Seven

An Unexpected Boyfriend

 

7.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

Hana woke up to the irritating beams of sunlight that landed on her face through the unclosed windows that let the light in through thin, pale blue curtains. With a series of frustrated muttering, she finally had the ability to sit straight up. Stretching here and there with her eyes closed, she kept yawning for a long period of time.

 

"I think I need to get myself vitamins," Hana hoarsely reminded herself. She then dragged her fingers accross her face, only to have oil gathered in her hands. "Ughh," she grunted in disgust after opening her eyes. Realizing she had the same clothes from last night, she shook her head in disapproval, then grabbed a random hairtie and pulled her hair up in a tight, Korean bun.

 

She yawned again before finally standing up to look at herself at the mirror. She stood in front of the full-sized mirror beside her bed. "Everyday a mess," she stated. Her eyes immediately widened at the sight of an unfamiliar blue and gold scarf that seemed to have kept her neck warm since last night. Hana harshly removed the expensive-looking (of course, it's Kris' after all) garment off her neck and threw it to a random corner in her room.

 

"THAT CONCEITED KRIS!" She blurted out in a hoarse, morning voice.

 

She continued to glare at the nonliving thing as if it was him, as if it he didn't give her any help at all. Well if it was him, she would've done more. She would've stomped on it with those never-worn, killer heels her Aunt had given her before she went to Seoul, then she wouldn't cease until all that flawlessness, together with his cockiness goes away. Yeah, something like that could happen if it was him.

 

She shook her head at such thoughts. It's too early to be negative, ain't it? "Seven thirty." She read the garnet red digital clock on the bedside table. She smiled and I still have time to sleep... I need to sleep... She closed the windows and rolled down the thicker, darker layer of curtains from above. She smiled at the thought of a better rest and sat back on the bed.

 

Two minutes later, Hana started dozing off, but before she could close her eyes and drift off to sleep, her wonderful brain started to picture outv what happened yesterday...

 

※ ※ ※

 

          "Hey, who's the hot blonde there?" Amber asked in English and nudged Hana's arm, making her frown because her skilled slicing came to a stop. Amber Liu... She gave Amber a nasty glare before continuing with what she was doing. "I didn't see a golden-haired female tonight," Hana answered, totally uninterested with Amber's eyes for foreigners.

 

Amber rolled her eyes. Just how clueless can Hana get? "What? Yeah, there's none," she coughed then cleared for Hana to be seeethed. "What are you saying, girl? I'm talking about that golden-haired MALE who is certainly following your every move." She chided and picked up another purple knife nearby, slicing what she needed to.

 

"Eh?" Hana turned her head to look at her. Amber giggled, then she signaled a table outside with a nod, Hana spun around and saw Kris; emotionless as ever, staring at her with his usual harsh, hateful and frigid eyes. She arched her eyebrows and angrily stared back at him. What the hell is he looking at? She wanted to ask that to him but her work said no... and Kris was to be blamed for all of this.

 

Kris realized she was giving him the look of abhor so he shrugged. As if you're cute to look at. He looked away and scanned at the people eating rowdily, messily and noisily. Most of the men there were real grown-ups who made women in little clothing make such shrilly noises that he doesn't approve hearing nor seeing at night; which made Kris ponder for a while, She doesn't serve this kind of people right? She's in the kitchen always, isn't she?

 

He shrugged at thoughts that seemed to get into him, why would he mind? He glanced down and pulled a white iPhone 5 out of his hooded jet-black jacket, thinking of what better ways to kill time than think about things his brain won't be needing nor wanting.

 

 

 

          "I really really hope you burn your tongue." Hana confessed as she carefully placed the sizzling bowl of goodness in front of the young man. She sat down later and waited for him to eat. He looked up and placed his phone back in the pockets of his jacket. The food seemed to belong in Kris' mouth, or more like, Hana's cooking seemed to belong in Kris' delight.

