Escape

Dawn of the Rising Star

 

Ever since the incident back at the mansion, your relationship with some of EXO guys became tensed. Kris avoided talking to you and would only speak when necessary. You were still talking normally to Luhan, Xiumin, Chanyeol and Sehun. As for Tao, Baekhyun, Chen and D.O, they were neutral. They didn’t really get involved in your affairs or bothered you with theirs. Lay, on the other hand, could be temperamental. At times, he was nice but at other times, he can be cold and secluded. He was closest to Kai, who as we all know, the quiet one out of them. Kai was mysterious and seemed to be hiding a lot of his true self to you. Truthfully, you would like to know Kai a lot better since you were of the same age, but you just could not understand the hate he had towards you. Luhan kept saying that Kai didn’t hate you yet his actions were the opposite. Suho; he’s a nice guy. You actually pitied him for having to juggle his leadership duties as well as manage you. He seemed helpless and conflicted. Despite your stubborn character, he was still patient and gentle.

 

“Hey Lyorin!” Hyunsik called out as he jogged across the school hallway towards you. It was the last week of school before term break. You were walking alone after school, towards the car park to meet Kai and Sehun. Yoona was absent that day, so you were by yourself. You were unsure where Kai and Sehun were at the moment. You turned to see Hyunsik and wave. “You free this weekend?” He asked. Ever since that outing, you’ve been hanging outside with him and his friends along with Yoona on most of the weekends. EXO didn’t allow you to go, neither did they stop you. They seemed to have given up in locking you indoors. Despite their constant advice, you just turned deaf to it.

“This weekend? Okay sure. See you at the usual.” You answered but suddenly someone grabbed your arm and pulled you away from Hyunsik.

KAI?

“Lyorin, you have been hanging out with him?” Sehun appeared beside Kai and questioned. You were surprised at his facial expression. He wasn’t smiling and his face darkened as he glared at Hyunsik, who in return glared back at him. That was the first time you saw Sehun being serious and scary plus he was asking you in a harsh tone. It wasn’t the usual Sehun, who was lively and cheerful.

Without waiting for your reply, Kai walked over to Hyunsik and warned, “Stay away.” The two went on staring at each other with their noses almost poking one another. You were afraid something bad was going to happen. Fearing for Hyunsik’s safety, you pulled Kai and Sehun away. You didn’t want them to injure Hyunsik knowing that these two boys were not normal beings.

“Kai, let’s go. Sehun, come on.” You pleaded and grabbed their hands. “Sorry, I’ll text you later,” you apologised to Hyunsik and walked away with Kai and Sehun, who were still tensed. Once you reached the car, “What was that all about?” you asked them, slightly pissed.

Sehun opened the car door, “Get in.” He said firmly. You were baffled by the sudden roughness in his tone of voice. You went in the car as instructed. Within seconds the car engine roared and quickly Kai drove away. Throughout the journey, you kept your head down.

“Don’t see him anymore.” Sehun’s voice broke the silence out of a sudden.

“But why?” You blinked innocently.

“Lyorin, please don’t see him outside anymore.” Sehun begged. You slumped in the back seat with a mind full of unanswered questions. You didn’t want to argue anymore. You were too tired; not physically tired but mentally.

 

**************************************

 

“996, 997, 998, 999 and finally 1000.” Lyorin stared at the ceiling while lying on her queen size bed. She was counting imaginary sheeps; yes, she was that bored. She grabbed a pillow and covered her face as she screamed exasperatingly into it, letting her piercing scream muffled by the pillow. She couldn’t stand it any longer. It was a nice sunny Saturday and all she could do was stay indoors, for the whole term break. She wanted to go out and play but of course, her demand was not allowed. “THAT’S IT!” she blurted suddenly and snapped her fingers. She had a plan in mind.

Lyorin paced back and forth her room, taking quick glances at the clock. She nervously held a piece of paper that she had written a while back. When the time finally came, she placed the note on the study table, making sure it was obvious enough. Once done, she slowly turned the door knob and prayed silently that no one was outside. She quietly tip-toed her way down the stairs to the empty living room. The room was quiet and Lyorin smiled knowing that her plan was going the way she desired. She made her way to the front door, pushed it open and embraced the outdoor view. Outside, she slipped on her shoes and quickly left the mansion without thinking of the consequences she would face once EXO realised that she just sneaked out.

 “EXO, thanks for making everything too easy for me. HAHA! Hope you enjoy your training session” Lyorin smirked with her back facing the mansion. She continued walking till the mansion was out of her sight.

 

---------------------------------

 

EXO’s training session was nothing but intense. They carried out their training every Saturday, from early morning till late evening. They could even train by themselves as and when they wished, but group trainings were on Saturday. Their trainings were held in the basement which was sound proof, fire proof and all sorts of proof to prevent them from destroying the mansion; literally. They had to train not just their powers, but also combat skills. Knowing that they were facing dangers that could happen any time, they were serious when it came to training.

 

The fireball thrown by Chanyeol nearly missed Sehun who was quick enough to dodge, “Chanyeol hyung!” He yelled.

“Awww, I was just testing your reflexes.” Chanyeol teased, as he messed up the maknae’s hair. Sehun glared at him and then pouted to himself. He hated the fact that because he was the youngest, his powers were not as fully developed as compared to his hyungs.

Chen, who noticed Sehun’s glum face, “It’s okay Sehunnie. You’ll get better.” He smiled, comforting the youngest.

The long stretch of training ended, and all of them were dead beat. They left the basement and went upstairs just in time for dinner. Aunt Marie was already busying herself at the kitchen.

“Oh, you guys have ended? Okay great! Just in time for dinner! I’m done. Can someone please call Lyorin?” Aunt Marie requested as she carried two plates of dishes, Tao took the plates and helped her.

Sehun volunteered himself and went to check on Lyorin. He knocked on the door, but there was no response. So, he carefully turned the knob and pushed the door open. “Lyorin, time for dinner. Lyorin?” He screened through the empty room. Where is she, he wondered. He walked over to her study table and spotted a note. His face immediately contorted as he read the message.

                I’m going out. Don’t worry, I will be fine. I had to resort to this. Sorry

                                                                                                                                                                Lyorin

 

In the dining room, the atmosphere turned sullen as the boys including Aunt Marie, learned about Lyorin’s escape. They couldn’t hide their disappointment with her actions. It was definitely a rash act.

“I’m sorry…” Aunt Marie finally broke the silence. She had to apologise since she felt that Lyorin had gone too far this time.

“Aunt, please don’t. It’s not your fault.” Suho spoke up. “It’s us, we were too careless.”

“She’s not running away for real right?” Chen asked.

“Highly doubt so,” Baekhyun answered. Everyone was busy trying to absorb the situation and figuring where Lyorin might have gone to. All were talking among themselves except for Kai who remained silent, trying to recall something.

Finally, “Hyung…” Kai called out for Suho but his voice was too faint. No one heard him, so he called out again, “Suho hyung!” Everyone turned their heads at Kai. “She went out with Hyunsik,” his voice tightened at the mention of ‘Hyunsik’.

“Who…wait… Hyunsik??!” Suho looked at Kai to confirm what he had just heard. He was in utter shocked and disbelief.

Kris stood up from his seat and faced Luhan and Sehun, “Both of you, get her on the phone now!”

Luhan switftly took out his phone and dialled Lyorin’s number, hoping that she would answer. The rest of the boys slumped in their seats silently praying that everything will be just fine, as promised by Lyorin in her note.

 

To be continued...