean always. It improved me a lot. Though, there is one thing that hindrances our friendship. It’s our height differences. I’m too tall for her. She’s too short for me. But I don’t really care. For three months she has been my friend.

One night, I can’t fall asleep. Wearing just a t-shirt and shorts, I walked around the practice rooms to kill some time. When I got there, I saw her. She’s practicing so hard. The practice room is dimly lit. The music isn’t really loud. But I can’t help stare at her. She’s just too amazing. She’s wearing a really tight top drenched in the heat she’s making and very short shorts that showed her smooth short legs. This is the first time I saw her so hot. She's always cute and adorable. But. This is different. I entered the practice room silently. But she got me.

“Kris! You startled me!” she said.

“I’m sorry! I couldn’t sleep. And I thought I could kill some time here. And I saw you.”

“You know how to dance Tango?” she asked as she approached me.

“No. Why?” I asked.

“Dance with me.” She took my hand and we got in the center of the room.

“But I don’t know how!” I protested.

“I’ll teach you.” She winked at me.

Then a song for Tango played in the room. And we danced. Certainly I do not have a future for Tango. Once in a while I will mess it up. Once in a while she will laugh at me. I can’t help but smile at her and go with her laughs. She’s too wonderful for me. She dances so gracefully and so fiercely. I’m afraid that I might disappoint her. I can’t handle the pressure she’s giving me. All these body contacts we’re making. I need to remind myself not to dance Tango in the future with anyone at all.

“Hold me tight and dip.” She told me. She raised her left leg; bent along my waists. Slowly, I did as she told me. When we got back to the starting position, I can’t seem to take her hands off of mine. I wanted to kiss her. I know she can feel the same way, too. My left arm pulled her gently to me. She’s looking straight in my eyes. Slowly, I closed the distance between our faces. Until I can feel her hot breaths.

“Kris…” she whispered my name. And I closed the gap between our lips.

As I released her, I expected that she will slap me or maybe punch me. But she didn't. Instead, she get all her belongings, took my hand, and we walked back to our dormitory. And that was the time I realized that I have been in love with her for three months already.

 

Sunny

I knew someday we had to stop it. Even if we debut, we will not get the freedom we want between us. SM Entertainment forbids romance between their idols. My uncle found out that I was his niece. One day we had this test to pass. He himself went there to watch our progress. The next day, it was all over the news. Our instructor said that I am potentially going to debut with a nine-member group on August. He said that I’ll need to train with them from now on. I knew this was coming.

I knock on his door several times before someone he opens up. I took him to my most favourite place in Seoul. I took him to the Han River.

“I am going to debut in August.” I told him.

“I already figured that one out. I am really happy for you.” he smiled at me.

“They said I need to train with them from starting tomorrow. I am afraid we won’t be meeting that often than before.”

“It is all right for me.” He held my hand. He showed me that he really mean it.

“When I debut, everything will not be the same. We may never see each other again.” Tears started to form in my eyes.

“That is the reason you came here, right? If that’s the case, I understand. You didn’t come here for me.” He said as he held my chin. “Don’t you cry, okay? You should do well. It will make me happy.” He brushed the tear from my cheeks with his thumb.

"Kris, I wanted to stay longer." I told him.

"When I debut, we will go to SMTown concerts together. We will have lots of time together. Maybe we will have a variety show together. Don't you worry, okay? For now, enjoy the life of a star. As I will work hard to debut."

I nodded. He kissed me. “Promise me, Kris. Promise me you’ll debut soon.”

“I promise.” He kissed me one more time.

That night was our last night together. The next day, I met my new group. But Kris and I didn't see each other again. Our breaks are all simultaeneous. After our practice, I am totally tired. This kind of practice is different. And much, much, harder. As a result, I would go straight to our dorm and rest. I never had the time to see him. Ever again. And it hurts. Because I never told him that I love him before I debuted.