 

I'm only looking at it... but it's so pleasing. He thought. "How sluggish of you." He glanced at the iPhone and gritted his teeth. "You took fifty minutes." He revealed and later sighed. "I hope you realize that I don't like waiting." He added after a long sigh that made Hana shudder. "Stop talking and eat." Hana drawled with eyes enlarged, as if telling him a warning. Hana wasn't planning on wasting energy to contradict him so she completely ignored him so he picked up the chopsticks and stirred on the stew.

 

He was all ready to take it in but he insisted on one impossible question at Hana before eating. "You don't usually poison beautiful men, don't you?" Hana's jaw dropped at his narcissistic question. She only blinked at such attitude. She didn't know such of a guy could exist. Sure, she can justify why she hates all males in planet Earth and dig into all their fouls and problems, but she thought only his father was as despicable for a man... how wrong of her.

 

"Right?" Kris whispered, snapping Hana out of her reverie. She looked away as her shoulders dropped in mere hate for him. "Beauti-psh, that's- you're being so inane right now." She sputtered and gazed at the other people in the many tables who seemed to be in a high extent of jubilation compared to the table she was situated at.

 

"Inane's not the right word to describe me, Hannah." He looked at her, and smiled when he realized she was all angered and ready to burn his body into ashes. The way this girl act always surprised Kris, but he never fails to hide that astonishment occuring in him when it comes to Hana and what impossiblities he can do and does for this stupid bet. He took one last glance at her before smirking and nearing the food once more.

 

 

 

          She sure cooks well. Kris finished the bowl without a single word, and the second plate, and third one he ordered. Hana didn't care whether he liked it or not, or what else he'll tell her to cook. She'll do so. I will because I should, it's not like I, Hanna Lee, wants to. Her brain wasn't at the mood to process any cheesy incentives like what you're probably imagining of now. Hana looked down with a gulp. Her unpleasant-looking-and-smelling hair fell in an indescribably perfect way so it covered her face without trying. Her left hand was clutched onto the apron she was wearing as she noticed how her right hand trembled. The hand which is always at work...

 

Always sick and shaking at weekends, what's new? She felt like dropping on the cold floor any moment from now. With the back of her calm, left hand, she caressed her neck because she felt hot and terrible by the moment; she knew she was ill... again.

 

Kris chomped the last piece of meat from the grilled chicken salad placed on a white plate. He dropped the chopsticks down and looked up at Hana who wasn't even laying her eyes on him since hours ago. Heck, he wasn't surprised by now, nor was he caring or anything, but he couldn't stop being observant with the recent touches she does with herself. What's wrong? She's sick?

 

"Yah," Kris called. Hana looked up with sickly eyes and with a faint, uncertain smile on those pale, chapped lips. Did she just smile? Why did she smile? Maybe because she thinks it can cover up her weak state- no, it actually made Kris think of the obvious. Kris is beyond the word: smart; everyone knows that.

 

He wiped his mouth with a couple of table napkins nearby, then sipped a little bit of the pineapple juice near to his lips. Hana sat straight and clicked her heels. She got ready for a lazy trudge to to the kitchen again. "Do you want the chicken barbeque or the pork this time-" Kris stood up and grabbed on Hana's arm, stopping her from talking.

 

Her head immediately shot up the moment Kris made her stand up. With those hazel brown orbs ready to drop, she spoke: "You do realize you can't go to the kitchen too, right?" she weakly babbled. Kris rolled his eyes as his hands make its way to her sides. Hana froze for a few seconds, opened a little. What is he up to?

 

"Hey, aren't we gonna talk about these terms and conditions?" Hana reminded, Kris refused to give her an answer, that could wait. "There's Sunday for that." He reasoned. "I don't want to see you tomorrow...or any day." She stood still there.

