Three

An Unexpected Boyfriend

3.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

"Here." Hana's smiling mother handed her shoes and she immediately put it on ignorantly; not caring how it felt, how tight or if it was snug enough and if it did belong to her soles. She was too tired and angered (yes, at morning), so she was not paying attention to anything else except the food in front of her eyes.

 

After gulping down a warm and satisfying glass of milk, Hana waved goodbye to her Halmeoni and Eoma who was beside her, eating breakfast too. "Hana, neo gwenchani?" Her grandmother asked. Hana nodded. I am... I will be. 

 

Though she was obviously quivering from the thought of the popular kiddos in her school, she managed to get her steps out of the house, hoping this day would be at least okay.

 

At least, please?

※ ※ ※

 

 

"I can do this. I, hmh, Kris Wu, undoubtedly can." Kris stated; true enough. This was him; the time may come when there will be two moons visible in Earth and that it will snow in the Philippines, he will still be himself. The laid-back guy everyone knows, the one who never cares but never takes no for an answer.

 

When he wants, needs and likes something, he is bound to get it.
Repeat after me: HE IS BOUND TO GET IT. (I creepily wonder if you did.)

 

He approached the door of Hana's room with a smirk, but stopped halfway when she came out in almost an instant, together with a strict-looking male teacher in pale blue polo and light gray trousers, Kang Sosaengnim of the Guidance Chamber.

 

"Sosaengnim! Naega naega naega shiro!! Please. Ayoko talaga. (I really don't want to.) No. No. Ugh. Grabeh, nakaka-badtrip na talaga.. uggghh. (Great, so sickening... uggghh.)" Hana murmured, as if that would help.

 

"No. You have to. You are going to because your name wasn't on the list. It was your choice after all." He retaliated, somewhat getting a hint of whatever warble she was citing. "A-ani! I was lost and I didn't know w-where the field stage w-was! S-s-so.. I-I had a hard time!" She stuttered, noticeably poor at acting and lying.

 

Kris rolled his eyes, "Jinja?" You really are something, aren't you?

 

Hana and the male teacher turned their eyes to him; who was nearing them with pure fortitude all over him. The now, boiled over Hana, gritted her teeth and looked away. Ugh. Why the hell does someone like him have to go here? Oh-yeah, I forgot. People like him go here.

 

The class who saw them had their noises of amazement and uncontrolled talks,especially the girls. "Oh! Kris. Good. You're here." Mr. Kang smiled.

 

Both Kris and Hana looked to the elder. "Huh?" Kris had one of his thick eyebrows raised, while Hana was more than eager to hear whatmore. "Oh I don't think you're aware but... you're also punished." Mr. Kang informed before signaling the two to follow him.

 

Hana almost choked in trying to repress her laughter. "Lo-oks like someone found their own way to penalty, hnn? Pbbthahahhhmmffahahhmfh." (Yes, read it.) Kris glared at her as she ran, catching up with Mr. Kang. She felt somehow eased by the starting comedown of Kris.

 

Funny. Very funny. "You watch. You... just see." He muttered.

 

 

※ ※ ※

 

 

"Oh. Woah-" Hana's eyes widened in alert as her face was inches away from the b*tchface of Kris. She took startled steps back and almost dropped the damp rag on her loose hold. "Why are you here?!"

 

Kris shrugged. Yeah, that was all he did before he plopped himself down the maroon couch of the Guidance Chamber Head's office. Hana couldn't agree with what he was abandoning and doing, so she neared him and spoke. "You're supposed to be cleaning outside." He glanced at her then lied down; completely ignoring her.

 

He's tired? I bet he hardly did anything. "Wow." Hana softly spoke. She could not belive him further. She stood there and wondered what kind of being he was. Yes, she wasn't focusing on his looks but his state. Maybe he is one of those few perfectly-created anime characters who happened to be very lazy, arrogant and easy to hate.

 

Kris opened one of his eyes, only to find her gaping at him. "Close your mouth." He demanded and tried sleeping again. Hana did so and gritted her teeth; keeping herself calm.

 

Whatever. She turned around and dropped her sight down to the rag. She instantly smirked; what she was thinking was definitely in none of Kris' expectations.

 

She faced him once again. Perfect. He has now both of his eyes closed, as if resting. It's now or never... She grinned and mutely laughed as she held the rag high. In three... two...

 

Just in time, Kris had opened his eyes and sat up. She's not doing anything to my face, not to my skin! "What do you want!?" He screamed at her, making her smile in delight.

 

 

※ ※ ※

 

 

Sometime later, she couldn't help it any longer. No one could, she had to notice him. Hana started to discern him who stood straight in the stool; carelessly dusting the higher frames of the brick windows. She noticed one thing in particular; his blonde hair; she wasn't sure though if it was styled or naturally done. It's so thick. Wait- am I talking about his eyebrows?

 

Hana tilted her head to the side. I think no one is supposed to look that unblemished. "I agree, only I." Kris said, quite serious and at the same time very, very nervy. Her eyes enlarged, she asked with hesitation, "Did... you hear me?"

 

How am I supposed to know if this girl will not humiliate me? She's beyond my comprehension. He looked at you. "No. But I can sense someone really debating if someone should be as perfect as I am." He smirked, hopped down and slowly leveled with your eyes. Maybe I can use some tricks on her before I ask her out. "I'm right, aren't I?" He whispered in perfect English.

 

Her eyes squinted, making him irritated. Don't tell me I failed. Kris thought. "Suit your guts." She whispered back, imitating Kris with her also, perfect English. Because I won't. She thought.

 

Lee Hana turned around and started cleaning again, yet Kris' eyes never left her. He straightened up and remembered something when he noticed her little steps. "By the way, your shoes must be very expensive."

 

Hana didn't know what he was talking about so she looked at the pair of footwear she was wearing. The same gray converses from yesterday? Her mind couldn't process now. "H-how was this-H-how did it come to our house and have my mother give it to me? HOW?!" She screeched and eyed Kris who was now lying down again.

 

He heard it and knew your reaction but said no more, he was freaking exhausted. He spent the whole morning cleaning places you couldn't reach for the sake of the skin he treasures.

 

Before Hana could throw a rage on him, Mr. Kang was seen from the door. "Is everything alright?" He smiled as he asked. Hana nodded like a good girl. She should- what if another task was to be given? No way.

 

※ ※ ※

 

Kris woke up because he felt his stomach in a state of emptiness. Right, he hasn't eaten yet. He turned to a side and looked up to see an analog clock above the door. It was two in the afternoon; that means he missed lunch and his friends /and fans.

 

He stood up and was surprised to see the same gray converses fall from his shirt. "Ya-aish! Arrgghh!!!" He gritted his teeth in anger. She placed it in my expensive shirt? Wow. He bit his lower lip and looked around. "Now where exactly is that mad woman?"

 

The room was quiet. She left, right. Why won't she? He lazily picked the shoes up and started walking towards the door. He held the doorknob but didn't open it. He heard soft snoring noises and breathing somewhere around. It wasn't his.

 

Could it be... her? He took careful steps backward, tracing where the mere noise came from. He saw crossed ankles from behind the couch. He walked over and found her there, looking so vulnerable with a pair of gray socks on (yeah, cuz she removed Kris' shoes cuz she's that darn stubborn).

 

He noticed how she was sleeping peacefully with beads of sweat in her forehead. She was obviously worn out because she did eighty-nine percent of the cleaning. "So she hasn't eaten too?" He smiled, amused.

 

I thought she'd leave me-she hates me and all, and she-oh, so unpredictable.