The Day

From Normal To SuperStar

The day of the competition came. You was really nervous, beads of sweat began forming on your forehead. Who won't be nervous when it's their first time performing in front of hundreds of people?

Hoya came up to you and wiped the sweat away with a tissue. "Don't be nervous. Just relax and enjoy okay?", he smiled softly and hugged you comfortingly.

You hugged him back, glad to have someone that are here to make you feel okay. "Guys! Are you ready?", Sungyeol asked walking towards you and Hoya backstage, with the rest of Infinite.

"Absolutely! But, um, Yeojin's nervous..", Hoya said. "Aww, don't be! Just think of this as something fun and it will all be okay", he said and grinned at you. You smiled back and nodded.

"Oh, yeah. What about your back-up dancers? Where are they?", Dongwoo asked. "Don't worry. l asked someone from the dance department and they willingly said yes", Hoya beamed.

"Thanks", you smiled trying to make your nervousness to go away. Just then, Tiffany and the rest of her friends walked passed by you but suddenly, she stopped and turned her head to look at you.

"Nervous? Haha. I hope you forgot ALL of your dance steps and screwed up out there. It will be a great show! You should try it", Tiffany smirked and walked away.

Her friends looked back at you with an apologetic smile. Infinite narrowed their eyes at Tiffany. "Don't mind her. She's probably jealous", Sunggyu scoffed. "Hey", Daehyun came up beside you and smiled.

"Hey", you replied. BAP was there with .. a girl you've never seen before. "Um, this is Kim Soyoung. She'll be my dance partner for Troublemaker", Daehyun introduced her to you and Infinite.

Hoya nodded knowingly. He knew about this before. Soyoung had been to their house several times to practice with Daehyun. "Oh, annyeong! I'm Choi Yeojin", you smiled and Soyoung smiled back.

"It's nice to meet you. l hope we can be friends!", she said brightly. You laughed. *l think we can. l already like her..* You thought and your nervousness slipped away bit by bit while talking to her.

"She is so nice! l hope we can be best friends!", you said to Hoya after BAP and Soyoung went to the dressing room to get ready. Hoya smiled, glad that you finally found a girl friend instead of guys.

"That's great. Hey, come on. We have to get ready now, the competition will start in an hour", he said and interwined both of your hands together and walked to the dressing room.

You wore your specially designed black and purple outfit. It fits you perfectly and showed your perfect curves. You walked out and saw 6 other people wearing the same outfit as you but theirs are all black.

"Are you guys my back-up dancers?", you asked. They nodded awkwardly. Did the most beautiful girl in college talked to them?! "Cool! Thanks for helping me out. Did you guys practice a lot?"

They nodded. Again. You felt like talking all by yourself so you just smiled and them and went to the make up artist. After an hour of quick make up and fixing your hair, it's finally done and there's 15 more minutes till the real battle start.

You found out that you're the 8th performer out of 12 other performers. Infinite came out of their dressing room wearing all white. Hoya's outfit caught your eyes.

He was wearing a hip hop sort of cap with sleeveless white top and black jeans. Hip hop style. It really does look good on him. "Nice body~ Uh, i mean, nice outfit... Haha", Woohyun awkwardly laughed while trying to avoid Hoya's death glare.

Sungyeol nudged him and rolled his eyes. "Thanks! You guys looked great too", you smiled. "Who looks better?", Myungsoo suddenly asked. You tapped your chin eventhough you obviously knew the answer before.

"Hoya oppa", you beamed and Hoya quickly came up to you giving you a kiss on the cheek. Infinite pretend to vomit and Dongwoo was trying to "catch his breath".

You laughed at their expression. "When will you guys perform?", you asked. The rest of Infinite brightened. "WE'RE THE FIRST ONE TO PERFORM!", they yelled as if that's the best thing in the whole wide world.

"The first one and you guys are happy?!", your eyes widened. "Yeah. Who wouldn't be happy? You don't have to watch the others peform before you. That will only make you more nervous", Sungyeol said.

*That makes sense..* You nodded as your dance coach walked on stage and there were a loud applause from the audience. "Here we go~", Dongwoo grinned and watched from behind the curtain along with the rest of performers.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, parents and teachers! Are you all ready for our 10th Annual Concert?!", Mr Jang bellowed throught microphone and everyone cheered loudly.

*The nervous feeling is back~* You thought and took a few deep breaths to calm yourself.

"As usual, you're gonna see our talented students performed. They've been practicing day and night for this, putting a lot of hard work. The prize for this year will be a big one. There will be 3 winners chosen. Now let's not talk about the prizes and let's give it up for INFINITE!". The audience went wild.

This is how it is from the previous years. They love Infinite a lot and Infinite will always be on first place. "Goodluck oppas!", you pulled two thumbs up and they nodded with huge grin plastered on their faces.

They looked so happy and excited to be on stage. Infinite went to their arranged places and waited for the music to start. Once the music started they start dancing powerfully and you just stared them, amazed.

They were all in perfect synchronization! Every angles are the same. *That's why people like them a lot...* You thought. You watched as Hoya danced. His moves are so strong and poweful, his body moving exactly with the flow of the music.

When they were done, everyone began clapping madly and you realized you're one of them too. Clapping like they are no tomorrow. Even the backstage area turned wild. Woohyun began throwing hearts here and there.

Infinite formed a straight line and bowed 90 degrees. *Too bad they don't actually want to be idols.. They are all so good.* You grinned when Infinite walked backstage. They were talking silmutaneously, obviously happy about their performance.

"Hyung! We were dancing and you even have a time to throw hearts?!", Sungyeol asked in disbelief. "l always got time to throw hearts~ Especially to Yeojin-ah", he grinned and started throwing hearts to you.

You laughed and pretended to catch his hearts. Hoya stormed over and took your hands, erasing all Woohyun's "hearts" from your hands. "Germs. Germs everywhere", he muttered while erasing it with his own sweaty hands.

You playfully shoved his hands away and took a tissue nearby then rubbed his sweat. "Aww, i wish i have a girlfriend~", Dongwoo pouted.

"Your girlfriend is your dinasour. Hey! Yeojin-ah, wanna know something? Hyung, he ... mph!", Dongwoo put his hand over Myungsoo's mouth to keep him from spilling his embarassing secret.

Dongwoo sleep with his green dinasour every night and he will never, EVER, let go of it. "You tell her that, i'll tell her your weird sleeping habits", Dongwoo threatened. Myungsoo shoved his hands away.

"Arasso! Aish", he stormed over at Sungyeol and played rock,paper,scissors with him instead. You shook and your head and laughed. *Immature oppa.*

The competition continued until it's finally, FINALLY, your turn to go on stage. Hoya gave you a kiss on the cheek, wishing you luck along with the rest of Infinite.

BAP came and wished you luck. Daehyun smiled softly at you and nodded his head with a thumb out. You smiled back and climbed up the stairs towards your first performance.