 

Kris smirked. "Well unfortunately, you're fated to." He untied the apron ties on her back and removed it after what seemed like an eternity. He dropped the purple apron on the chair and yanked her wrist towards his body. "I'm taking you home." Hana's eyes slightly widened, he glared holes through Kris' chest. "That's impossible. I still have an hour and a lot more here-"

 

"Ahjumma, Hannah is sick. Since she is, she's free to go home, right?" Kris fastly asked as he faced the counters. He was being all hasty and in a hurry, as if Hana would die right then and there. Mrs. Kim marveled at such height and nodded slowly, glancing once in a while at Hana who stared at the ground. "You have all the right to decide so." She smiled and handed a purple envelope to Kris. "Give this to your girlfriend."

 

Kris glanced at it before reaching out for it. "What is this?" Kris asked inaudibly, connoting the strangeness of the article. Mrs. Kim smiled, she surmised Hana wasn't telling her boyfriend her stuff yet. "Her illness should be gone the moment she sees it." She said instead of a direct answer. Kris, very impatient, although he wanted a convincing answer, nodded in response but didn't even bow. He turned around, a bit confused and started walking towards the exit. But realizing no presence seemed to follow him, he turned around again; only to find a girl having her hung low.

 

"Yah..." Kris impatiently stared at her, tugging on the straps of her bag on his back.

 

It's happening again... Hana felt a whirlwind of sickness wrap around her body. She wasn't startled, nor did she panic, she was used to this kind of feeling everytime she has to sneak out for work. Maybe it sounds really insensible but what can a poor girl like her do? She finds working enjoyable with smiley people around and she's happy with the cash that tells her she did a good job... a reason why she liked the weekends.

 

"Lee Hannah." Kris called again, this time, calmer and clearer. Hana looked up and kept a tough face on but kept her lips tight and sealed. Hana's eyes were past Kris' shoulders while he searched for his eyes. Kris shook his head. "Kaja?" He asked, taking out his 'caring' hand. Hana shortly nodded before walking past him. What the... She didn't even notice his hand. His hand, which no one dares ignore. Kris Wu's flawless hand, which all females are dying to hold!? Kris blinked as he heard some snickering behind, he even heard Mrs. Kim laugh shortly. He almost turned a noticeable shade of red if he hadn't walked coolly. He gritted his teeth as he finally got out.

 

 

 

          Seeing Hana outside and walking away from the place, he darted towards her and grabbed her shoulders. "YAH!!" He finally errupted as he made her turn around. Hana jumped a little. She raised an eyebrow in response to Kris' intense glaring. "W-wae!? Why are you glaring at me like that?" She stammered.

 

"Why didn't you take my hand!?" He exclaimed rather than asked, Hana wasn't expecting this at all. "What hand?" Hana inquired with those large orbs Kris never noticed, not even knowing what he is talking about. Kris' jaw slightly dropped. "You're heartless!" He snapped before grabbing her arm and forcing her in a taxi that had stopped for both of them.

 

The car's engine started running again. Before the taxi driver could ask where they were going, a loud fight broke in the vehicle. "Do you just go around here, putting guys to shame and going on with your damned life as if it wasn't a big deal?" Kris harshly continued as both of them got inside the car. Hana gasped as Kris comfortably sat so close to her, their arms pressing each other. "Answer me!" He demanded once again. It wasn't a big fuss to her anymore, she'll be experiencing more of this. She felt her system lighten up a bit and she was so ready to give him a come back whatever this meant.

 

Hana tilted her head to the side and sighed, smoothly sitting farther. "Really, I don't know what you're talking about!" All I care is that you won't tell Eomma... She argued as she looked out, tried concentrating on the night traffic; as if that was her job. "But if it's you whom I embarrassed..." Kris glared at her as she smiled mischieviously. I think I will go crazy hearing her continue... He thought, knowing a bit of her mannerisms already.

 

"...then I don't regret it." She told him with those sinister eyes he thinks are dangerous enough for the entire mankind. "I don't." She finished and turned again to look out the streets. Kris scoffed, his expression was bewildered. "Oh, really? You-"

 

"OKAY! OKAY! QUIET NOW." A lighter, old voice broke in. The two younger couple turned to him. "Sorry to interrupt but, where to, Sir, Ma'am?" The middle-aged driver asked with a strained and pleading voice.

