Thirteen

An Unexpected Boyfriend

 

13.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

 

-05: 38 PM; THURSDAY

 

"Let's see..." Hana pondered as she closed her History homework. "The Chinese boys are arriving tomorrow and... and that means... oh my gosh." Hana said robotically and shook her head. "This relationship thing resumes. And the devil's five friends would bug me, of course."

 

She continued babbling lifelessly.

 

She groaned and forced all her things back to her bag. Standing up, she walked to her bed and found the box of things that were still untouched in a corner. She remembered when she brought this topic up back in the airport, Kris only gave her a accept-that-box-or-do-not-still-use-it look as a reply.

 

And of course, she didn't.

 

Why, do you actually think she will? Just because it's oh-so-pretty kawaii stuff? No. It's still from a guy. But... but the uniform... and a lot more... are, uh, simply unexplainable so let's guess those are exempted from Hana's stubborn little brain.

 

She sighed and decided to take a nap since she realized it was still early for dinner. She lied down her comfortable bed and was delighted a bit at the fact that she now comes home earlier than usual.

 

She wasn't feeling hungry or feeling anything else but exhaust. School had been pretty tough for her for the past few days.

 

Albeit successfully avoiding all those girls who extremely hated her to death without her even realizing, she could still sense more of the word 'trouble' coming up.

 

'Stay away from Kris oppa' this, and 'His friends too' that; it would irk her all the time to have these people think that she actually favored being with those guys. Like, what the hell? No. She doesn't even get how and why she got tangled into this mess.

 

I shouldn't have embarassed him back in the first day of school. She frowned and thought. "What? Of course that was alright! He deserved all the humiliation from me because he's so conceited not only towards me but his friends too!" She chided herself.

 

She blew a raspberry and recalled the constant reminders from Kris' text saying that she better brace herself because sooner or later he's gonna tell his fangirls school that 'they are dating muahahahahah' just because she rudely ignores his calls blah blah blah. And that she is a very insulting girlfriend blah blah blah.

 

She? As in the Hana, she? She better brace herself? What about the many other she's in school and in the entire Seoul brace themselves!?

 

Wait. That's right. Dating. Officially. "Jinjja? Jeongmal?" She squeaked and rolled to a side.

 

Just because they had gone on that one short date at a fastfood chain in Kentucky or something. Was it in a mall or in there she just couldn't recollect those times with Kris anymore because, well, she doesn't approve of doing so.

 

Yes, Kris told her that that was enough affirmation that the two of them were in love or something mushy that is beyond uugh. And tell you what, Hana nearly gagged hearing that off his mouth yesterday. She thought he hates her enough that he can't handle doing this?

 

Does he like me? Hana shook that thought off with a brief laugh. What was I thinking?

 

Never in a million years would one believe that a wealthy, famous and drop dead gorgeous inheritor of Wu International would even lay his eyes on a simple, unknown and so ungroomed working student.

 

Yep, one does not simply pair the Kris Wu and a Hanna Lee.

 

But guess what? Life or fate or coincidence did. Or... maybe... Luhan, Xiumin and Chen did and their codenames happened to be Life, Fate and Coincidence.

 

Yes, the latter actually makes a lot more sense than the former.

 

Hana hadn't thought of where Kris got that 'officially dating' shiz but he sounded so bound and determined. So serious that she almost thought of playing into it as well-

 

The sound of her phone ringing jerked her off her little reverie. She rolled again and fished for her phone in the drawers and when she finally set her fingers onto it, she automatically pressed the answer button.

 

"Yoboseyo?" She quipped as she brought the phone to her right ear.

 

She heard a few skipping and scampering high-pitched noises. Was that Chen? Then there were some screaming for the anticipated cake and soccer. "YAH! SHUT UP! I'M CALLING HANNAH!" Kris reprimanded them in Mandarin.

 

Hana shuffled in her bed. Of course, Hannah didn't understand a thing except 'yah' and 'Hannah'.

 

The noise fortunately decreased before a very familiar throaty voice mused into her ears. "What do you prefer, gold or silver?" Hana raised an eyebrow at this as she looked at her bedside clock. "Silver...?" She answered, unsure.

 

It was 5:53 PM already which meant it was still 4:53 PM where Kris and his rowdy friends were at, probably enjoying what they could do without their punctilious fathers observing. Seoultime was an hour ahead where they currently are: in that magical place called Macau, China.

