Sixteen

An Unexpected Boyfriend

 

16.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

 

Classes were finally done for this boring week. Yep, boring. Hana dryly laughed but made sure no one heard her. (because now, people are already regarding her existence) Oh how sarcasm gets into her smartass brain sometimes.

 

Everyone sprang from their seats in jubilation by the moment the last teacher said, "Dismiss." The thought of another weekend brought nothing but merriment to the haggard students.

 

Yet one girl was quiet.

 

Hana had not lit up like a Christmas tree compared to the others. She wasn't hyped today like anyone else nor was she looking forward to going home. I guess we all know why. She sighed and closed her opened books, piling them after one another. She badly needed to think of possible solutions to her mother and grandmother's unsought plans.

 

Yes, she recalled seeking Kris' help but she thought twice after realizng he did not even care to give her something. I'm thinking you all know what that means, right?

 

His friends are way better than him. She pondered. Well, I don't expect anything from him anyway. She nodded sternly to herself. "His perfect teeth reeks evil-"

 

"Lee Hannah." The familiar calling of her name made Hana stand up with a little frown, showing dismay and hesitation. She didn't even bother to look at him but busied herself instead with gathering such heavy articles in her arms. She stopped halfway when a pair of hands came into view.

 

Time for absurd girlfriend duties... She thought blandly.

 

She wasn't anywhere near startled when her female classmates started squealing like endangered seals. They were gawking at her and Kris while mumbling warbles of which she couldn't decipher if good or bad. And those other schoolmates who had come to see from neighboring rooms who shrieked in heartache? Well, she instantly frowned at their nettlesome voices.

 

She could only wish for this thing to end before everything and everyone else becomes inane.

 

"Hey, I suggest you divert your attention to me the moment your name escapes my perfect lips." A gruff, male voice quickly muttered, jerking Hana off her little mental debate. He continued to look at her with the slightest frown, despising the ignoring this girl in front of him is doing. Hana bravely shook her head.

 

She didn't even need to look up to know who in the world it was.

 

Oh, okay. Change tactics, then. Kris sighed. "Hello there, Miss Frowns and Poker Faces." For those who hadn't guessed 'til now, it was the one and only self-centered Kris Wu.

 

"Mwoh?" She scoffed and glared at the floor, still not looking at Kris' direction. "I could say the same about you..." He listened attentively as he took a couple of steps closer to her. "... just... you know... replace frowns with smirks." She finished monotonously.

 

He chuckled lowly. If you were to ask him, he had grown to like Hana's humor and flawless sarcasm. But she still leaves him in awe with such flawless comebacks. "Hey, it's quite fascinating how you're doing well in acting." He teased and easily carried her textbooks for her.

 

"I know." She faked a grin and FINALLY looked up. "And I," she placed her right hand over her chest dramatically, "...can't wait to tell the entire planet that I," she placed her right hand over her left, "...am acting." She whispered and narrowed her eyes at him, puting so much emphasis in the last three words.

 

He looked in panic for a while then regained his cool self when he remembered his fans. He cleared his throat and shot her a cold stare. "Yah." He stepped closed to her, hoping to see her tremble but meh, this is his Hannah Lee for the nth time. He needs to remember that. "Watch your words." He grumbled under his breath.

 

She wanted to laugh held bit it back. He looked really funny right there. She remarked in mind.

 

It was only now that Hana realized she could oh-so-easily scare someone like Kris Wu. Even though the latter had more of what we call 'aces', Hana would oftentimes turn the tables and test him instead. It brought joy to her, but only a short-term one.

 

"Heard me, Hannah?" Kris asked, loud and clear. All the attention was still to both of them. "No." She wanted to say, but he was gladly glaring at her way. She gulped and looked away, but nodded anyway.

 

Kris snickered for a short while, seeing her with no options available brought the most evident glee to him. Though he thought she was the biggest nuisance in his life... he... he actually couldn't deny to himself that he... liked her being there. With me...

 

He bit back a smile that was threatening to form. ...yeah that just sounds right. He stayed in his position  and his eyes were only directed to her who was still uncomfortable under everyone's wail. With me.

