His Name

Help Me, Not Him

Dongwoon and Annie were absent at school. Mrs. Park made an announcement that an unfortunate incident happened with Jisun; therefore, she will no longer be attending Sam Ahn High. During break, Mrs. Park asked you if you would keep the incident a private matter. You agreed to.

You saw Junhyung during lunch and when you waved hi, he ignored you and walked away. You didn't see him again after that.

After school, you visited Dongwoon. Before you walked in, you saw Annie and Dongwoon joking around.
Dongwoon: You're so stupid.
Annie: NOOOO I SWEAR I SAW IT JUST NOW.
Dongwoon: So are you saying it just magically disappeared?
Annie: Not magically...
Dongwoon: You're so stupid.
Annie: I'm going to punch you if you say that one more time
Dongwoon: You're so stupid.
Annie punched Dongwoon and he grabbed her neck and she made choking sounds. He let go and started to laugh. Annie turned around, trying to find what she was looking for. Then Dongwoon put his hand on her shoulder and she turned around, getting fooled just like how you did. Dongwoon started to laugh even more and then grabbed his wound, wincing in pain.
Annie: Oh! Does it hurt?
And she leaned in closer, to put something on top. You saw Dongwoon looking at her and smiling. It was just too obvious.

You quietly walked in and Annie turned around. "______!!!!" She ran and hugged you. You hugged her back and you smiled at Dongwoon. He smiled back and you looked at Annie and back at Dongwoon and winked. He looked away shyly.

Annie left you and Dongwoon alone. "You move on pretty fast Son Dongwoon." He smiled and said, "I guess so." He then looked at you and asked, "Is it that obvious?" You nodded your head. He looked worried and you said, "Don't worry. Annie's too naive." He laughed and said, "I know." You said, "But.. she did tell me something about you." He looked at you and you said, "But I promised I wouldn't say anything" He smiled and said, "Mutual feelings?" You shrugged and he chuckled. You put your hand on his arm and said, "I'm glad you've moved on." He put his head down and said, "And I think you need to think a bit more about what your heart is telling you." You looked at him and he said, "I know you love him." You showed a confused face and he laughed. "Maybe you should try talking to Junhyung. Ask him why he's ignoring you." You were really confused now.

When you got home, you saw Junhyung waiting for you. You ran to him and he couldn't help but smile. Before you could say hi, he said, "Dongwoon told me that I should tell you so I came here." You remembered what Dongwoon told you at the hospital and looked at Junhyung. Without looking at you, Junhyung said, "I didn't mean to ignore you but I was just ... really heartbroken." He didn't let you say anything and continued saying, "Yesterday, I was certain you might've had at least a little something for me cause of the way you hugged me at night." He then looked at you and said, "But you didn't know it was me when you were asleep." "What do you mean?" you asked. He turned around and said, "You were sleeping, hugging me so tightly. When I tried to let go, you told me to not leave. Your exact words were, 'Don't leave. Don't leave me again Daniel.' I was so shocked at what you called me by so I tried to let go even more and you said, 'Don't leave me Daniel...'" Junhyung hesitated to say the last few words but he continued on and said, "'I love you, don't leave me Daniel.' It hurt to hear you say his name and not mine." He turned around and smiled. You were looking down. He came up to you and lifted your head. "It's okay. He keeps you happy. And...you keep him happy. You guys were meant for each other. I can't stop fate." You smiled and hugged Junhyung. You said, "You're still my best friend Yong Junhyung." He hugged you back and said, "At least I have a label in your heart."