Promise me you'll fight

Unbreak My Heart

 

As soon as we got off the plane, Taeyeon and Suho came rushing to us. “Sunny-ah!” she hugged me tightly. Then she hugged Kris, too, as Suho hugged me, too. Then she turned back to me. “God, Sunny! What were you thinking?! We were all worried about you!” she said, while pinching both of my cheeks. I can see unshed tears in her eyes.

“I know, Taengoo-yah. I’m sorry.” I said while massaging my cheeks. “Where is manager oppa? I thought he will—”

“I wanted to fetch you so I begged him.” Then she looked at Suho beside her and they both laughed.

“Are you guys dating?” I asked them.

“Aniyo, it’s not like that!” they both said simultaneously.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Kris. We smiled at each other, but there is something in Kris’ eyes that makes me think that he knows something. Just then, they took our bags and we walked our way through the airport, full of paparazzi and fans, and outside EXO’s van was waiting for us.

EXO’s manager oppa was driving. Suho sat in the front. Taeyeon sat in the middle. Kris and I sat in the back. Kris’s arm hung over my shoulder as we sat. Taeyeon handed me some papers for me to read. I was shocked when I took them. They are contracts from different variety shows waiting to be signed by me and Kris. “Looks like it is SunKris Shidae, Sunny-ah.” Taeyeon smirked.

“SunKris?”

“That’s what the fans called you two. Don’t tell me you don’t know that?”

“I know. But, I was away only for a couple of days and now I’ve got these? MBC We Got Married, MBC Music Core MCing, and KBS Hello Baby? EXOSun Edition?”

“Your uncle said you only have to choose one of them. No big deal. Besides, they already filtered the list. I saw a drama from SBS but your uncle doesn’t like it.” Taeyeon said.

“I’m not doing any—”

“I like to MC.” Kris said. I looked at him. His face is drop dead gorgeously serious. “Let’s do MCing together. Since TaeTiSeo’s days were over.” He smiled.

“Yah!” Taeyeon suddenly shouted.

“Mianhae noona. But as you said, it is SunKris Shidae.” Kris said.

“Kris, I’m not doing any of this.” I said.

“Then I’ll sign for Hello Baby.” He told me, but everyone else heard it.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Why don’t you choose We Got Married instead?” Suho said. We all turned our heads to him. “Well, you will want to choose the least hassle of all. MCing is hassle. Taking care of a baby is hassle. But you were used to being lovey dovey to each other now. We Got Married will not be hard on you.”

“I’ll do We Got Married.”

“And get married to another woman? I forbid you!”

“You sign it, too, pabo!”

“Let’s just be MC then.”

“You don’t want to get married?”

“I thought you like to be an MC?”

“Ayo Sunny, Manager oppa just texted me that you will also guest on different shows for the week.” Taeyeon suddenly said. “As of now. He said there’s also radio guesting, currently pending.”

“WHAT?!”

“Yeah, you were invited and I guess Manager oppa agreed.” She explained. “He said he dropped it off at the dorm just now.”

“I hate this life. Thanks to you, Yifan.” I scowled at him but he smiled at me, revealing his gums.

I remained silent through the whole ride, not wanting to take notice of everything Kris does to get my attention. I wanted some peace of mind. They dropped us off the dorm. The girls were all happy to see me. After all the greetings and I miss you’s, it’s finally my time to say good-bye to Kris.

“Don’t worry about it.” He said, and then he wraps his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead. “You have me.” My face quickly reddened at his words. Oh my God, he never fails to make me feel like this.

“I know… It’s just that I’m not used to this.” I tightened the hug; I inhaled his scent.

I pulled out and faced him and he just stared at me. He looks deep in my eyes as if he’s peering into my soul. But no one can read me well. “What this?” he asked.

“Attention. Maybe.” He looked at me as if he’s not surprised. I was about to explain but he cut me off.

“You’re not used to get so much attention, being the Jack of all trades. You are good in everything. But that’s just it. You can never be the best in anything. You can’t be a Queen—”

“I am Aegyo Queen.”

“But you never liked to be called that.” He stopped, looked at me. He found a pair of puppy eyes before him. He looked away as he smiled. “Even your aegyo is the best in the world, I know that you don’t actually like that name.”

“Where does this conversation is going?” I asked. I thought he won’t be able to read me, but I was wrong. He read me perfectly.

“My point is, you don’t have to care about what others will think of you. About us. Don’t mind the attention; let’s just do the best we can. The problem with you is that you think more about how others will see you. And you tend to be good in everything so that everyone can see you.”

“If this is about running away, I’m sorry. I feel stupid for running away. I’m sorry, okay?”

He chuckled. “This is not about you running away! What a lame excuse was that!”

“Can we talk later?” I asked. I wanted to end this conversation as much as I wanted him to stay longer.

“I love you, Sunny. And I want the best for you. You have me, all right?” He said, with one hand on my shoulder. He smiled when I nodded. “Think about it. I’m still hoping we could be MCs.”

I bid him good-bye. He cupped my face and he leaned in for a kiss. The phrase, ‘he took my breath away’ was overly used nowadays. Although it is cliché, Kris literally took my breath away as he pulled out.

“Good-bye.” He finally said. He got inside the van; Suho and Kris waved their hands to me. I waved back. I turned around as the vehicle disappeared out of my sight. Sooyoung crossed her arms and it was time my girls confront me. I also think it is about time they knew about my sickness.

Since everyone was present, I decided to tell them everything. We all gathered in the living room, seated in a big circle. I told them everything. Starting from the accident, up to my experience in America. I started tearing up halfway my story. By the end, everyone was crying, too. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon already knew everything but still they shed tears.

“Why you never told us?” It was Seohyun who was the first to speak.