 

Yeah, they were only 'dating' for a week but her existence meant something already, though with him, she was always aggravated and all.

 

"Gee, I should've agreed to my stylist when she suggested blond highlights!" Hana heard one pretty but short girl lament. "Now that new girl has officially jinxed him!" One managed to squeak. The other girls squished with one another frowned and could only look at Hana in envy.

 

The latter really haven't got a hint on why. Jinx? She blinked. Why, that sure is a bad opinion! She turned to glance at him shortly. And yes, he was still, STILL gazing at her with his poker face. Still gazing? Still. Gazing.

 

Hana furrowed her brows as she waits for him to look away, but quickly realizes that he rarely does that.  Kris Wu wasn't the type to look away like a shy little boy unlike most of the male population whenever meeting Hana's icy orbs. His eyes don't simply leave hers swiftly. Now, that's a fact.

 

Girls love confidence. And yes, Hana is a girl thank you very much. And of course, she does admire confident humans too. But never, NEVER men in confidence. That just sounds too narcissistic for her entire man-hating system.

 

He smirked down at her, making her grimace in disgust. While to majority of the females there  Kris was the ultimate proxy of what she has fully learned in English today: narcissism.

 

Yes, he has an ego, a very big one. He is vain... okay, maybe not so much of this has been proven (we're talking 'bout selcas here) but he is fully aware that he is oh-so-fine-looking. And he's truly cocky about it. Plus, he is very selfish at some fields she wouldn't want to expand now.

 

He is very selfish with properties... Hana realized as they stepped out. Of course. they were greeted by gawking men and women. Until now, the couple was a new sight to them. ...and he thinks I'm one of them. She scoffed inwardly and walked behind him.

 

※ ※ ※

 

"Uhm, Kris..." Hana called almost inaudibly after an awful twenty seconds of walking.

 

"Yes?" He spun on his rubber shoes to look down at her. She blinked at him, it was actually a bit cool to know that Kris was fine with crowds and people around him. From one walk with him, she understood he was really someone famous, important and adored to an exaggerated extent.

 

It would irk her to think that she was 'dating' someone like him. She never believed that in a million years, she would actually agree to do something as absurd as this.

 

She shrugged. "Your blind fans?" She signaled some people surrounding the two of them.

 

He looked at the small crowd behind (and beside) her that looked in for stalking. They were a group of short girls, maybe eight to ten of them. They were ogling up at him, expecting some reaction from him that should make them swoon in delight. They were surely fantasizing about his athletic look and height right now when he was looking down at them.

 

Kris wanted to roll his eyes at them and at the same time enjoy the uncomfortable shuffling of Hana. With a quick clearing of his throat, the girls bowed and strode off. After, he shortly tilted his head to the side and looked at some other guys who were trying to look cool due to his hunted presence.

 

"Not going home?" Kris raised his tone. Although fear was quite seen in their eyes, they kept their cool and didn't budge. Hana turned around to look at them too. "Yah, what's-"

 

Hana gasped when Kris threatened to hurt the guys (which were her classmates) with a smirk and a deadly stare. He gradually placed her books down the floor and was about to lunge at them but she successfully held both of his arms. "What the hell? Those are from my class." She hissed at him.

 

Kris, stunned, looked at her little hands that captured his big arms. "Thank me some time." She murmured as she glanced at the (now) pale students. That was the cue for them to get away yet they didn't. Hana tightened her grip on Kris' arm. Still not moving, huh?

 

She whipped her head to them. "Should I repeat Kris' question, for all of you?" She said, looking stern and irritated. Kris smiled proudly at her. Oh, just how she impresses him. 

 

"G-going home, K-Kris s-sunbaenim a-and sunbaenim's g-girl!" They faltered and avoided the couple's piercing looks. They swallowed, bowed and literally ran away; completely embarrassed. She watched them go like freed mice, then she shook her head. "Don't try to display violence again in front of me, Kris... those guys happen to be my classmates..."

 

Kris turned to stare at her murmuring words for him and only him. He felt like she was scolding her and believe it or not, he was enjoying ever second of her rant. Her eyes were still glued on the now emptied hallways.

