Friends

From Normal To SuperStar

When the party was over, your parents asked Daehyun to take you somewhere. "Where should i take her?", Daehyun asked. "Anywhere you like", your mom gave him a mysterious smile.

"Oh, and make sure send her before 11 or i won't trust you anymore", your dad warned. Daehyun chuckled. "Arasso. I'll take good care of her". "So ... What now? I've threw the garbage away", you walked and stood beside Daehyun. "Follow me. There's this place i want to show you." Daehyun smiled softly.

"Really?! What about the view? Is it beautiful?" you said excitedly. "Very. Trust me. Lets go!" Daehyun grabbed your wrist and ran. Your parents smiled. "Aren't they cute together?" your mom asked your dad.

"Umm, yeah. l wonder who his parents are". "We'll meet them later. Right now, its time for our honeymoon. Come on", your mom hugged your dad around his waist and walked along the beach.

"So, how's the event today? Like it?" Daehyun asked, full of hope. "Like it?! I love it! Its the best birthday ever. The truth is, i've never had a birthday party before... My parents are always busy with their work and spent most of my birthday with friends or alone", you said, sadly.

"Same. My brother and l never had a proper birthday party. We did. When we're little" "You know what? We have a lot in common!" "I know right?" He chuckled. *Is it fate?...* "Where are we going?" you asked.

"A place where i always go to when i'm alone. The only one that know the place exist is me. But .. since we're friends .. i'll let you know", he winked. You smiled, gratefully.

But you felt something meaningful behind his words. Both of you kept on walking for awhile. "How big is your resort?" you asked, out of breath. "You have no idea. My dad always expand the resort every year. We're here."

Daehyun stopped. You looked around. "O...kay... Here, where? It's a badminton court. You spent most of your time here?" To you surprise, Daehyun laughed. "You're looking at the wrong place! Its behind you but we have to walk a little bit further. That's why it's a secret place." He winked.

"Oh, okay. Haha." you laughed awkwardly. *Idiot.* You shake your head and followed Daehyun. "Woah! We're going on top of the hill? The view must be really beautiful." you said excitedly.

"Yup. Oh,wait." Daehyun quickly ran towards you and covered your eyes. "It's actually part of your birthday present from me. Hope you like it. Now, walk." Daehyun slightly pushed to. "You are weird. .... In a good way."

You smiled. Daehyun gazed at down at you smiled. "Okay! On the count of 3, i'm gonna open your eyes and you have to act like you're surprise. Arasso?" You laughed out loud. "Arasso~" "1... 2... 3!"

Daehyun put down his hand. You tried to figure out where are you right now and as soon as your eyes was fixed with the surrounding, you gasped. "Its ... beautiful." "That was a good surprise act."

Daehyun laughed. "No, really. It's awesome." The view was really breath-taking. Below the hill, you can see houses,highways and you can even hear the cars driving and honking. "The stars are so beautiful tonight, aren't they? Perfect timing."

Daehyun smiled. "So, this is where you spent most of your time..." "Yeah. Not the badminton court." You laughed. "That's one present. Another one to go."There's more?", you asked, touched.

"I don't know if you'll like it but .. here." Daehyun handed you a small velvet box. "Can i open it now?" "Yes. I want to see if you'll like it or not and if you don't .. i'll change it right away!" You opened the box and your eyes widened. "Oppa! It's pretty."

Daehyun took the necklace out and clasped it around your neck. "It does look pretty on you. I've made an excellent choice!" He grinned widely. You hugged him and once again, Daehyun's body stiffened.

*Oh,god. What's wrong with me?! Why am i such a coward?* "Thank you,Daehyun oppa. For everything." "Y-you're welcome." You released him and smiled up at Daehyun. "Yeojin-ah. Can we .. be friends?"

"We ARE friends, silly." "Oh. Really?" Daehyun asked. You shook your head and playfully slapped his arm. "Yeah. Pabo", you stucked out your tongue at him. "Yah! No one call me pabo before!"

"Well, looks like i'm the first one. Victory!" You began running around the hill when Daehyun tried to catch you. His legs are longer and faster, by a split second, he grabbed your waist and both of you stumbled down. You and Daehyun laughed but stopped abruptly. "Uh ...", you trailed off.

You was on top of him and both your legs were tangled together. "I-i should get off", you sttuted. "Y-yeah.." *Thank god it's night. Or she would have see my red face.* Right on cue, your phone rang. "Yoboseyo?" "Yeojin-ah. Where are you? It's 10.45! Come back right this instance. l know you're having fun with your almost-to-be boyfriend but i'm sorry. You have to come back."

You gasped causing Daehyun to look over curiously. You smiled and waved it over like nothing's wrong. "Umma! He's not my almost-to-be boyfriend! We're friends. Just. Friends." you whispered. "Why are you whispering?... Anyway, arasso! Come here fast. We have to do something tomorrow in the morning." "Fine.. I'm hanging up." You heaved a relief sigh. "What's up?" Daehyun asked.

"Huh? Nothing. l have to go back..." "Oh, okay. I'll walk you there." You nodded gratefully at him. You're slightly scared of the dark. Moreover, it's an unfamiliar place. You walked beside Daehyun and suddenly, you felt a pang of peace and your life will totally change in the future. *I'm not sure if it's good or bad ...*