I Love You

That XX

The morning bliss greeted her fair white skin. It was another day filled with ended classes, but, she didn't cared about it. Because it means it will be another day where she could be with Seung Ri every break time and she could chat with him in the library after classes like they always do and also the unmissable sweet texts during classes that she always anticipates especially when she's bored in class. She fixed her hair and smiled at her reflection, she made sure that her reflection was perfect that not even one strand of hair was messy. She wanted to be more pretty in the eyes of the guy she loves.

"Hey! Hurry up will you?!" The impatient voice of her friend that was cramming to get all her things for school ready, had again echoed in their room for the 5th time already.

"Okay, okay. I'm done already, lets go!" She stood up from her seat and grabbed her bag.

"Finally after 10 years of staring at yourself infront the mirror, were finally going to class." Her friend said sarcastically but she only giggled at her fierce friend as she closed the door to their room. 

"Hurry up!" Her friend grabbed her hand and together they ran to their class. And silently prayed to thank God when they  found out they just arrived in time before the teacher entered their classroom.

Their normal class routine went on and Dara was getting bored already. She kept on yawning. 

"Hey" She jumped a little from her seat when CL poked her back with a pen since she's sitting behind Dara.

"What?" She asked her not turning around but leaning backward closer to CL so she could hear her.

"Stop yawning or our teacher will kill you." She whispered to her which earned them sweet silent giggles from each other.

"I know." With that she leaned back to her original position when suddenly her cellphone vibrated. She was excited to see the text for she knew who it was from.

/1 New Text Message/

She opened the text.

/From Jiyong/

And to her dismay, it wasn't the person she was expecting to get the text from. But still she was glad someone texted her because the boredom was already killing her inside.

She read the text meassage.

/Meet me now. At the back of the school building. It's urgent./

She was confused and rather unsure of what to do about the text. But she knows that this guy wont text her something like this unless it's serious. And by the look of the text, it was really serious. So she raised her hand to get the attention of her teacher. 

"Yes Ms. Park?" Their theacher asked her.

"Umm.. Excuse me, but can I go to the Bathroom Mr. Jung?" She asked afraid for this teacher is the most strick among the rest of their other teachers.

"Okay. You may go." That made Dara smile really wide. She couldn't really believe that Mr. Jung allowed her to go out and leave class.

After going out of their classroom she ran straight to their meeting place. She was running so she could come back to class quickly too, so that Mr. Jung won't suspect of her lying on her reason to go out of class.

She saw Jiyong leaning against the wall and stopped right in front of her. Putting her hands on her knees and bending forward catching her breathe from running from the third floor of the building down to the back of the building.

She stood up and wiped her sweat on her forehead. "So, what is it that you need to tell me?" She asked but he didn't answer her, he was to busy staring at her face that is now slightly red from all the running which complimented her pink lips.

"Ah.. Um.." She raised her yebrows at him. Maybe wondering why is he stuttering.

"I'm sorry." He said and looked down.

"What are you sorry for?" She was confused of her friend's actions.

"For kissing you the other day." He looked up to her, looking at what her reaction might be. But to his shockment, she only smiled at him.

"It's okay, like you siad, you didn't mean it." She beamed at him. "If that's all, I'm going back to my class now." With that, she turned around. Only to be stopped by Jiyong.

"Wait, there's something else I want to tell you." He said holding her wrist. She then turned aroud to face him and he released his grip from her wrist.

"Actually I should have told you this years ago," He started and Dara was totally clueless of what he's trying to say.

"About what?" 

"About me lo...lo.." He couldn't say it. He was afraid to say it.

"Lo what?"

"I love you." He finally said it and instantly he looked down afraid to see her reaction. But the athmosphere was totally awkward and quiet. She couldn't believe what her friend, bestfriend, was telling her. Is he confessing? Well yes he is. He only found the courage to do it when he got fed up with his own pain and conscience by just being in the background always.

"What are you saying?" Her eyes was still on her friend.

"I said I love you, I love you from a very long time ago. May be even when we were just kids." He looked up to her and their eyes met but not in a romantic way rather in a awkward and desperate way.

"But, Ji Yong... I don't feel that way to you. You know that I am going out with someone right now don't you? You know I can't accept your feelings even if you say you didn't mean your feelings to be that way like you said you didn't mean to kiss me because your feelings is a lot more complex than what you did to me yesterday. And since then,when we were still kids, you know that the three of us incluing Chae Rin had a special friendship, that only us have. And what I think of you, is only to the extent of that Friendship. Nothing more and nothing less." She told him looking straight to his eyes, seriousness could be heard in her voice. It was painful for he to say those things to Jiyong but it was more painful for him to hear those things from her. Even though he experinces heart breaks from everyday looking at her being happy with Seung Ri, this has got to be the most painful of all.

"I know. I just wanted you to know." that was the only words he could say and he looked down, afraid that this girl could see his tears fall down to the ground.

"I'm sorry, but Jiyong, let's just forget that this ever happened and just go back to the way we are okay?" She smiled at him.

"Okay" Even though it hurts he has to accept her offer rather than go away from her and never talk to her again, because he knows he would die if that happens. 

"Okay, now, I have to go back to my class." She dashed off to the stairs and left him alone.

"Is it really that easy to turn down my feelings? And to just forget this happened?" He asked himself as he looked up to the sky and at the same time a tear escaped from his eyes.