 

Later, she glanced at him by the corner of her eyes. "What? Were you even listening!?" She asked, annoyed. "I was. I was, ma'am." He responded lazily. She nodded then quickly dropped her hands. Kris bent down to pick her books up. "I didn't now you detested fighting... you don't look like the type."

 

"Don't start, Mr. Wu. If it's you then I'd sure not detest to."

 

She still hates me so much... even until now. He shook his head. But why... Chen... ugh! He sighed and grabbed her right wrist with his free hand. "Ready for some ballin'?" He spoke lowly, making her completely turn to him. "NO."

 

"Just..." She eyed him up and down. He was clad in a red sportshirt and black basketball shorts. On his feet were a new pair of Nike shoes. Then, she went back to his face. "...no."

 

She was about to say something to support her answer but Kris had already started walking and of course, yanking her with him. "Why do you keep on rejecting my amazing offers?" He pulled her closer.

 

He was walking fast and Hana did her best to cope up with his pace. AISH YOU BASTARTYUIOASDFGH.  A%@!$^&@!#$%#*()=-#!!! She knew where they were going.

 

"Why do you like to ask when you have this aversion for my amazing answers!?" She huffed angrily. He smiled secretly when they reached her locker. The students there balked and gaped at them.

 

"It's the hottest-talked two, Kris Wu and that thing... Lee... ugh... Ana.. was it Sena?" Someone whispered doubtedly. See? Hana badly wanted rolled her eyes at this. They don't even know my proper name. GREAT JOB YOU DIMWITS.

 

Hana exhaled in defeat when he didn't respond. He was staring at her angered face and at the same time, intaking the students' care all around. She opened her locker with her left hand, her right wrist was still captured in Kris' loose grip. Kris other hand strongly held her textbooks. (dang Kris and his abilities)

 

Oh you know, the typical couple stuff.

 

His side leaned on the metal lockers adjacent to hers."You're so cute." He said monotously at her.

 

She rolled her eyes and took her books (with her left hand) from him. "I clearly, clearly remember you saying I am not. Twice, I think." She murmured and avoided his taunting eyes.

 

"What? I vaguely recall saying such." He shook his head, feigning innocence which honestly didn't suit him. Swear. "Liars go to hell, Hannaaahh~"

 

After shoving all her articles in her locker, she slammed it closed. She has always despised his annoying use of her name. It was a million times worse than being called a different name. No, seriously it's just that awful.

 

Shrugging, she calmly retorted: "Then see you there, Krhees-"

 

was shut when she was shoved into Kris hard chest, by Kris, of course. "WHAT THE HELL!? Do you know what the heck you are saying?" He grunted angrily against her hair, trying to keep his cool.

 

Hana looked shocked when he unhesitantly embraced her tight.

 
 
"Golden rule, Krhees." Hana managed to muffle against his jersey. Kris scowled and dragged her with him, hugging her by her side. "Golden... rule."
 
 
※ ※ ※

 

"See?" Yoona stopped and looked at the four others. "Omo, unnies."

 

She pointed to two people in the lockers, her eyes wide as saucers. "I still can't believe that's Lee Hana... she actually became prettier." The richer three glared at her. "I-I mean... she... she changed... for him... I think."

 

Yuri nodded glumly at Yoona. "And they're a confirmed couple, unnie." She notified, turning to Taeyeon whose eyes were burning.

 

Seohyun's jaw dropped to the cold floors. "W-what?" She gave Hana a good look, her fists clenched. But I... I thought I made sure the Arts Students taught her a lesson!? She shook her head in dismay. "They are... cute." She snorted bitterly.

 

"Mwoya?" Miyoung scoffed with her slow tone. "They're perfect, actually." She sulked sarcastically. Perfect to tear apart! She held onto her I.D. tightly, her red-painted nails making screeching noises against the fabric of her neat uniform.

 

She not only have this huge crush on Kris, but now a huge hate for his girlfriend.

