In 2009

Unbreak My Heart

 

I woke up with my head aching. When I opened my eyes, I was in a hospital room. I took a breath trying to recall what happened. Nothing. I breathed in again but I am clueless. My mom is sleeping by my side, holding my hand. I tried to sit up but my whole body is in pain. There is no other person who is in the room. I tried to remember what happened. But, I just remembered going to the SM Building with Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Jessica to watch some trainees perform... And that’s it. What happened?

“Umma…” I managed to say. My mom moved and her eyes enlightened when she saw me. “Help me get up, umma.” I told her and she quickly went to my side. She helped me sit up.

“What happened, umma?” I asked her.

“Well, you were walking back to the dorm. And you were hit by a car. But your MP3 is on the loudest volume so you probably didn’t hear the honking of the car.”

“I see… Just an accident… How long was I out?”

“This is the third day.”

“Did the media know about this?”

“Nope. Everything’s clear. But your uncle was really furious. Good thing you only had a few bruises. Some scars. But what we are afraid of your brain, Soonkyu! Your head is bleeding when you got here. And the doctors said that you had a big damage in your brain. Are you sure you’re all right?”

“I’m sure Mom. I’m still a Girls’ Generation member, right?” I asked.

“Oh, yes, honey. You’re right.” She kissed me on my forehead. “Now, stay put. I will call the others.

The doctor told me that it was a miracle that my memories survived. And that I could still remember everything. He told me that I had a good faith. Though, if it’s not the memory that’s triggered. Possibly, it was my skills. But definitely I still had my skills with me. It’s not really too long until I was discharged from the hospital.

Soon everything came back to normal. The girls and I continued preparing for our comeback. We were practicing in the SMEnt building on the 6th floor when suddenly a scene flashed in my mind. The scene is vague. But it tells a lot. I saw myself dancing with someone really really tall. But I couldn’t remember the guy’s face.

“Sunny! Are you listening?” It was Taeyeon who broke the vision. All the girls are staring at me right now.

“Ani.. Mian.. What are you saying again?”

“I said, are you fine? Do you want to take a break?” Taeyeon asked.

“Oh? Aniyo, I’m fine.” I told them. “Let’s practice!”

We continued practicing for the day but the scene seem so important to me. It’s as if the event had a big impact on who I am. When we get back to the dorm, it felt like I had forgotten something. Like my soul is incomplete. After we had dinner and a few minutes of watching the television, I proceeded to my bed and try to clear my memory.

“What happened back there, Sunny?” Hyoyeon suddenly appeared in our room. She dropped herself on Taeyeon’s bed.

“I don’t know… But while we’re practicing back there, I saw something…” I said.

“A ghost?” Hyo faced me.

“Ani! I saw a vision or something. Or maybe a flashback. It bothers me.” I told her.

“Maybe it’s because of your accident. The doctors did say that you are lucky enough to live and that your memories survived. Maybe you lost little fragments. Whatever you saw back there, you should get it out of your mind. We have a comeback in hand.” Hyo smiled.

“I know, I know. When are we going to comeback anyway? No news yet?”

“Still no news from manager. He just told us to continue practicing the dance and the song… Sunny-ah, I want to ask you something.”

“What is it?”

“Is it hard for you to change your lifestyle? I mean, you’re a very fierce performer before, but you are so good at doing aegyo in our Kissing You. Right now on our new concept, it’s just so hard!”

“Hahaha! You’re so funny, Hyo! It’s not that hard at all! Just keep practicing and you’ll get used to it!”

“Very funny! Hahaha! Thanks.” She said and left me.

I stared at the white ceiling. It may be true that I lost little fragments of my memories because of the accident. But something tells me that I should not forget about it. Those memories might be meaningful to me as to why would I remember something like that in the 6th floor. I fell into a deep slumber.

I was walking in the practice rooms in the 6th floor at night. When suddenly a deep, cool, husky voice echoed through the walls of the corridors. The voice said my name. And not just a simple ‘Sunny,’ he said my name ‘Soonkyu’ like he’s calling me. And it’s all over the place. I searched the whole 6th floor for the owner of the voice. I ran. But I found no one. I stopped as I catch my breath. I started walking again. When I got to my favourite practice room, I found somebody. I entered the practice room. When he is about to turn around,

“Sunny! Wake up! We’re gonna be late!” my roommate Taeyeon is hitting me with my pillows.