 

Kris looked at Hana who told him her address. "I won't let you get away with this." He growled after. "I won't." He smirked, trying to restrain himself from going beyond mad and imitated what she did earlier. With a casual shrug, she rolled her dark eyes and relaxed in the seat. "Try me." 

 

※ ※ ※

 

"Who's conceited?" A cross voice demanded. Hana's eyes shot open. He can't be here! NO! She kept blinking until Kris' flawless face was in view. He was polished, as always. He was looking down at her, his hands casually in his pockets as he angrily raises one thick eyebrow beneath that blond hair of his.

 

Hana tightly shut her eyes closed and hoped for the best; that she was just seeing things, perfect things and that no other presence was in the house beside hers. She heard a short, menacing laugh coming off from a man's mouth. "You think you're cute?" Kris scoffed. "Such a mess."

 

A demon really is in the house... Hana tightened her hold on two huge pillows beside her, then opened her eyes by the time she heard Kris and his disturbing sounds. "Oh, so you have ears too?" He spat. ...and the demon's name is Kris. She sat up and threw the two pillows directly at Kris' face. "WOAH- YAH!!!" Kris yelled as the pillows touched his face. He scrambled and almost lost his balance. Hana roared in laughter. "Serves... you right." She said in between loud cackles.

 

Kris stood straight and grabbed Hana's wrists towards him. She immediately stopped laughing as she felt their faces only inches away. "How ungrateful can you get?" Kris hissed,tightening his grip on Hana's wrists. She glared at him. "Three times necessary when it comes to you." She replied and tried pushing Kris off but he didn't budge. "Let me go!" She shouted.

 

I'm not holding her too harshly. He thought, because he didn't even hear Hana wince in pain. They looked at each other in hate for a long time before Kris finally let go of her. Kris sighed and sat at the edge of Hana's bed while Hana fixed herself. "Your room is really small." He noticed after seconds of scanning around. Though it's tidy...

 

Hana chose to ignore his comment. Then, an alarm went off her head. "How'd you get in?" Kris smiled and flopped himself down Hana's bed- no, his head ended up in Hana's lap. A frown creased Hana's bare forehead as she felt herself tense. Never did a guy enter her room nor do these things to her! "G-GET O-OFF." She faltered, but still sounded cold. She tried wiggling her lap to get him away but Kris only stared at the ceiling as if everythings was alright-heck, Hana probably turned ten shades of red now.

 

"Lee Hannah. Stop trying." Kris set his orbs to hers. Funny how he felt as if he belonged in her space. His hair is soft. Hana gritted her teeth and squared her shoulders, she felt relaxed by the next second. "It's Ha Na for the hundredth time." She corrected. Kris shrugged and neatly folded his arms. She sighed later on, seeing how his obstinacy shows right then and there. "Okay I'm listening, speak." She coldly ordered. Kris let out a long sigh of relief as the girl finally halted. "If you remember, as soon as the taxi stopped, an ill girl immediately dashed off to her house..." Kris paused then frowned. "...leaving me there."

 

Hana grinned. "That's nice." Kris glared at her before continuing. "If I weren't that of a genius enough, I wouldn't have followed you and noticed your keys still on the door's keyhole." He smirked at the pastel-colored ceiling. "That was pretty stupid of you." He said, feeling glorious of himself. Hana pondered for a while and asked herself if she really did that, she was never the kind of girl to be so careless about her and the house' security, especially on weekends when she was the only one in the house.

 

"Jinja?" She softly asked. Kris intently nodded hard. "And again, being the genius I am, I took full responsibility and went in, made sure the house was safe, locked the main door, and the closed the gates then went home." He pointed out, feeling magnanimous as ever. "Wait, made sure the HOUSE, the HOUSE was safe?" Hana's mouth gaped open. "You, you fish!"

