But of course he still loves her

Unbreak My Heart

 

“Of course I still love her.” I said.

“If you still love her, you shouldn’t give up on her.” Luhan told me.

I walked out of the room. I left the building, I left the party for us. I wanted to get fresh air. Why don’t they understand? We aren’t meant to be together. We are not made for each other. We are star-crossed lovers. We will only get hurt sooner or later if we didn’t stop this.

My tears are about to drop when I saw a familiar figure lying on the ground. Short blonde hair, short legs, the only one who wore a blue jacket earlier. I quickly ran to her.

“Soonkyu!” I shaked her but she’s not moving. I touched her face and she has a high fever. Cold sweat is starting to form on her forehead. I carried her bridal style. I started walking to our dorm since I don’t know where SNSD’s dorm is.

I was half running when I felt her moving. I looked at her and her eyes were half opened.

“I love you Kris.” She croaked and her eyes closed once again.

Once we’re in the dorm, I settled her on my bed. I quickly grabbed a towel and basin. I filled the basin with water. I soaked the towel with water and squeezed it. I put it on her forehead. I was trying to wake her up for a long time until I figured out that it’s useless. I scanned my phone for Hyoyeon sunbae’s number.

The number you dialled is busy at the moment.

I dialled Luhan’s number.

“Kris?”

“Gege, are you still in the party?” I asked.

“Yeah. But everyone’s preparing to leave now.” He said.

“Is Hyoyeon sunbae still there? I need to talk to her. Or any SNSD sunbae.”

“Taeyeon sunbae is here.”

“Hello?” the voice of Taeyeon sunbae sent chills to my bones. I gulped.

“Taeyeon sunbae, it's Soonkyu. I mean. I found Sunny sunbae on the streets. She has a fever. I took her in EXO’s dorm.”

“WHAT?! I’LL GO THERE IN A MINUTE. MAKE SURE SUNNY’S SAFE.” Taeyeon sunbae said and she hung up.

I waited. I held her hand. I prayed. This is all my fault. She has changed a lot ever since that day. She called me, sent me text messages, but I didn’t replied on any of those. One day she stopped trying to talk to me. But I can see her sadness behind the smiles she gave on screen. I know deep inside that pain and sadness had filled her heart. It’s as if the sunshine has left her. Everytime I see her in the building, she wouldn’t be smiling to those who greeted her. She would simply reply a nod to them. She is no longer the person I knew. I changed her. This is all my fault.

I’ve waited so long for Taeyeon sunbae and the boys. What’s taking them so long? I had changed the towel on her forehead for two times now. I proceeded blaming myself for all of these things that’s happening to her.

Because you’re a coward, Wu Fan. You can’t even face this problem of yours. You just simply let the sequences take her away. You’re a bad boyfriend. A bad person. You’re a chicken. A quitter. A weakling. A deserter. A runaway. How could I ever forgive myself for hurting her?

I felt her move.

“Are you all right?” I hugged her instantly. I don’t want to let her go again. But it’s not possible. She cleared . “I found you in the streets.”

“Where am I?” she asked.

“In EXO’s dorm. It’s good thing I found you. You’re having a fever.”

“What time is it? Oh no. The girls.”

“They already know. And they’re coming to fetch you.” He said.

“Kris, I’m sorry for the trouble.” I said.

You are never a trouble to me, Soonkyu. “I did what was right.”

I gave her medicine and a glass of water. I let her sit on the sofa. And we waited in silence for Taeyeon sunbae. Soon, the boys along with Taeyeon sunbae, Jessica sunbae, and Hyoyeon sunbae came.

“We were caught in traffic. I’m sorry.” Taeyeon sunbae said. “And thank you.” She bowed to me.

“It's all right, sunbae.” I bowed to her.

“We’re very sorry for the trouble, Kris. You have my eternal gratitude. Lots of things could happen in the streets! We’re so lucky that you are there. Thank you.” Their manager shook my hand.

“Thank you, Kris.” She bowed to me.

“You’re most welcome, Sunny sunbae.” I bowed to her.

And they left.

 

It’s the last time we had been together. I focused more on my career. As she focused more on her career, too. We have never contacted each other. We have never tried to talk to each other. Since EXO debuted, she had distanced herself from me. We have SMTown concerts together. We are so close, yet so far away. Ironic, isn’t it? We both wanted to be with each other. We have our chances to be together but we didn’t try to be with each other.

It’s another SMTown concert. Like every SMTown concerts, I had waited and anticipated for this. Not only because our fans will be there, but of course, my Sunny will be there. Seeing her is enough for me. Seeing her happy would also make me happy.

I wanted to talk to her, even for a second. Just an exchange of hello’s would do. Her hair has grown longer right now. Ever since The Boys, I’ve been missing her long dark brown hair. Right now, I wanted to walk up to her and just say hello. She’s just standing there in the same stage with me. If I could only have the courage to do so. But I can’t. I just can’t. She’s just standing there, waving to the fans, occasionally giving them heart signs. She’s always so sweet to her fans. She’s always sweet to everyone.

“You should go to her.” someone spoke to me. I turned to the speaker. It was Sungmin sunbae. “Don’t just stand there.” He said.

I blinked a couple of times.

“If you love her, tell her.” Sungmin sunbae smiled at me. “She doesn’t like not knowing anything.”

I don’t know what’s with him. We are supposed to be rivals. Is he giving her already to me? Why does he seem friendly to me?

“You’re just hurting her, Kris. Get your mind straight.” He told me before he goes to her.

She was with some of her members. Then Sungmin sunbae playfully held his white flag in her face. Then he ran away, she wasn’t able to get even. She was grinning when she turned back to her members. She looked so happy. It hurts to think that I wasn’t able to make her smile anymore. It pains me to think that someone else had replaced me in her heart.