Wake Up, Please.

Help Me, Not Him

It was Thursday, almost a week since the accident and you still didn't wake up.

Junhyung came to your hospital as soon as school ended. He was upset to see your eyes still closed. He went to sit down next to you and he looked at you. "Hey ______, I brought you something today." He took his backpack off and took something out. He forced a smile and said, "Look, it's my math test. I got an A. It's not a 100% but it's an A." His smile faded away. "If you were awake, I bet you'd be so happy for me, smiling... and laughing.." A tear fell down his eye. "I'm so sorry ____. I promised myself I'd protect you.. I just watched you get hit. I'm such a horrible friend." He put his test on the counter next to your bed and stood up, crying. "I'll come back tomorrow. _____, wake up.. please." Then he left.


It was Friday and Daniel was getting ready to perform on stage. It was their turn next and he was prepping his vocals. As he was watching the artist before them singing, his manager ran to him with his phone and said, "this person really needs to talk to you." Daniel answered the phone, "Hello?" "Is this Daniel?" "Yes...Who is this?" "Daniel-ah! Where are you! Come down to the hospital! This is _____'s mom. She woke up!!" Daniel widened his eyes and said, "_____? SHE WOKE UP?" Your mom said, "Yeah, hurry and come down!" Daniel was panicking since he was up next. He looked at the manager and he shook his head. Daniel said, "Ahjumma.. I need to perform right now." "Daniel-ah.. I thought you would be the one to run over here the moment she woke up. I guess I was wrong. Good luck on stage." "Ahjumma, I will be the first one there. I'm going to leave right after I perform. I'll be there!" He hung up and he started to shake. "Daniel, you alright?" Youngwon asked. Daniel looked at him and said, "She woke up." All his hyungs looked at him and said, "_____? What bad timing. Go right after the performance." "I will."

He ran up on stage when it was his turn. They seemed to take forever and he was panicking. Youngwon whispered, "Daniel, calm down. It'll be over before you know it." Daniel nodded and tried to calm himself down. The music started and their fans started to scream. The performance was going along perfectly until Daniel saw you in the audience while he was dancing. He blinked and saw that he was hallucinating. He shook his head to get his mind off of you while performing but he just couldn't. When it was his turn to sing, without him knowing it, tears fell down his face and his voice cracked. --How can I be smiling and singing on stage when my best friend just woke up after a week in the hospital?-- He felt so bad and had tears the rest of the performance and couldn't sing properly.

Right when their performance ended, Youngwon pushed him and told him to hurry. Daniel forgot to take off his mic and outfit and ran out of the studio and into a taxi and demanded the driver to hurry to the hospital. He ran to your room. He heard some fangirls noticing him but he ignored them and ran to your room as fast as he could. He was panting as he got to you but he fell to the ground when he saw that your eyes were closed again. "I was too late." Your mom leaned down and told Daniel, "You are the first one here. She just went back to sleep. Try waking her up again." Daniel got back up and sat down. He grabbed your hand and said "_____?" You opened your eyes and Daniel held your hand tighter and said, "_____, are you okay? Sorry, should I have kept you asleep? I just.. ran down here after I performed. I heard you woke up. I got a call and, are you really awake? _____, why weren't you more careful? I promise, I'll find the idiot who ran into you. I will and I'll get him arrested." He gently laughed and said, "I'm talking too much." You tightened your grip on his hand and said, "Daniel.. you cried.. on stage." Daniel reached over and hugged you. "I felt bad for being on stage when I knew you were in the hospital awake." You patted his back and said, "Daniel... you really look like a dalmatian. Ow, my head hurts." He got up and smiled. "Of course I do, I literally ran to you after my performance. I missed you _____." You smiled and said, "I didn't. I saw you in my dreams." He smiled even more and grabbed your hand. "I kept my promise. It's been exactly a week." You guys both laughed.

--Was he the only one in your dreams?-- Junhyung thought as he watched. He didn't want to ruin the moment so he left.