One

An Unexpected Boyfriend


1.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

With a smile, Lee Hana, who was in the right amount of positive attitude, got out the gates of her little house. She was usually up really early when she's thrilled and eager to start the day; and to start another expedition in life. Today, she will be really early for school.

 

Being greeted by the cool breeze of wind and hints of mild sunshine, she grinned and inhaled deeply. High school is going to be great in Korea... in Seoul... in Seoul Arts- her thoughts were cut off when her mother called her.

 

"Hanna Lee!" The one being called turned around and saw her sweating mother approach her in doubled steps. "Hn?" Hana's eyebrows raised as she smiled at her mom. "Are you always forgetful, Hana?" Her mother questioned, but the older woman smiled anyway so the case wasn't that bad.

 

Hana's forehead creased, she is usually like this when she's totally clueless. "Huh? What do you mean?" She asked back in a mumbling manner, confused. Her mother pulled her nearer and made her turn around. "Don't you ever forget your food again." She scolded in a low tone as she opened her daughter's purple and black backpack.

 

She rolled her eyes. "Kailangan pa ba talaga yan, ma?" (Is that really necessary, mom?) I have money to buy lunch at school, though... Her mother tapped her nose as she spun around. "Naman! (Of course!) You know we're saving." Her mother forced a smile, and straightened out any folds there were in her uniform as if she was a preschooler.

 

Hana nodded. We definitely are... "Arasso."

 

※ ※ ※

 

Finding her very own room in less than four minutes, she finally stopped walking around. A soft sigh escaped from her lips, "Good work, flatsies." She mumbled lowly and glanced at her old yet still dependable shoes. Yes, she has this odd habit of talking to nonliving stuff. She'd rather talk to those all day than to be on clash with twice as bizarre people; especially guys.

 

slightly opened as she entered the neat and normal looking room. She was the first one to enter, the first one to arrive. "I expected better, though." Her lips tugged on a small, unconvinced smile, I guess only the richest and smartest ones are in those best rooms...

 

She skidded to a seat in the corner where everything would be easy for her. Why? Well, she feels like it so let her be. Her head was starting to fall down the plastic chair so she decided to be on a nap since she realized there was still plenty of time to do so before classes and whatelses start.

 

Noises... talks... squeaks and hi-fives...
She was half-awake, but stayed on the same position as if she was uninterested with everything.

 

Little by little, she heard the noises growing. She didn't really pay attention because she knew it was just her classmates (and no one was taking note of her so why should she?). She never wanted to mingle oh-so-quickly. She didn't want to be 'feeling close' (she learned that in Philippines, by the way), neither did she want to be in collision with anyone on this day.

 

"KYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~" Someone, no, a lot of girls screamed. Hana immediately shot up and stared at the female students who were rushing out. There were also males. She thought ceremonies were gonna start.

 

But what's with the unnecessary fuss?

 

"Uh, so ill-sounding! W-what's happening?" She complained as if someone would reply to her. She looked at the desk and found no teacher. She glanced at her watch. Just how early am I?

 

More girly shrieks were heard, and you didn't like it. Everyone in different rooms were on a mess. It seemed like something or someone worth their lungs arrived. What's up? I should go see too...

 

Hana followed the ruckus. The students in their best attires and polished looks were going down the stairs; actually; they approached the gates as if they badly wanted to welcome someone. She stopped, her legs were too tired to go down, and she wasn't all keyed up like anyone else down there.

 

She continued to watch and listen to whatmore. "Ottokae? Am I pretty enough?" One girl asked her mates; she raised an annoyed eyebrow at this. What the hell is exactly going on now? A beauty pageant or Miss Campus something?-oh wait, they don't have that here.

 

There were a lot more nags. Oppa oppa here, gege gege there. Is this what I am to encounter every single day? Oh please no. She shook her head and prepared to walk out but the screams were thrice louder now. It was then that she finally understood what the commotion was all about: boys.

 

She rolled her eyes at this, at the foolish and dreamy teenagers scattered all over. So there are scenes in real life like this? She turned her eyes to the guys. To the six guys who seem to have the school grounds like a ramp. They were walking with friendly faces except for one. One who didn't seem to care.

 

He looks handsome from here, I bet he's not up-close. I bet they're not. She chortled loudly (one of unlikeable practices too) and clicked her tongue. So not into them. Not into one of them, I must add.

