Special Performance

Help Me, Not Him

You were watching Dalmatian's debut performance as they were performing wearing dalmatian print outfits. They were singing Round 1 and it was catchy. When you saw Daniel singing, it was amazing and you were glad to see him happy on stage doing what he loved. It was weird watching them on TV after you ran up to them the other day at the ddukbokki shop.

The next day at school, you had singing practice for the show on Thursday night so you got to skip all your classes for rehearsal and preparations. It was tiring but fun, especially since you got to skip your classes. During lunch break, Junhyung surprised you with kimbap (korean style sushi) and extra water. You were so happy to see him with food since you were starving. "So the show's tomorrow night?" You nodded as you shoved down the food. "Do you want me there to watch you?" You looked at him and said, with your mouth full, "ARE YOU REALLY ASKING ME THAT?" He laughed as the rice spit out everywhere. "Okay okay, I'll go since I..." He then pulled something out of his pocket, "Already bought the ticket!" You smiled and said, "You're the best Yong Junhyung!" He smiled when you said that.


It was an hour before the show and you were nervous. Really nervous. What you were more nervous about was that you wouldn't know who your famous singer/partner would be until you got on stage and sang. The plan was that you would begin singing the song and your partner would walk up and then sing with you. The song you were singing was Nagging by IU and Im Seulong so it had to be a guy. Your singing coach assured you that you'd like your partner, and that you were a big fan of his. While waiting, you were trying to think about who it would be. "Big Bang's Taeyang? No, he's too famous. 2PM's Wooyoung? No, he's more of a dancer. Omg, what if it's Im Seulong himself? Wait, but he's not in Korea right now. CNBlue's Yonghwa? Infinite's Woohyun?" You were talking to yourself.

"Are you that nervous?" You heard someone say. You turned around to see Dongwoon smiling with a bouquet of flowers. "These are for--" You smiled and reached out for it. "Hyo-jin, I heard she's singing today too." You glared at him and he laughed. "I'm just kidding, these are for you." You jumped up and down and ran and hugged him and said, "Thanks!" He smiled and said, "Just do good out there and don't trip and fall." You laughed and pushed him.

Before your performance you watched Ji-eun go up and sing. Her partner was a girl rapper and it was Hyuna from 4minute. All the guys started to shout. Then Hyo-jin went up and she messed up when she saw that her partner was 2PM's Junho. All the girls started to scream on the top of their lungs and ran towards the stage. --Gosh, Hyo-jin's so lucky. I hope I don't mess up though.-- You watched as Hyo-jin started to shake while she was singing, probably because she was so nervous to sing with Junho. At one point, Junho went on his knees and even hugged her at the end of the performance.

It was finally your turn and you were behind the curtain. By this time, you were more nervous about who your celebrity would be rather than singing in front of the big audience. The curtains opened and you walked onto stage. You saw Dongwoon sitting in the front on one side and saw Junhyung on the other side. The song started playing and you began to sing. You realized that they put a curtain in between you and your partner. You heard your partner begin to sing and you heard girls screaming for him, running up to the stage. You saw Dongwoon and Junhyung glaring at him. You were beginning to die of curiosity. But you remained nonchalant.

After the chorus, the curtains dropped between you and your partner but your coach told you to not to look at him and only look at the audience until he came up to you and grabbed your hand since it was part of the performance. You did as you were told and put your hand up. He came and grabbed your hand and you looked up smiling but your smile immediately dropped when you saw that it was Daniel singing. You looked back at the audience and started to sing again, without messing up. You didn't make a mistake but your mind was blank. No wonder Dongwoon and Junhyung were glaring. Deep inside though, you were happy to be with him again. At the end of the performance he leaned in and kissed you on the cheek. It was part of the performance anyways. The girls were screeching with jealousy.

The curtains fell and as soon as the curtains fell, Daniel pulled you into his arms and hugged you tight. He didn't say anything and just held you there. Behind him, you saw your vocals coach smiling at the sight of you two. You didn't know whether to hug him back or not. Instead, without you knowing, tears began to fall down your face. But you felt something else. You felt Daniel crying. "Daniel, are you crying?" He held you tighter and said, "I'm so sorry ______. I missed you so much. I'm so sorry ______." For the 10 years you've known him, you've never seen him cry.

You hugged him back and said, "Daniel, don't cry. Don't be sorry. It's okay."

He just held you tighter and cried even harder.



Now that Daniel's here, what's going to happen next? What is Dongwoon and Junhyung going to do? Or... is something going to happen that'll shock all three of them? ^___^ Next chapter coming soon!