“Ughh.. 5 more minutes.”

“Aniyo! Our manager wants to see our performance.” Taeyeon said and pulled me up.

“You’ll pay for this, Taengoo.” I mumbled as she pushes me to the shower room.

Our manager watched our performance. But he was not satisfied. He said that  Lee Soo Man said that our concept was just a mere remake of Kissing You and we would not gain popularity if we comeback with that. Taeyeon had to cry in silence when our manager said that. Well, who wouldn’t? We worked out butts off practicing countless of times to make that perfect.

“Instead, here is a new song. It’s way better than the first one. Practice the songs right now, we’ll record it for the whole week starting tomorrow.” Our manager said and gave Taeyeon a CD and the lyrics. Then, he left.

As soon as he left, “I can’t believe our manager would say those.” Yoona said, “His words hurt!”

“Yeah, didn’t he know that we worked hard for that and he would just throw it like that?” Yuri said.

“Hush, hush, my girls. Here, look, I think this is way better. Like manager oppa said.” Tiffany said. She gave each one of us copies of the lyrics. She played the CD and the music played.

I read my part,

Oh so so pretty; Your heart is so pretty; I was captured from first glance, caught so closely; Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby; Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby.

“Yes, it’s good… but what about the dance?” Hyoyeon asked.

“We could do it cutely!” I suggested. And Hyo gave me death glares.

“You think it would work?” Taeyeon asked.

“Of course! Look at the lyrics, they’re all about being in love! And the tune. I know this MV will be full of aegyo…” I pointed out as we listened to the music.

"What if it will turn out just like Kissing You?" Sooyoung asked.

"Aniyo... I don't think it will. Besides, Hyoyeon is already practicing her aegyo!" I told them.

“Please don’t tease me, Soonkyu.” Hyoyeon said.

“I agree with Sunny unnie. I have a good feeling on this.” Seohyun said.

And so we started working on Gee. We started recording Gee as manager said. The good thing was that the parts were evenly distributed. After that, we started doing the dance. The dance is not an easy thing to do. Since we had to do the formations at the same time observe the balance and alignment of each singer. For weeks we finally perfected the dance! I was so glad because it turned out exactly what I had in mind the first time I heard the music. Our manager watched our dance and he said that he was satisfied. And we’ll be able to comeback first thing in 2009.

Soon we started shooting for the MV. The director said that the MV will be about mannequins who became alive because they fell in love with the boy who works at the shop. It was cute, actually. But we need the leading man for the MV. Somehow I thought about the vision I saw. The guy I'm dancing with... Is he still a trainee?

“Let’s choose a Super Junior oppa! Someone who’s taller than me. Like Siwon oppa!” Sooyoung said.

“Ani! Let’s choose a DBSK oppa instead! Yunho oppa will fit the role.” Yoona insisted.

“Why don’t we choose a SM trainee? There are lots of cute guys out there.” Yuri said.

“No! Let’s choose a SHINee member!” Jessica said. “Jonghyun will do best!”

“Eunhyuk oppa is nice! Let’s get him!” Hyoyeon said.

Manager’s head just hurt because of the girls’ arguments. He left us but the girls still continued arguing over who will be the leading man in our MV. Manager came back with SHINee’s Minho. He said, “Okay, girls. The leading man will be Minho. He’s tall, cute, nice, a SHINee member, and would fit the role.” He said looking consecutively at Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona, Jessica, and Hyoyeon.

“Annyeong haseyo SNSD sunbaes.” Minho said.

“Annyeong~”

We shooted the MV in a day. After all the editing, photoshoots, and others, we are able to comeback in January with Gee. We came back with Gee not knowing that it would become a number one hit in the whole country. None of us knew that with Gee, we will gain immense popularity.

 

a/n: so, Sunny forgot everything about Kris. ;~; 
I'm sorry guys for not updating for a long, long time!
I thought that this chapter is too boring. (I know it is) I had to double think if I would post this.
Anyway, THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVELY COMMENTS!! :"""> they're so sweet~
And it's cute that we're all rooting for SunKris!!
I would also like to thank those who upvoted for the story!!~ ^^
It meant a lot to me~ Because it means that you love my story! :)

Have you seen this guysss?

Even though they're not beside each other... It's impossible that they didn't talk for a couple of seconds or minutes or hours! xD
Behind the scenes, we could always hope there's something! ^^