First step

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

The rest of the boys, with Sori headed back to the house. The hike had to stop because Lyorin run away and Sori was not well. The guys entered the house and were greeted by a surprised Mr Lee, who saw Sori in Kris’s arms. Not breathing any word, he motioned Kris to place Sori on the sofa.

“I’m sorry, Mr Lee. Things turned a little ugly and Sori got hurt in the process but she’s fine.” Suho did the explanation.

“What happened?” Mr Lee asked. He wasn’t angry. He knew his daughter too well. Her behaviour would always land herself in trouble. He scanned the boys’ faces only to realise that not all of them were back. He searched for Lyorin, and realised she was not back either. “Where is Lyorin?” His tone went panicked.

“She’s still out. Luhan, Tao, Kai and Sehun are out there with her.” Baekhyun answered.

“What happened? How did you guys get separated?” Mrs Lee entered the living room and went over to Sori.

“Well, Sori talked about Lyorin’s parents when suddenly Lyorin ran away.” Chen honestly confessed. Mr Lee shook his head and understood the situation. He looked over at her daughter who happened to have woken up. Hearing Chen’s confession, Sori turned glum and waited for her parents to nag at her.

True enough, Mrs Lee started nagging, “Sori, what did you say? When will you ever learn from your mistake?!”

Amidst the scolding, Lyorin entered the house with the remaining boys. Thankfully, she did not run far and the boys managed to catch up with her. Throughout the time, Kai stood far from Lyorin. He could not bear to see her crying face. He was glad Luhan was able to coax her well. He was not strong enough to face her especially when he was keeping something valuable away from her.

Chanyeol embraced her in a hug and whispered, “Don’t run away like that again.” Lyorin flashed a smile but Chanyeol could sense that her smile was full of sadness.

Kai appeared and stood at the back. D.O pulled him forward and signalled for him to apologise to Sori, who was already wide awake. Kai did not want to do it at first, but seeing that he was partly at fault, he apologised. Instead of apologising to Sori, he, “I’m sorry Mr and Mrs Lee for hurting your daughter. It was my mistake and I promise never to let that happen.”

Lyorin looked over at Suho with a confused look. Wait, what happened to Sori? What did Kai do to her? Suho mouthed, “I will tell you later.” She gave him a nod.

“It’s alright, Kai. Sori, it’s your turn to apologise.” Mr Lee called out.

“Why should I?” Sori retaliated.

Lyorin walked towards Sori. Despite the cold stare she received from her, Lyorin went ahead, “Sori, I’m sorry that I yelled at you just now. I didn’t mean to. I hope you are feeling better.”

The guys turned soft when Lyorin chose to apologise even when she was not at fault. This was one of the many reasons why Lyorin is such an angel. She might be stubborn and rude at times but she possessed a heart of gold.

Mrs Lee nudged Sori to say her apology but she refused. Only after Mr Lee gave her a death glare which made her muttered a quick, “Sorry.”

“Okay, it’s settled. Now, please wash up for dinner.” Mrs Lee announced.

“I’m sorry, Mrs Lee. I’ll pass dinner tonight.” After saying that, Lyorin quickly went to her room.

 

********************************

While the rest were having dinner, you were enjoying yourself in the bath tub filled with warm water. As you sat alone in the tub, your mind wondered about the dream you had last night and the uncanny similarity you encountered while hiking. What was your father trying to convey in the dream? The message written on the note kept appearing in your mind. There must be something about the message. Your curiosity heightened when no information about your parents’ background were revealed to you. If they knew who you are, weren’t they make them part of EXO clan as well? Based on the clan’s history, the members were closely connected. If that was the case, shouldn’t they know more about your parents other than just the information that they left? You wrecked your brain trying to figure out and finally came into a conclusion. Either they really left you without a trace or Mr Lee was hiding something? Either way, something was not right.

After the long bathing, you finally slipped into a comfortable sleeveless top and pyjama pants. You grabbed your phone and checked that you had unread messages and missed calls.

Hello Lyorin, how are your holidays? Want to meet up? –Yongguk

Lyorin, why aren’t you replying to my messages? –Yongguk

Are you there? Are you okay? –Yongguk

Hey babe, how’s the trip? We need to meet up soon. I miss you so much! Call me when you’re back okay? Love you! – Yoona

You smiled after reading your bestfriend’s text. You missed her too. Yongguk’s messages were just a pain to you. You didn’t want to reply. Why would you? There were plenty more of unread messages and decided to skim through.

Lyorin, tell me if you’re there please – Yongguk

I beg you, please don’t do this. – Yongguk

Lyorin, I have to tell you something; about your father. - Yongguk

 

You rubbed your eyes, trying to confirm the last message you just read. Yongguk knew something about your father? Or was he just trying to be funny? But when you gave it a thorough thought, why would Yongguk bring up your father out of a sudden? There must be a reason and the only way to find out; you needed to return his calls and messages. You put your phone away and lied down on the bed. You were still deciding whether to pursue in finding out more of your parents or should you just let it all go.

Oh God, this is so hard! Yongguk, you better not be joking or I will….

You chuckled, amused at your own thought. Trying to harm someone with powers plus an army behind me, you must be crazy. After much consideration, you took your phone and ran through your inbox.

 

What do you know about my father? – Lyorin

You finally replied to Yongguk’s message after weeks of ignoring. You grabbed a magazine and flipped the pages when suddenly, you felt vibration. Wow, that’s fast!

LYORIN!! I miss you! Where have you been? Aren’t we supposed to be friends, why are you ignoring me? – Yongguk

Tsk! This guy! You have not answered my question!

Please answer my question, Yongguk-sshi. – Lyorin

Oh yes about that. Lyorin, I know something that you don’t know, but I can’t say it here. We need to meet. Trust me. – Yongguk

Your stomach churned nervously out of a sudden. You were curious but wary. Yongguk was still someone you weren’t supposed to be in contact. However, you were dying to know more about your parents, and even if it resorted to going beyond the enemy’s line, you would bravely do it.

Alright, I see you in 2 days time when I’m back. – Lyorin

Great, I will see you then. Take care, Lyorin. – Yongguk

 

To be continued...