 

"Bye." She hung up before Kris could retaliate like usual.

 

"And I thought they were behaved like how noble life would make them." She muttered as she raked her fingers through her hair and finally decided to start falling into a nap instead of overthinking.

 

Stop worrying already... Closing her eyes, she decided to just squelch her misgivings at the moment about everything. Like what that old bun said, She nodded and made herself comfortable by tucking small pillows underneath her legs. Sleep, go with the flow and don't forget to eat.

 

She bit back a smile, yes, they somehow contacted her too via the unexpected bastard. Andwae, why am I actually hearing those males? She shook her head unbelievingly.

 

※ ※ ※

 

-06: 38 AM; FRIDOOMSDAY

 

"Hana, could you do your Halmeoni a favor?" Hana heard her grandmother ask sweetly.

 

She stopped reaching for the the doorknob and spun around. She smiled at the old but forever strong and playful elder of hers. "Neh, Halmeoni." She responded as she glanced at her watch. She's gonna be really early again, so why not? "Mworago?"

 

Mrs. Gong smiled and placed a dirty white-colored box in her hands, like that of a single-serving pizza. "Take this to the nearby salon, that one  that's really huge." She explained with a grin. "Drop this off there to someone named Kevin Li, say it's from Mrs. Gong."

 

For Kevin Li. Hana stared at the little box and nodded. "What's the name of that salon?" Hana opened it and found a big envelop which surely had newly developed pictures inside but she didn't look through it anymore. "And where is it near, Halmeoni?" She closed it.

 

Mrs. Gong pondered, or recalled something hard. "I can't remember." She shook her head glumly. "But I'm sure it's the first salon you'll see in Seoul Square." She said with pauses here and there. "Seoul... Square? In Seoul Square?" Hana repeated, her chest compressing.

 

"Mm." Her grandmother nodded. "It's just beside that famous Book Store in that avenue, I really can't remember the names." She giggled and looked up at Hana who froze in her place. "You can do it right?"

 

Hana swallowed and nodded slowly. "Beside that... famous... Book Store?" Her voice trailed off as she clutched onto the box she was holding. "Have you gone there, Halmeoni?" She asked, trying her best to sound natural although she was already shaking.

 

What if Halmeoni sees me working there in that little uniform, goodness gracious!

 

"On weekdays of course, since we're always gone on weekends." Mrs. Gong told her matter-of-factly. "I go there with the neighbors, you know, Mrs. Jung, Mrs. Bang and Mrs. Yoo? Even your Eomma goes!"

 

Hana sighed, smiling after. Of course... how could she not remember that on-

 

Her debates inside were halted when her mother spoke from the kitchen. "But we're cancelling going home tomorrow!" Mrs. Gong nodded approvingly and fixed her granddaughter's damp hair. "Neh, we're staying to accompany our dear Hana in the coming weekend~"

 

Mrs. Lee smiled as she approached them. "We'll see what our Hana is doing on weekends." The two elders  smiled knowingly and encouraged their school girl out already before she comes late for school.

 

Hana gulped. "Aniyo." She muttered faintly.

 

Mrs. Gong blinked at her because she still heard it. "Waeandwae?" Hana shook her head fast. "Hehe. Nothing." She bowed airily and walked out of their house.

 

Oh. My. Weekends. My. Jobs. How. Why. No. This can't be happening-


"Hana! Seoul Square, okay?" She heard her Halmeoni yell before she got out of the gates. She nodded without looking back. "AND REMEMBER: Kevin Li!" Mrs. Gong added with a brief laugh. "Have fun and be a good girl!

 

"Ahu, Mother, do you know something?" Mrs. Lee stared at her giddy face as they entered the house back. It was obvious that something was up, yet Hana's mother knew it was gonna be alright.

 

Mrs. Gong grinned. "Maybe."

※ ※ ※

 

Hana arrived at the huuuuuge parlor or salon her grandmother was saying in Seoul Square. She glanced at her clock and realized there was already half an hour before school starts. Still plenty of time.

 

"Anyeonghasseyeo, unnie." She greeted as she got inside. She was greeted by a smiling attendant, in straight jetblack hair and pink highlights, asking for her needs. "Is someone named Kevin Li here?" Hana quickly got to her point.

