Lesson Two

Help Me, Not Him

You were thumping your head on the library table. --Omg.--

Yoseob: I KNOW. IT WAS SO LOUD. IT WAS AMAZING
Hyunseung: It was worth the hour wait in line for that. It is the most brilliant thing alive.
Doojoon: BUT I SCREWED UP BIG TIME. I was on level 89 and beating the outta the guy when all of a sudden my keyboard stopped responding. I WAS SO PISSED OFF!!
You: Guys..
Kikwang: WIRELESS KEYBOARD RIGHT?
Doojoon: YEAH
You: Guys..
Kikwang: WITH THAT GAME, WIRELESS KEYBOARDS SO BAD
Yoseob: THAT BALLS! Hurry and get it fixed!!
Hyunseung: I was stopped on level 132 because of my mom, damn I was so pissed
You: Guys......
Yoseob: I stopped on level 165 because it was time for school..
Kikwang: You pulled an all-nighter?
Yoseob: YEAH HOLY DUDE WAIT TIL LEVEL 140 ITS HARD AS HELL. Took me hours.
You: What did I get myself into?!

They all looked at you. You were surprised that they actually listened to you. "SHHHHHHHH Are you guys here to study or not?" said the librarian. They were most definitely not studying at all. --They're worse than Daniel-- you thought. Thinking of Daniel made you worry about what happened at the prinicipal office. You texted him, showing your concern.

Yoseob: Yah, did you hear? If you're under 2.0 GPA, they're taking away your extracurricular activities which means no dancing, no singing, and just no music! And if you don't improve at all within six weeks then you're getting kicked out!
Doojoon: WHAT, no way! That's gotta be a rumor.
Yoseob: I'm hearing that they already gave out 50 notices. It makes more sense than just kicking you out of school right away.
Doojoon: But still, that's nonsense.. that's too cruel.
Kikwang: Guys, it's true. Junhyung got one.

You lifted your head and everyone was quiet. "Why won't he just find a tutor?" Yoseob asked. Kikwang couldn't help from looking at you. You looked back at him. He looked away. Doojoon added, "He loves dance.. he had to stop that? He worked so hard too." A sudden feeling of guilt blew over your whole body. You put your head down in shame. Kikwang patted your back and whispered, "Don't worry about it."

As you headed out, you passed by Junhyung's classroom. He was sitting in his seat reading a piece of paper. It was already 7PM and he still didn't leave. Remembering what his friends said, you walked into his class. --I'm going to regret this. I know it.-- you thought. You walked over to the seat next to him and sat down. You were nervous when he looked at you.

Very quickly, you said, "Your friend Kikwang told me you needed a tutor and asked if I can tutor you and since I'm helping your friends as a group together at the library like today, you can always join us and study even though they don't talk about anything related to studying or I can help you one-on-one after school some days or if that's uncomfortable for you then maybe I can--" "I don't need your help" he cut you off. You looked at the paper he was holding. "That's the notice.." When you said that, he immediately crumpled it up and looked away and said, "just leave, won't you?"

It was silent but you were worried and you said, "Look I'll really help you." Irritated, he said, "I said to go away, I don't need your ing help." His anger threw you off. You stood up, looked at him and said, "It's called 'no thank you.' Clearly, you don't know your manners when someone sincerely wants to help you. Your friends care about you and you're completely oblivious to it. Have a heart, won't you? I think that's your second lesson from me. I hope there's not a third one. If there is, that'd be pretty disappointing."

You turned for the door. Junhyung suddenly got up and said, "hey." You turned around to hear what he had to say, and he hesitated. "How.." You waited. "How do you.." He got silent. He was in a loss of words. He then said, "never mind" and sat back down. You left.

--How do you ... talk back to me so easily?--