They met other people, too.

Unbreak My Heart

Kris

She debuted. And left me. But I promised that I will do well. I will follow her to the spotlight.

Before, our rivals were ourselves. We need to train more to beat our own records. Soon, Jong-in and I were transferred to another class. We had new groupmates. Our new groupmates are Taemin, Jonghyun, Onew, Key, and Minho. And there seem to be a competition between the boys and girls. Our rivals this time are a group of girls. Victoria, Luna, Amber, Krystal, and Sulli.

Our instructor said that if we do better than them, it is possible for us to debut in 2008. And the other group will debut the next year. But there is something that concerns me. The group to debut the next year must consist of only five members. If ever our group may beat the other, two of us can’t debut next year.

Onew and Jonghyun have real good voice. They are a win-win. As for Taemin and Jong-in, they are real good dancers.  As for Key and Minho, well, they dance and sing well but they are charismatic; they shine in terms of good looks. And me? I guess I am competing with Minho. Since he’s also a rapper in the group. And we’re both tall among the others.

“It’s all about good looks, oppa.” Sulli told me. Sulli reminds me a lot of Sunny. But I don’t want our relationship to get to that. Sulli is the cute girl who smiled to me on the first day. We became friends when I got to the class. “If you’re not good-looking, it’s impossible to debut.”

“Why is that?” I asked.

“It’s all about that. You see, it’s either you’re really, really good at dancing or singing, or you’re very captivating as if you’re Aphrodite’s child.”

“Aphrodite?”

“Ne. The Greek goddess of love and beauty. Look at our sunbaenims. They debut because they are trained to catch attention. Making sure they attract people to buy their albums, go to their concerts. It’s all competition, oppa. Look at our SNSD sunbaenims. Sunny unnie isn’t supposed to debut back then. But she’s more beautiful and more talented than the other.  So they changed it.”

“Where is the other girl now?”

“She transferred to another company. She figured out that she wouldn’t be able to debut anymore. New generations are becoming better. That’s why Sunny unnie was able to beat her.”

“How come you know all this?”

“I became a trainee in 2005, oppa. And I am surviving.”

 

 

Sunny

I have become part of So Nyeo Shi Dae. I have become friends with them easily. The one I became closest with is Hyoyeon. They treated me like a family. They never let me feel that I don’t belong here. They are my new family. We debut last August with Into the New World. We’ve been getting a lot of fans. And also a number of anti’s. But they were too much. Hyoyeon was crying because of some comments she just read. Anti’s aren’t called anti’s for nothing.

Hyoyeon isn’t even pretty or y. Her dancing !
Hyoyeon shouldn’t be part of SNSD. She doesn’t know how to sing.
There is a rumor she is dating Eunhyuk oppa? Hyoyeon should not date Eunhyuk oppa! They don’t look good together.

“Eotteoke? Is my dancing not good?” she asked me.

“You’ll do nothing. Your dancing is the best, Hyo. You’re still part of us and it will never change. Don’t listen to the anti’s comments. They will do you no good.” I told her.

“At least you have a pretty face and y body to talk about.” she sniffed.

“Yah! You know I hate people looking at my body. Please don’t cry anymore. And you are beautiful! You should know that.” I told her.

“Let’s go to Super Junior’s dorm.” she said as she wipe away her tears.

“Wae?” I asked.

“I need my monkey right now.” she smiled at me.

We went to Super Junior's dorm. Hyukjae sunbae immediately went to Hyoyeon's aid. She is so lucky she had Hyukjae sunbae. I sort of broke up with Kris months before we debut. Now I am wondering if what I did is right. But I still think about him. I think it is unfair to break his heart just like that. But both of us will have to sacrifice to success. If we were made for each other, I know we can still be together. Someday.

“Sunny, isn’t it?” someone broke my train of thoughts. He is a Super Junior sunbae, the one with the aegyo. He sat next to me.

“Ne, sunbae.” I said.

“Let me guess, Hyoyeon is a close friend?” he asked. I nodded. “She always comes here in our dorm. Back when she’s still a trainee. Eunhyuk loves her so much. Now that they are both celebrities, it will be harder for them to meet at times. Because of the schedules.”

“Sunbae, is it really that hard?” I asked him.

“Of course it’s that hard. Much harder than the trainee days. You better do well.” Sungmin sunbae said as he pat my head. He stood up and he was going to leave. But he turned around and said, “By the way, call me Sungmin oppa.”

“Ne, Sungmin oppa…”

 

a/n: And so, Sungmin and Sulli  will be featured in our story! Will they become a friend or a foe? Stay tuned! :)