 

The woman nodded and held her arm, dragging her to somewhere Hana doesn't know. (As if expecting Hana to come.) Perplexed, she stammered asking these and that. After a few seconds of forced walking, they finally arrived at a corner where many Korean guys were having their haircut and stuff.

 

What the hell, Halmeoni? I am not conversing to one of them!

 

Hana faced her, confused. "So who among them is Kevin Li?" The woman only grinned at her and walk off. "Atta- chakkamahnyo!"

 

"Aish." She frowned and took a quick glance at the noisy boys.

 

Repeat, boys. I still have school. And I'm just supposed to drop this. She grimaced and began taking slow steps forward to the men.

 

Luckily, there were still Unnies around; of course, those who fixed these guys' hair. She didn't even dare look twice at the boys in the mirror anymore. She halted when a woman smiled attentively to her. "Yes gorgeous, may I help you?"

 

Hana shuddered at the call but chose to be polite instead of rolling her eyeballs rudely. "Annyeong." Hana did a slight bow and the woman returned the greeting. "May I know where this Kevin Li is?" She said, quite showing the impatience in her voice.

 

The woman grinned and studied her, up and down. "Why are you dressed like that?" She giggled. 

 

Hana's gaped at her and her mind now was blurring. Can't anyone here answer properly already? "Eh?"

 

She giggled once again and started scutinizing her hair here and there. "Your uniform might get stained since this hair of yours needs half a day to work on!" She exaggerated and those who heard it chuckled.

 

Hana's eyebrows knitted as she tried stopping this crazy woman in front of her. What was she talking about again? Stains? Half a day? What half a- oh my gosh! I'll be late already!

 

"Unnie, I really don't know what you're talking about but can you pleeeeaase give this to Kevin Li, please?" She shoved the box in her hands.

 

Satisfied with what she did, Hana bowed and took a step backward. She forced a small smile before finally turning around when-

 

"Ah- oomfh." Hana almost lost her balance when her head hit a man's chest. Good thing she was strong, she didn't feel any pain but just wanted to proceed to school already. Like, seriously I want to leave now. Hana thought aggravatedly as she patted her hair down.

 

"Oh! Balance!" She heard the person in front of her say gaily. "Balance is very important." He chuckled, Hana secretly rolled her eyes as she stared at the man's rubber shoes.

 

She bowed at the person in front of her. "Mian."  Not quite sure of who this wass because she didn't even look up. "Oh, sweetie, wait." She then turned back to the woman earlier who called her attention.

 

Unknown to Hana, someone had already walked in with a poker face; staring at her. Everyone turned closemouthed at the moment.

 

"He's here! Why don't you give it yourself?" This woman said cheerfully and placed the box back to Hana's hands. This Kevin Li is actually here? Can't he talk or hear? She tried to follow the woman's eyes but she couldn't trace where she was looking at.

 

Vexed, and took another step backward. Trying her best to scan for any signs of the cursed Kevin Li, she tried grumbling monosyllabic questions under her breath. "What? Who? Where-"

 

"Here." A manly voice spoke behind her. Hana could feel he was near so she looked to her right eagerly. All her eyes saw was a part white polo. This Kevin man was dang tall so she strained her neck to get a better view of his face.

 

She was immediately startled with who was staring down intently at her and only her...

 

... a Kris Wu smiling warmly at Hana... in Seoul. No big deal.

 

 

"Looking for me?" He whispered alluringly, but still stone faced as ever. "Kevin Li?"

 

Loud oooh's and soft aww's were heard all over. When was the last time they saw Kris talking to a female like this? Talking smoothly without getting annoyed of the fact that she is a girl?

 

Kris smirked and spun Hana around. He watched his friends smile in glee and everyone else gaping at them in interest. "Your boyfriend's back."

 

Hana blinked and slowly absorbed why her Halmeoni-- why her feet and mind brought her here-- and that there was a Kevin Li who had the same face as her boyfriend-- and that Kris is back-- and and his friends are these Korean boys she hadn't noticed in the first place.

 

"KRIS WU?" She hollered and pushed Kris but he didn't budge. "I-I'm going to be late, dang it!" She did her best to get through him but ended up having her hold of the box loosen. Resulting in her dropping the thing.

