A matter of choice

Unbreak My Heart

 

Sunny

The rain is falling hard outside even though it is morning.

“Kris, just make yourself at home. Don’t forget to fetch Eunji later at the school by 12:00pm, arasseo?” I heard Eunkyu unnie said. “She’s having a piano lesson there. Soonkyu knows the place.”

“Arasseo, noona.” Then they are gone. The rain’s soothing sound was muffled by the closing of the door. I heard Kris’s footsteps walk towards the room. The blanket was covering my whole body when he knocked on the door before coming in.

“Sunny-ah, wake up!” His hand started shaking me. Since I was awake already, I groggily sat up. “Good morning, sunshine.” Kris pulled me from the bed. “They left already.”

“I heard.” I smiled while rubbing my eyes. “Have you eaten breakfast?”

“Ani, I waited for you. Get up now so we can eat. I’m starving.” He then left the room and proceeded to the kitchen. I followed him and sat down on the table as he prepared it.

I still can’t get over the realization I had yesterday. I was lost before Kris came to my life. He found me and everything came back to normal.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Kris’s deep husky voice echoed. I looked up to him. He looked really worried. I smiled to him. He smiled back but he wasn’t convinced.

“Soonkyu, you’re one of the strongest people I know. I know that you will not die. If you’re worrying that you will only hurt me soon, don’t. Because you will never. I know that you are strong enough to live. It will only hurt me more if you’re leaving me like this.” Those words he said only reminds me of how sick I am.

“Yifan, I am afraid.” Tears rolled down my cheeks.

“Don’t be. We’re in this together.” He cupped my face and brushed the tears with his thumb.

“But what if I do die?” I looked into his eyes. They are filled with tears, too.

“That must be around eighty years from now, Sunny.” He kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly. “Sunny, you are not called ‘sunny’ for nothing. Please don’t be like this. Promise me you’ll live with me forever.”

“I promise.” I said. Then he kissed me on the lips.

We spent the day cleaning in the house since I promised that I’m going back with him to Seoul tomorrow. After we cleaned up, we cuddled on the sofa in the living room as we wait for the right time to fetch my niece in school.

I love this feeling. My body feels refreshed from cleaning. With fresh clothes on, I feel so revitalized especially with Kris beside me. His arms around me, my feet up on the sofa as my hand fiddled with his free hand.

“What if all these never happened?” I suddenly brought up after we laughed at the memories we reminisced.

“What these?” Kris whispered on my ear. I don’t know, but it seems like he whispered on my ear because we are so close to each other.

I turned my head to see him and he ended up kissing my cheek. We are totally close to each other. “I don’t know. Maybe, these were all just a dream. Everything. Then we woke up and we don’t exist in each other’s life.” As I said those things, his eyes were fixed on me. He is studying me, my face, how my lips moved as I said those words. We stared at each other for a while. I swear my face flushed in red by the moment. Then he smiled. The smile I missed like forever.

“I would go back to sleep.” He said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Right now? We will fetch Eunji in just a matter of minutes.”

“Pabo-yah!” He kissed my cheek. “If I would wake up from that dream and you don’t exist anymore, then I would go back to sleep.”

“Wae?”

“Because I will fail to live without you.”

“Yah! So cheesy!”

I stood up and was about to walk away when he grabbed my arm and I was on the sofa once again. “Wae?!” He replied by kissing me on the lips. It was a passionate kiss but with its limits.

“I missed kissing you.” He grinned. “Come, let’s fetch Eunji.”

 

Kris

“How was everyone back there?” she asked me. We were walking hand in hand to Eunji’s school which is not far from Eunkyu noona’s home.

“Everyone’s fine, but we are all worried about you.” I said in a manner that will make her guilty.

“Mianhae…” she bowed her head down.

“You better be. You have no idea how worried sick I was.”

 “You are being so selfish! How was the media?” She asked. We stopped by the playground in front of the school. Then we walked to the swings. We both sat and swing lightly.

“At first it was chaos. I had a fight with Jessica and Tiffany in the airport.” I looked at her to see her expression. She glared at me. “But everything’s fine now. As of now, all the fans knew is that you took a vacation and I followed you here.”