 

One of the guys spotted Hana who had a nonchalant visage amongst all others. He elbowed the tallest, "Hyung, look." He lazily brought his eyes up and saw her who didn't even have her eyes on him, on any of them. She was looking away and being so idle, she wasn't even that cute from afar.

 

Is she new?-wait,  is she kidding me, Kris Wu? Doesn't she find me very, super y enough? 

 

 

※ ※ ※

 

 

The first morning wasn't so bad, it wasn't really. Just because her classmates looked rich doesn't mean they were stuck-up. Most of them were actually good to her, and pretty much good listeners when she had her introduction.

 

That class is different, I guess... They understood she was from a broken family even if she had a hard, hard time talking about herself. 

 

Lunch had came. And she never new her drinks and words would bring her bad luck. Bad, bad luck.

 

"New student?" The old woman said as Hana slowly approached one of the counters of the canteen. She nodded, with a tiny smile on the corner of . "Then what would you want?" The ahjumma pointed to the menu above her.

 

Hana looked up and asked for a cherry vanilla smoothie. The ajhumma smiled, "Do you like chocolate syrup?" She was a bit shocked by her question but she nodded anyway (who doesn't?). "Okay then, I'll put a lot for the new girl." You grinned, "Kamsamnida~"

 

After paying, she got her glass and spun around, she gulped. Students, students everywhere. She bit the insides of her lips, trying to find a table, or at least a convenient seat. She blinked rapidly and walked towards the tables, hoping and hoping to find one.

 

There were empty slots but there were lots of people surrounding and she didn't like it. Later, she grinned; there was one. One which as a little bit obscured from the whole crowd. One table which seemed to have nine chairs. She didn't mind, she was definitely hungry.

 

She sat and opened her bag, pulling out her lunchbox and marveled at the food her wonderful mom prepared. She started digging in and got lost at Foodland, one thing she always enjoys was her mother's cooking; it was daebak.

 

Seconds later, she held her smoothie high and prepared to drink it after chewing her last spoonful of rice. She felt the eyes were turning to her and it made her system stop in silence, it seemed like she was on danger.

 

"Yah! This is our table!" She felt a strong grip on her shoulder that made her upper body turn around, her eyes widened as what was in her hands also moved with the hold, she spilled her smoothie, on someone's pants (expensive looking pants, by the way).

 

Shoot. She looked up at the guy who was holding her shoulder. His expression was dreadful. "Andwae." Luhan mumbled under his breath and held Xiumin's arms. "Is she Korean?" Tao softly asked, Lay frantically shook his head. "Foreigner, I guess." He whispered back. His mates were certain their leader was very angry now.

 

How can someone just spill smoothie on expensive clothes-on the first day of school? His small mouth opened, he then looked at her in hate. She's the girl earlier? Oh. You'll be slaughtered. The way he looked at her was very intimidating. He was like, judging her in abhor. His eyes penetrated her brains that she couldn't speak.

 

She gulped. Hard. She's dead.

 

"What the heck!!?" Kris shouted, Hana flinched and immediately stood up. "I-it was an accident! It wasn't my fault! You surprised me!!" She glared at him back; this made Kris be in complete surprise. She's not apologizing?

 

"Oppa! Gwenchana?" Seohyun ran to Kris, removing his hand from your shoulder and keeping it in hers instead, and started glaring at Hana; but that didn't do her any harm. Hers was stronger than the whole crowd's eyes. "There wasn't a name or anything on the table anyway!" Hana retorted.

 

"Cht." Kris spat, very clearly. "Michigesso? This was clearly our table since last year!" He barked, harshly getting his hand back from Seohyun's. "And I can claim anything I want!" Kris continued, very mad. Hana rolled her eyes and slammed the glass in the table, the other guys seemed to have their jaws dropped now.

 

"Wow." Chen grunted. This is interesting...she is interesting... Now, Hana was all psyched to be in clash with this guy. On the first day of school, when everyone was looking and now disliking her from head to toe. 

 

"Well, I'm not sorry for being new in here!" She grumbled and swiftly grabbed her things and bag, leaving the whole gang there, dumbfounded. The gang who now detests Lee Hana, the new girl.

 

Kris eyes' rounded twice. He couldn't believe it. Moreover, he was deeply embarrassed. "She's... aarrgghhh!!"

 

He glared daggers her way, she'll pay for this.

 

"Grabeh! Nakakainis siya!! (Wow! That guy is surely infuriating!)" She maundered, and got out with a face that cannot be drawn.