 

The lid separated itself from the box, revealing the envelope that was inside. Smirking, Kris picked it up.

 

※ ※ ※

 

"U-Unnie! I don't really need to color my hair!" Hana told the older hairdresser, Gahi. "Please, don't. My mother would freak out!" She pleaded as she stopped another hairdresser's hands.

 

 Minah frowned."Mmhm. Okay I won't make it blonde, but wait. Stay here." She smiled. Hana nodded.

 

Hana sighed in relief and watched them go out. She looked around at the big room where she was left alone. She puffed her cheeks and tried to look for a mirror but there was none. The mirrors had been removed for a purpose she didn't understand.

 

She looked down at her legs and arms which were covered in some white cream. She was wrapped in a short bathrobe and her uniform was hung neatly in front of her.

 

Oh my goodness, what have I gotten myself into? She grimaced as she looked up and found a lone clock that was still working fine. It was nearly nine in the morning. Which means she ditched morning classes.

 

And yes, she have agreed to do this crazy makeover for Kris.

 

Well, not really greatly for Kris. It was manily for the fact that she wanted to be at least representable and be not of an embarrassment to him. She needed to look good so Kris and the other girls wouldn't mess with her much... that was what Lay promised.

 

"We've agreed!" Gahi shrieked as more of them entered the room. "We'll give you blonde highlights and Kris, brown highlights!" She grinned as she approached Hana.

 

"Aww, the we-are-so-inlove connection is still evident right there!" The other girls giggled as one broke in with a dreamy smile. Hana so wanted to roll her eyes. "You're really lucky Lee Hana-ssi, he's so into this couple hair thing!" Another one told Hana as she separated her hair in sections.

 

Gahi nodded and started tugging on Hana's hair. "He suggested this."

 

Hana swallowed and chose not to speak, she didn't really care. At least highlights aren't so drastic! 

 

Gahi poked her sides. "Hana-ssi, please sit straight." She sighed and followed every order they said. While staring into space, she thought about how Kris could help her with her worries about her weekend job. Right now, she knew it was Kris who could really help her... but she never wanted to admit it.

 

※ ※ ※

 

Hana frowned as she continued with her not-so-loud but not-so-quiet rants. "Unnie! I thought only my hair? Waeyoo~? What did you do to-" The girls hushed her as they entered another room.

 

"Ta-dah!" Gahi faced her in front of a mirror. Hana was nagging earlier but now... she shut really closed and stared at her reflection. "What the hell?" She inaudibly said.

 

The girls giggled as they gazed at the wonderful creation they've done. They hi-fived each other for a terrific work done. Hana heard Kris' friends invested a lot of cash for this long-awaited makeover.

 

Yep, you read it right. Kris' friends. And to give you a hint of who is the almighty mastermind, the females have come up with this codename: Prety Boy Lulu.

 

Well, that was obvious even if it was just Pretty Boy. Hana studied herself from head to toe, then vice versa. Is this... you.. Lee Hana? She shook her head slowly. She couldn't believe how she appeared in that full-body mirror. "Oh my."

 

Her hair, it looked so... darn beautiful. It was so shiny and healthy looking. Unlike before, it bounced instead of stuck on her neck by this substance called perspiration. She was glad that it remained wavy as it was and beautifully brown.

 

But she swallowed hard when she the blond highlights on the lower part of her hair. She shrugged; it actually looked so pretty and precious at the moment because it twinkled before her eyes.

 

Then she gaped at her milky arms and legs that was so soft and flawless. She didn't even notice that they only needed to wax it because she already had natural, clear skin.

 

Hana grinned and felt her confidence boost.

 

She took steps closer as she examined her face. They had cleansed, toned and moisturized it hard, thus, revealing this bright complexion she is having now.

 

She smiled widely when she realized she looked pretty much normal. She was back to her school unifrom and school shoes. And her bag, was back on her well, back.

 

Really nothing drastic. She thought.

 

"Let's go out?" Gahi suggested with a wink. "Kris-ssi... he is waiting."

 

Hana spun around and nodded. "Let's see him." She grinned confidently. The females chuckled in awe and lightly slapped Hana's soft and slender arms. "You go pretty girl."

 

"Thank you." Lee Hana smirked and bowed elegantly before walking ahead of them.