“That’s ridiculous! Hahaha!” she laughed.

“Anyway, many stations are inviting us in their programs. KBS, SBS, MBC, and many others, as well as radio stations. We are like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. You’re gonna be in demand these days when we get back.” She stood up. She looks so cute when pissed.

“Aish! This is all your fault! You and your tricks with my Appa and Taeyeon. Now I will have more career problems!” She shot another glare at me, but it turned into an eyesmile.

“Wae?” I asked.

“Gomawo. If you hadn’t come, I wonder… I can’t even imagine the state I was in before you came. It’s like. A worthless life. And it .”

“I know.” I stood up and held her hand. “You can’t live without me.”

“Yah! I didn’t say that.” Her cheeks blushed madly.

“Don’t worry jagiya, the feeling is mutual.” I told her before pulling her into a hug. She buried her head on my chest, and I kissed the top of her head. With her short arms around my waist, I don’t want this moment to end.

“Unnie! Oppa!” our heads turned to little Eunji who was running to us. Sunny pulled away and crouched down to meet Eunji and hugged her.

“How was your lesson for today?” she asked.

“It’s great! Look! I have a star!” then she showed us her star on her wrist with a caption ‘very good.’ “Isn’t it great?”

“It is great. Let’s get lunch now, aren’t you hungry Eunji-ah?” I asked her.

“Ne, I’m hungry. Oppa, are we going to eat out?” Eunji asked me.

“Ne Eunji… What do you want to eat?” Sunny asked her.

It took us awhile to get decided where because Eunji doesn’t really want anything specific to eat. We end up eating back at the house. I helped Eunji do her homework while Sunny was preparing our lunch. At times, I would go to Sunny and admire her for a while when Eunji would get the hang of her homework; then I would go back when she needs help.

It felt so wonderful now that I am reunited with my precious Soonkyu. She is like the whole world to me, no, she really is the whole universe to me. And I would not let her go ever again. I will take care of her to my very best. I will not let her get sad just for a single moment. I will make her happy forever, even in heaven.

“Keu-ris oppa, why do you need to go back to Seoul tomorrow?” Eunji asked as we ate.

“Eunji-ah, Kris oppa and Sunny unnie are busy people.” Sunny said.

“But why so soon? I will miss you.” Eunji looked so sad.

“We will miss you, too, Eunji.” I told her.

“Oppa, you better take care of my unnie, arasseo? You better not make her cry.” Eunji told me. “You will marry my unnie, arasseo?”

“Eunji-ah!” Sunny exclaimed before I could even answer. “What are you blabbering about? Eat your food.” We both looked at Sunny and she was blushing madly.

“Imo, you need to marry Keu-ris oppa soon. You are getting old yet no husband. Also, I want a cousin. Umma and Appa didn’t give me a sister.” Eunji explained.

“Ask your parents then, not us!” Sunny said.

“But I am concerned for your health! You are dying until Keu-ris oppa come here.” Eunji reasoned.

I laughed at the two with their silliness. Eunji is such a straight-forward person at such a young age. Sunny on the other hand didn’t let Eunji win, so childish of her. Nevertheless, I am glad to see my Sunny back in her sunny self. I hope she’ll stop thinking about her condition and just enjoy the life she has. I hope she’ll stop worrying about dying. Everyone dies. It’s just a matter of choice.

 

a/n: i know you guys might want to kill me for not updating for two months. ;~; i also know that it is too much. and i am sorry, okay? i tried my best. i don't know what happened. but it took me awhile. a long time to get back on track.
i don't know if it is about the story. i swear, right after my finals i promised to update this but i guess lady lazy gave me some of her blessings? or, perhaps i was still thinking about my grades, etc. my gwa is so low. it is 2.5 ;~; i know it is low.
that's it. i hope you liked the update, though i didn't like it at all. or it just me; probably it is because of the super long hiatus i think this chapter is really bad. i'm sorry. i tried. i procastinated. please do comment. say everything you want. i am sure. i will take everything in.