“I thought I could do it by myself. I don’t want to bother you guys. I love you guys so much that I don’t want you to feel bad about me.” I smiled bitterly.

“But we feel bad if you don’t trust us.” It was Jessica.

“I know. I thought wrong.”

Silence.

“No wonder Kris was so mad back there at the airport. He’s really breaking down.” Tiffany suddenly said.

“Kris?”

“Yeah. And we were all there, clueless about what Kris is saying.” Yuri commented. As if on cue, we all laughed.

“Unnie, don’t do that again. Your boyfriend is scary.” Seohyun said, while the others nodded in response.

“Yah, yah! Enough of the drama! Let’s partehhh!” Sooyoung suddenly stood up while brushing her tears away.

“Yeah! Let’s party! We were all energy-drained without our energy pill.” Tiffany said.

Jessica hung one arm over me. “Welcome back, Sunny-ah!” then she pinched my cheeks.

The maknaes were in charge of the foods and drinks. The others invited some close friends while I unpack my belongings with Hyoyeon. The party started before the sun sets but it had to end before midnight because some of us have schedules for tomorrow. Sungmin oppa came along with Kyuhyun oppa and Kangin oppa. Good thing Eunhyuk oppa didn’t came, because clearly Hyoyeon wasn’t in the mood yet. Krystal and Amber came, too. And Key stayed only until dinner. Hyomin to my surprise came, too. She got my texts after all.

The party was just a small gathering with friends, drinks here and there. It was a good night to have some fun. It was a bit sad that we can’t party until it is morning, but at least we had a fun night with friends.

When I woke up thank God I didn’t have a hangover. But the problem is that I woke up too early. I checked my phone and I received 12 missed calls by my Kris overnight! I was still tired and sleepy but I called him either way. He picked up the phone on the first ring. “Why aren’t you answering my calls?!” his voice boomed from the phone, as I got up from the bed.

“Aww, did I destroy your beauty rest?” I said through the line.

“I was worried. Where were you?”

“There was a party here in the dorm last night. We’re celebrating my arrival. You know, the usual stuff. With close friends…”

“Friends?” He asked through the line. I’m sure that he wasn’t happy with the idea.

“Ne. Kyuhyun oppa, Sungmin oppa, Amber, Kryst—”

“Sungmin sunbae?” He asked.

“Neh, Sungmin oppa. Waeyo?” I emphasized the oppa for him.

“Sungmin sunbae?!”

“Neh. We had so much fun last night.” I chuckled. It was so fun teasing him!

“Yeah? What happened?”

“Oh? Is that jealousy I can smell?” I walked across the room, carefully so that Taeyeon won’t wake up.

“Sunny, what is your schedule for to— ?”

“Ahhhhhh!” I shrieked when Hyomin’s head suddenly appeared when I opened the door. Taeyeon sat up and cursed. While I heard Kris’s voice on the other line calling my name repeatedly. I took the phone away from my ear and went to Hyomin’s side.

“Hyomin-ah! Aigoo…” I shook her. She’s awake, but she’s unconscious.

She looked at me, her eyes half opened and she chucked. “Sunny-ah! You’re so loud last night!” she said. I laughed. Hyomin is still drunk from last night. “I am jealous!!!” she bellowed.

“Oh my God, Hyomin! You’re so drunk!” I laughed while trying to make her stand.

“Oh?” she took notice of my phone in my hands then she snatched it. She put it on her ears. I tried to stop her but she started talking to the phone.

“Hello, luvurboy! I am Sunny’s girl friend. Girlfriend!!! But! God! Sungmin is such a sweet!!! If I were Sunny, I would marry that Syupah Juniyeor!!Oh?! Yoboseyo?!” Hyomin shouted those words at the phone so fast! I laughed so hard. She took the phone away from her ear and looked to me. “He hung up.” She told me before she snickered and closed her eyes.

“Yah yah Hyomin-ah! Didn’t you come home?” I asked as I took my phone from her. Kris did hang up. I typed in a fast message to him before pulling Hyomin to my unmade bed.

“I like your sofa.” She mumbled.

“Don’t you have a schedule for today?” I asked while putting the blanket over her.

“Let Eunjung take care of it!” she yelled.

“Shut it, Hyomin! You’ll wake up the others.” I hissed. If Taeyeon wasn’t drunk from last night, she would be awakening by now. It seems that she’s still tired.

“Sorry.” She said, before she closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

I took a long bubbly bath to soothe myself from the tiredness and fatigue last night. It is one of the few days that I take time for my bath, when my other members are still asleep. I usually shower really fast when all of us have schedules so that they can have most of their time.

Hyomin and Taeyeon was still asleep when I checked on them. Seohyun was preparing our breakfast in the kitchen.

“Did I wake you up?” I asked her. She was beating eggs.

“I know it was Hyomin unnie.”

“I’m sorry. I found her sleeping in front of our door, half-conscious.”

“Hyoyeon unnie won’t let her sleep in our room. Mianhae~”

“It’s all right. I will tell her members that she’s here. Where is Hyoyeon anyway?”

“Jogging.”

“I see…” I watched Seohyun pour the beaten eggs on the sautéing pan.

“Unnie, how are you feeling?” She asked.

“I’m feeling great.”

“I mean about your sickness. Did you consult a therapist?”

“I don’t know… It feels normal to be back.”

“I’ll recommend a family friend. She’s a rehab doctor. Maybe she can help.”

“Sure.”

“Promise me you’ll fight, unnie.”

“I promise.”

 

 

a/n: lol, idk but I missed SunByung nowadays... so don't mind her! i just missed her :) anyway, I hope you liked the update! I guess this will be over in 3-5 chapters at most.. I've already written the end and before that.. I'm really glad that you guys still subbed to this story even if I don't update that much. >< thanks!