 

※ ※ ※

 


"Yah. Kevin Li." Hana, smirking, called as she approached Kris. His back was to her.

 

He grinned and turned around.

 

The moment they faced each other, both of them balked.

 

"Kris Wu...?"
"Hannah...?"

 

They called each other at the same time. Then, no one spoke next.

 

Kris stared at her beautifully-done hair. Then his eyes trailed down to her face, what surprised him was that it didn't even have makeup on! But she looked so sparkling in this morning. He could clearly see that her skin was beautifully flaunted thrice now. It -no, she really looked different.

 

He just wouldn't admit it yet... and where did the cocky grin go?

 

 

Hana did her best to remain cool, poker-faced and all like the one in front of her. She already knew Kris was strikingly handsome and that he is considered a male god. But something in the way Kris' hair danced in the air together with those brown highlights made her feel troubled.

 

She realized her smirk was downturned. Why is that?

 

Kris cleared his throat and chuckled at her. "Don't you look strangely different?" He mused brightly as he leveled with her height. Then he gently ruffled her hair. His eyes were to those blond highlights that corporated with his.

 

He recalled that the only time he had touched a girl's hair was her sister's, Wu Jia. And he wasn't even ruffling his sister's hair... he abruptly pulled it for snatching one of his jerseys that he always treasured.

 

Hana rolled her eyes but there was this little smile that played on the corners of . "I wish I could say the same, Kevin." She slapped his hands away and reached for the familiar iPhone5 in his left hand.

 

"And ah, about that." Kris scratched his head like how models in runways would do. "I really prefer Kris Wu, so if you still have a heart, Miss Reacher~" 

 

Hana typed the password to his phone easily. "Noted, Mister Loosehold." She retorted.

 

Kris chuckled and walked ahead. "Ready for school?" He glanced back at her who swallowed and looked up from the screen. "Of course." Hana said with doubt.

 

Was her answer really what she thought? No. She shrugged and followed after him.

 

"He... he... Kris-ssi chuckled. Twice." The eavesdropping workers gaped at the two who came out from Kris' room. Gahi blinked in awe. "He's never one to laugh with girls."

 

Another one spoke with her jaw dropped to the ground. "Yeah, maybe at girls but never with girls."

 

"True that."

 ※ ※ ※

 

"My idea was really daebak! AH, couple hair, couple! So adorbs!" Luhan grinned as they approached their different cars. Hana rolled her eyes while the others chuckled. She already felt less insecure while walking with them. Mind you, the makeover did a great job in Hana's personality right now.

 

"That's the fifth time you've boasted today, ge." Tao chided as he fixed his vest.

 

Luhan pouted. "It's not boasting... I'm being proud of this rare beauty beside me." He stated pointedly and wrapped an arm around Hana's shoulders. Hana gasped with what Luhan did.

 

She was about to push him off but Kris had already whisked her away from the pretty boy. "You don't need to demonstrate, ge." Kris tightened his grip around Hana's waist.

 

"Getting overprotective, eh, Fan?" Luhan teased and the other males guffawed, the loudest was Xiumin's and the sweetest laugh was Chen's.

 

Tao and Lay were in one car while the was in one of Chen's vans. "Later, duizhang~" They called out. Kris nodded at them.

 

Girls nearby ogled at the six hot men. They tried calling their attention but the guys were too exhausted to care. "Did you see that girl walking to Kris oppa's car!?" They nodded their heads. "Maybe a cousin?" They grimaced at Hana's direction. "Not as pretty as SNSD."

 

Hana snorted as she got in Kris' audi. She wore her seatbelt and felt the driver's being occupied already.

 

Kris turned to Hana and he tossed the earlier box to her. "Hold it." Hana rolled her eyes. "You can be really sweet sometimes, Kris." She held it closer to her, as well as Kris' phone.

 

He grinned briefly and started the car's engine. "I'll get my uniform in my office. Then we'll go grab lunch." He informed and started driving. "Is that okay?"

 

Hana threw him a look. "Do I have a choice?" She folded her arms and closed her eyes.

 

Kris sighed and shook his head as he glanced at her. She looked tired. "I should be the one who's hella tired." He muttered darkly.

 

Sometime later, he fished for something in the pockets of his trousers. He felt a lump of a little box and smiled shortly. "Still here."