 

Okay, fish is mild, I think. Kris laughed. "I kid." Hana blew an irritated raspberry before attacking him with questions again. "So you got the keys?"

 

"Yes."

 

"And you used that to enter my house?"

 

"Obviously."

 

"But your reason for coming is..?"

 

"Terms and conditions." He answered, remembering it in a flash.

Hana frowned. "But that can wait." She complained. Obviously, she didn't want to hear that now. There was still a lot of her stupidity to know.

 

Yeah, what I thougt of yesterday. An unnoticeable curve formed on the corners of his lips. He gulped before speaking. "Okay, to return the keys."

 

"Right. Give it to me."

 

Kris searched for the keys in the left pocket of his trousers. He finally caught it his fingers and lightly tossed it to Hana's bedside table. "There." Hana slightly nodded and softly tapped on Kris' hair. "Now get off and get lost."

 

Kris thought for a while, he asked his genius self if that was the only reason for waking up early and having to go here. He remembered there was still a continuation to articulate. "But then I realized, I still had your bag and most importantly..." Kris stood up, turned around and proudly beamed at her. "...your salaries." Hana's eyes were round as saucers. "OMO!" She shouted. She scrambled to have both of her feet in the floor. She looked at Kris in anxiety, worry and anger to herself. "W-w-where? Kris, you have it, right!?"

 

"Well, yes." He answered. "I n-need it! I need to hide it before Halmeoni and Eomma sees!" She breathed heavily. "Kris, hand it to me now!" She practically shrieked. Kris smirked and lowered his head to meet hers. "I'll give it to you after your shift at the bookstore." He simply said.

 

Hana's eyebrows arched. "What? NO! Now." Kris shook his head. "It's at home." He smiled. "Unless you want to go to my house-" "NO! What nonsense. I never dreamed of coming in any guy's place."  She spat. Kris balled his fists. "Don't be too much of yourself! Why do you hate men so much?"

 

Oh, so I am too much? She gazed at him. "Do you want me to tell you the whole story?" Kris glanced at his watch and shook his head. "No. I still have meetings to attend." He said and turned around to fix himself in the mirror. He started fixing his collar and his sleeves, he also straightened out his tee and socks.

 

Hana thought there was nothing more to contradict, so she plopped herself down her bed and pulled the comforter over her body. "Lock the door, mister."

 

"Mister?" Kris smiled and turned around, he looked at her who yawned and almost too quickly felt sleeping again. "No thank you, good luck, take care?"  He teased and walked towards her bed once more. Hana frowned, closed her eyes and turned her back to Kris who chuckled to himself.

 

He reached for the inside pockets of his blazer and placed some money bills down the bed, together with the tortured scarf he owned. "Don't walk again, ride a taxi, or a bus whatsoever." He calmly said. "Many already know we're together so I don't want seeing you walking on the streets." He turned around and got out of Hana's room.

 

"Oh shut up. Gagawin kong ano'ng gusto ko. (I can do what I want.)" She announced to the entire house later, hating the fact that he was the first person she saw today. And hoped he wouldn't be the last.

 

※ ※ ※

 

"Bye bye, unnie!" Hana waved one last time at Victoria before hopping out of the store with a light heart. The moment she got out of the exit, she felt a cold hand hold her right wrist. "Let me ruin your mood." Kris boomed in a deep voice.

 

Aish. Hana thought and sighed, turmoil was ready to take over her. She bit her tongue and let Kris drag her to wherever (if that's a word).

 

"Where are we going?" She inquired after seconds of walking behind him. "I still have the second job if you remember, so give it to me immediately." She mentioned. Kris nodded and shoved her quickly inside a van. "Remember, you are Kris Wu's girlfriend." He sassed and encouraged her in.

 

She groaned as she entered the glossy vehicle. Looking up, she saw the five handsome friends of Kris. They looked incredibly neat and crisp like Kris. Three of them smiled, while two looked at her unbelievingly. "The hell!?" She hollered in shock.