A day break

From Normal To SuperStar

 

You stretched your arms in the air and yawned. *This is the biggest yawn i've ever had.* You thought sleepily. The door flung open and Dunwoo,Yonghwa and the other two people came in.

*Oh right ... I don't even know my producer's names yet.* "Are you done?", Dunwoo asked. "Yeah. 6 hours of reading and trying to understand the whole story and catching up the mood of the song, done", you nodded.

"Great. So now let's move on to the melody", Dunwoo said and nodded to the producer. Your eyes widened. "Now? Right now?", you asked. They all gave you weird glances.

"Yes, now. We are planning your debut in one year and a half. There will be around 6 songs for your first album", Dunwoo said. "Okay ...", you silently sighed then looked at Yonghwa secretly when the three of them started to discuss about the melody.

"Oppa! When can i go home?", you whispered. "When you're done with this thing. You can have a break for 10 minutes. Want me to go out and buy coffee?", Yonghwa asked.

You nodded. "Ice mocha with chocolate chip and whipped cream!", you beamed. "Arasso", Yonghwa chuckled and went out. You looked through the lyrics once again.

It's about a guy and a girl that's in a relationship but the guy have to do something much more important so he have to leave the girl. So basically, it's a sad song.

You glanced over to the three people that's in charge for your album. They all seemed so serious. *Is this the life for idols? Working very hard to impress their fans eventhough it's way past midnight?*

Your mind started to drift off to Hoya. You have a dozen of questions in your mind. What is he doing right now? Did he eat yet? Does he miss you? You scooted closer to Dunwoo.

"Um, excuse me. Sorry to interrupt but .. Can I have my, um, phone back? l have someone important to call", you said, full of hope. "Yes, sure", Dunwoo said and fished around his pocket and gave the phone to you.

You smiled gratefully at him and went through all of your messages. *Wow. There's 20 of them.* You read the first one. It's from Hoya. *Maybe this is the message i saw earlier..*

“What are you doing? I'm bored~” And another one, “Why are you not replying? Are you that busy?” And another one,

“Call or text me as soon as you're not busy, arasso? Or I won't talk to you anymore” You silently laughed.

*Hoya oppa is so cute!* You began typing a message to reply him.

“I finally have a 10 minutes break! I'm sorry i didn't reply to your messages, oppa. I was really busy. I have to read lyrics, understand it and catch up with the mood and now we're working with the melody. I'll call you when I'm home, okay?”

You inserted a heart sign at the end of the message and smiled as you pressed Send. You looked through the others.

There are several messages from Minho saying that he misses you and the house is so quiet. There are also several messages from BAP and Infinite, wishing you good luck.

You grinned, touched with their concern towards you. You replied to each one of them and pressed Send. Yonghwa came in through the door and placed your Ice Mocha on the coffee table infront of you.

"Thank you", you smiled sweetly at him. He nodded and gulped down his bottle of water. "Are they always so serious?", you asked Yonghwa while looking at the three people across you.

"Yeah. It's always like this. They want the best for their idols and company", Yonghwa said. So for the next 6 hours, you were discussing about how the melody should be.

By the time you've finished, it was past midnight. All four pair of arms stretched upwards. [Except Yonghwa because he don't have anything to do with this :) ]

"Are we done for today ...?", you tiredly asked. They nodded. "Yeah. You can go now and we'll start practicing for it tomorrow. Make sure you're here exactly at 7.30am", Dunwoo said.

You mentally sighed and nodded. "Thank you for today! You all worked hard", you sincerely smiled and met Yonghwa outside. "Oh. You're done. I'll send you home now", he said and started walking towards the elevator and you followed him from behind.

The process are the same for the next few weeks and time flies so fast without you noticing it. It's been a month now and you didn't have a chance to meet Hoya and the rest.

You've talked to Hoya a few times after your training but that's around 2 in the morning and Hoya have classes the next day so you decided not to bother him much.

After a month of working on the album, you've finally learned your first song and it's choreography. The song that you're going with for your debut is a ballad song with a poweful voice of yours.

You're working with the third song out six. Miracally, Dunwoo gave you a day off after the whole month working hard on your album.

You woke up 10 in the morning and sighed in relief. *Eventhough it's only a day break, I don't care... I'm tired.* You made your way to the bathroom and showered.

After washing up, your stomach suddenly hurts. You winced in pain and clutched your stomach while lying on the bed. "Oww! Why does it hurt?", you painfully asked yourself.

You felt something wet on your pants and bolted up. "My ... Period!", you dashed to your drawer and took a pad and ran to the bathroom. You walked out of the door feeling relieved but your stomach are at it again.

"Oh ... God", you muttered. Suddenly, your phone rang. You slowly reached for the phone on your bed-side table and answered it. "Y-yeah..?", you winced.

"Yeojin? You okay?", Hoya asked. "Um, yeah. I'm fine. Why?" "You told me yesterday you'll have a day break right? Wanna go out? It's been such a long time since our last date", he chuckled.

You mentally groaned. *Why now? I hate you period!* "Um, I can't. I, uh ...", you were at loss of words. "Oh, that's okay. Bye", Hoya hung up and smiled.

He walked up to your gate and rang the door bell. You sighed. *l ruined our date.. I wish I have the courage to tell him I have stomach cramps.*

You thought as the pain came up again. The maid opened the auto-gate and Hoya walked up the front porch. "Um, is Yeojin here?", Hoya asked. The maid nodded.

"She's upstairs. You can go up there", she led Hoya inside and closed the door. Meanwhile, Minho heard the door bell and went out of his room to check who it was.

He was bored to death. He knew you were having a day break but he don't want to disturb you since he knew how tired you are every morning he saw you. "Oh. You", Minho said. Hoya smiled.

"Hey. Is Yeojin in her room?", Hoya asked. "Yeah. I'll go check on her first", Minho walked to your door and knocked on it. He heard groans and poked his head around the door since it was unlocked.

"Yeojin-ah? Hoya came and — Yah! What's wrong with you?", he asked and walked to you, clutching your stomach in pain. Since you knew Minho your whole life, you felt comfortable telling him this.

"Period pain....", you winced. "Oh. Hoya came by the way. But I'll hang out with him for the time-being", he said, walking slowly towards the door. He felt disappointed though.

Since it's December, he have to go back to New York in two weeks time and he felt worse when he can't spend Christmas with you. "Is she okay? l heard you shouting", Hoya asked worriedly.

"She have cramps", Minho said. Hoya looked confused. "What cramps?" "Do you have a sister?", Minho asked. "No. A younger brother", he said. Minho nodded.

"Oh. That's why. She can't go out for awhile. Not until.. um, in an two hours time", Minho said. "Why?"

"She's in her period. Anyway, let's have a talk shall we? l want to know you better and why do you like my cousin", Minho said and made his way towards the practice room on the third floor. Hoya looked even more confuse than before.

*This guy is so creepy.*