He Doesn't Hate You

Help Me, Not Him

You walked into class and saw Dongwoon sitting down. You approached him from behind and placed your hand with your index finger out on his shoulder. He fell for it and you giggled.

--I guess she doesn't remember yesterday-- Dongwoon thought. He was afraid it would be awkward.

"So tell me, why are you copying me? Do you want to be as cool as me?" He joked. "Did you just say that!! Son Dongwoon! Wow, I never knew how cocky you were!" You joked along.

Suddenly, Yoseob, Kikwang, Hyunseung, and Doojoon ran into your class and almost knocked your table down. "________!!!!!" yelled Yoseob. They came so fast that your eyes were wide open, scared. "Oh my goodness. You guys scared me." Hyunseung, with a serious face, said to you, "Sorry but we're desperate for you." Dongwoon looked at him and said, "What are you talking about?" Hyunseung, surprised at what he said, fixed his statement and said, "Oops, I mean we need you." Doojoon slapped his head and said, "What he means is, can you tutor us like how you tutor Dongwoon? We hear you're a miracle worker." You looked at Dongwoon and he winked. You replied to them, "Sure. How much do I get paid?" They all looked at you in shock. "Hehe, I'm just kidding!" They all laughed and messed up your hair. Then, Kikwang said, "To make it easier for you, we can study as a group at the library at school or something rather than your house." "Alright, that's fine with me!" You replied. You guys exchanged numbers and Dongwoon was smiling, glad to see you cooperating with his friends.

Yoseob, Hyunseung, and Doojoon left but Kikwang stayed. He had to ask you something. "Hey, ______ can I talk to you privately?" You got up and went outside with him. His face was uncomfortable, trying to ask you for whatever he needed. "I was just wondering.. if it's not too hard for you.. if you can tutor my other friend. He really needs a tutor too." You smiled and said, "Is that what you needed to ask? I can help him! Why was it so hard for you to ask?" Kikwang looked up at you, not satisfied with your answer. "Well, the thing is.. my friend.. he's.." You were getting curious and said, "Just say it, it's fine.." Then Kikwang, finding the courage to tell you, he said, "It's Junhyung." Your smile dropped. That was what Kikwang was expecting. "I'm sorry, if he frightens you then I guess it's fine." You asked him, "Are you sure HE would want ME to tutor him? I mean, there's Jisun.. and doesn't he hate me?" Kikwang looked at you in shock and said, "Why would he hate you! If anyone, he hates Jisun because of the way she treats Dongwoon. It's just his stares and looks that makes it seem like he hates you.." Thinking to yourself, you didn't know what to say. Kikwang, noticing, then said, "It's okay, it's too much to ask you. I'm sorry _____" He smiled and patted your shoulder and said, "But don't worry, he doesn't hate you. I would know." Then he left.


Daniel ran up to you during lunch and hugged you really tight. You were choking and Daniel was jumping up and down. "What happened?" You forced out of your choking throat. "I GOT AN A. I GOT AN A. I GOT AN A. _______ IT'S A MIRACLE. I GOT AN A ON MY CHEM TEST!!" He yelled. You pulled him off with your jaw opened, "ARE YOU SERIOUS DANIEL CHAE? ARE YOU SERIOUS?" He grabbed your hands and said, "THANKS TO YOU!" and the both of you started jumping up and down frantically. You were so happy for him. Suddenly, he grabbed your face and kissed you on the forehead. You were surprised at his action but he yelled, "I LOVE YOU _____. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!" He was so happy that it made you smile.

"Daniel Chae?" You guys both turned to see who called him. It was your principal. "Sorry, I think I'm ruining a good moment but can you come into my office for a second?" Daniel looked at you with a confused expression and followed the principal to his office.

--What's going on? I hope he's not getting in trouble.--