 

"Now that I see them, they suit each other... not." Taeyeon walked ahead of them the moment Kris yanked Hana in his chest when the two were bantering earlier. What the hell is she thinking hugging Kris oppa like that!? Taeyeon was calm outside but her insides screamed jealousy... and other plans.

 

Same applies for the rest of the ladies.

 

※ ※ ※

 

Hana walked in the familiar basketball court/gym with Kris behind. Somehow, she had managed to free from his arms... which was quite a miracle so don't ask me how. I'm no fortune-telling author.

 

Her mind celebrated when she concluded that there weren't a lot of people. In fact, the only students there, were those from the Schoolpaper Committee. They seemed to be concentrating on the players of the school's basketball team. She didn't question but thanked the heavens instead.

 

"Sit there." Kris commanded. Hana scowled. "What am I? Your dog!?"

 

Kris chuckled. "No." He pushed her gently, causing her to double her pace. "My girlfriend." He managed to whisper before she could get farther. Hana rolled her eyes and dragged her feet towards the same seat she sat a few days ago. "Sounds horrible." She frowned and detached her bag from her back.

 

After a good thirteen seconds of waiting for her to settle down, he smirked at her (she didn't see that though) then finally jogged to his waiting team and they started as soon as their coach whistled.

 

Hana scoffed and placed her bag on her lap. "Ungentleman." She remarked and pulled out a lone notebook (because everything else inside are presents, because her bag is actually big okay) in her bag, along with a black gelpen.

 

Smiling at the colorful boxes piled inside her backpack, she shook her head gently and tore her gaze away from it. "Let's get busy, then, my beautiful gelpen." She placed her bag beside her and started working on her three-pages History activity instead.

 

※ ※ ※

 

"C'MON! YOU'VE GOT TEN SECONDS LEFT! HUANG! PASS THE BALL TO WU! WU! MAKE A THREE-POINT SHOT!" The coach barked.

 

Kris nodded firmly and spun around on his shoes to receive the ball from a sweaty (and hot) Tao. He dribbled and backed a bit, only to be guarded by a serious Luhan and Xiumin. But he knew his height saved him plenty of times.

 

On the last four seconds, he managed to escape the two and throw the ball in air before the given time ended. And, bam. A good three-point from Kris Wu. He smirked triumphantly and brofist-ed with Tao.

 

"As always." Chen laughed. Kris glanced at him then to Hana who was smiling as she closes her notebook and shoves it in her bag. He sighed when she stood up without even searching for him.

 

"Yah!" Kris jogged towards her. Hana flinched at the sharp voice. "What?"

 

"Where do you think you are going?" He questioned irritatingly. Hana shrugged. "Uhm, home?"

 

Kris looked at her in disbelief, he took two steps nearer. "So you're saying you're just leaving me here?"

 

Hana's mouth formed into a little 'o' when she saw his friends waving signals at her. She sighed and sat back. "Of course not, your majesty." She addresses fakely. "I'll wait here, be fast."

 

Kris smirked and ruffled her hair. "I'm glad you try hard to be a better girlfriend." She scoffed and slapped his hand away. "Your point of view is amusing. It's a bit overwhelming." She gladly spat.

 

"Do you want me to personally shut you up?"

 

Hana looked up at him in shock.Then she harshly socked his arm. Kris winced for a split second, it was only then that he realized the schoolpaper students were looking at them in pure interest. Watch this. He smirked at her.

 

Why does he keep smirking on me like that? Is he abnormal!? Hana tried threatening him with an annoyed look. "Hurry up already, you insane giant-"

 

He bent down to level his face with hers. Stopping her words, he planted a soft kiss on the tip of her nose. Hana's eyes widened when she really felt his plump lips on her left cheek as he kissed it too. She gasped inaudibly and then she kicked his legs. Hard. "I said hurry up!" She hissed and glared at his way.

 

Kris laughed amidst the pain he opt not to show. "Yes ma'am." He saluted happily and jogged back to his friends.

 

I hate you, Kris Wu! She thought. "Oh how perfect that rhymes." Hana murmured as she clutched on her bag angrily. She saw Kris' friends, they looked as amused as ever.

 

She wasn't.

 

Tell me, if she hates him so much, why would she be?