Five

An Unexpected Boyfriend

5.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

"Mesopotamia. Fertile Crescent. Tigris-Euphrates." Lee Hana repeated in mind after her teacher.

 

Minutes later, she looked up at the classroom's small calendar hung at a clean wall. Friday...
Then to the silver and purple ice watch glistening by her petite wrist. Four twenty. 
She dreamily smiled at the thought of weekend. Can't be happier...

 

But then, an unsought image of someone was recalled by her mind, a scene that recalled what, somehow, happened yesterday. No way. She quailed as she stifled a hideous sound trying to escape from .

 

"Lee Hana-ssi!" The teacher snapped. Hana quickly straightened up in ease and looked at the History teacher she doesn't really approve meeting. The whole class too, had now their heads turned to her, who remained chill and unruffled. "Ndeh?" Her eyebrows rose a bit, staring back at the woman who interrupted her messed thoughts. The weird teacher gulped a lump down before shaking her head. "Please listen." She reminded as everyone else's eyes went back to the board.

 

But I have been. She frowned as she falteringly nodded. Or did she? She sat there in tranquility, waiting for the right time to be all-excited. She sat there wiithout unnecessary reactions and bickering unlike her classmates yet she listened to every word a person in the room says.

 

The bell rang. And an unknown smile crept upon her dry and cold face.

 

"Do not forget your research, everyone! Oh and, brown plastic folder, arraji?" The teacher commemorated with a grin, everyone then replied with joyful 'nde's' as they pack up except Hana who thought about the printed research for awhile. I'll just do the research today, so I would only have to work on the other two by Sunday. Right.

 

She nodded at her own decision and closed a random cream-colored notebook she was half-working and half-messing on. She slightly turned around to grab the bag behind her, placing all her things in the different compartments of gray and blue, she was packing in a different pace like everyone else. And that's totally normal of her.

 

Lee Hana was certain that everyone already dashed out; yes, girls and boys of various moods and motives. She was sure since the noise rose up and then, died down at the time the teachers stepped out of the countless rooms. Excited to meet their loved ones, maybe? Or to get a last glimpse of their favorite persons. She doesn't care, actually.

 

"Annyeonghasseyo, areumdaewo yoja." A stranger halted her actions, his unfamiliar and unexperienced Korean voice was exagerratedly surly to her ears. She knew it was that of a guy's, a classmate or not, she was aware that he was definitely observing her from a close distance. She didn't bother look up nor respond as she rose up from the seat she was in since three and a half hours ago; for sure, the guy was surprised by her attitude.

 

"Uhm, h-hello?" His voice turned... well, in some ways better and softer, this time. Shortly, she met eyes with him. Hana was a bit sure she saw him already, but not at frequent times. He was surprisingly blessed with a good and brawny figure and a height maybe same as that giant she detests. He had large, dark eyebags and looks that surely will eat any other girl alive... but then again, Hana wasn't this any other girl.

 

To whatmore, she didn't pay attention. "Do you need anything?" She quickly asked, being impatient for many reasons reasonable enough. 

 

I'm the one who's supposed to look cool. Tao swallowed as he dumbly blinked at her. She sure is scary. He thought, wordless.

 

Lee Hana, in his eyes, is unexplainably deadly. She had this aura that defined unsociable; yes, at the freaking first meeting. Tao understood she isn't someone you can be so comfortable with in the first place. Though her looks wasn't all attractive, there was something in her.

 

Therefore, he was tight-lipped.

 

Hana wore her backpack without looking at this man anymore; she wasn't going to wait for his answer. "No." She answered her own question, then uncarefully shoved him aside and made a path for herself. She started walking out with double steps, also pulling out a slightly faded, folded map from a pocket in her blazer.

 

Lay scoffed as he watched her back minimize in view. What did she just do? He shook his head. Nah. She hardly executed anything. He walked over to the younger. "Tao...you, okay?" Lay slightly punched Tao's arm, an attempt that goes with his question. Tao turned to the shorter one while shaking his head maybe thrice as needed. "Ge, she's... as unfriendly as Kris ge. UGGH. But... still... not a girl for him. No." He crossed his arms, he was a hundred percent sure.

 

Yes, he knew.
That Hana is not bound to be the first to approach.
That she was unlike most of the females they meet every day.
That she's not easily blinded by looks and money. Truth, even Kris Wu's.

 

She was never that kind of girl from everyone's first impression, they  both know (and probably the entire student population, too, except for the Kris Wu).

 

Lay nodded a bit too robotically. "It will be interesting, though." He muttered inaudibly as he scans around the room far different from theirs. Tao's eyes squinted at him. "What is?" He asked, confused. Lay smiled, caring less but wanting to see more. "If duizhang dates her."

 

※ ※ ※

 

"Miss, print then out." Lee Hana smiled at the girl with the same age of hers on the counter as Hana looks down at her who was eating choco biscuits to her extreme satisfaction. With the girl's cheeks near to the extent of exploding, she nodded slowly at Hana. Both of them faced the Admin's PC.

 

The girl then swallowed hard after three seconds. "PC?"

 

"Two." Hana replied, still having a smile seen on that moistureless face. This girl was lucky, Hana wasn't hasty and all impatient despite the fact that she had exceeded her scheduled time of research. Hana so wanted to stay and do what she's supposed to do for only twenty minutes yet here she was, standing and paying for almost an hour of computer usage and seven full-text pages. 

 

Nodding, the girl accessed to the computer Hana was working at. After a minute of speedy printing, she handed the still-hot-from-machine paper with a smile. Hana pulled out the small wallet from her bag as the girl summed up her payment.

 

The short girl finally looked up at Hana, telling her the amount she's paying. Hana's eyes rounded at the very moment she ended. She was definitely lackinga thousand and seven hundred won. She gulped. I... wasn't... prepared... for this. Eottokae?

 

She tried opening but couldn't reason out. The girl continued on munching her snack, just waiting for Hana to pay. Just what the heck could she do now? She won't just run out and leave a project that gives off fifty points, plus, she'll be in BIG trouble.

 

She remained there, unmoving and mouth sealed in fear. Hana stared at the warm, printed sheets. "Er, miss? Your payment please." The girl flashed a near-to-getting-impatient smile at her while having her left palm out. This will be the death of me. Hana forced a smile back at her in return while breathing unevenly. "Uhh.. uhh..."

 

Hana tried to articulate, she surely felt like passing out any second from now. She looked at the girl who seemed amazed as she had dropped her jaw and on the process, drooling at something. Hana blinked at her and slightly twisted her head around, she didn't like what her eyes perceived, so she quickly fixed her head back with nasty eyes enlarged at nothing in particular. Heck. What the heck is he doing here?

 

"What took you so long, hnnnnnhhhh?" Kris smoothly asked, glaring holes at the back of the girl his image now depends on. Hana refused to take notice of him because she didn't knew ( and didn't want to know) who he was talking to.

 

The counter girl grinned widely, it was too lambent for Hana's eyesight that she raised an eyebrow at her. Is she inlove with him or something? She spoke in mind. "KRIS OPP-" "I'm not talking to you." Kris shut her off quickly and neared Hana with doubled steps.

 

Hana's eyebrows arched as she felt his unwanted presence menacingly close to her backpack. Kris straightened his face, keeping cool. "Did you know I waited fifty eight minutes... thirty four seconds and counting... outside at late afternoon!?" Kris scolded from behind, with that deep, calm tone he chose to maintain. "That's, that's close to an hour." He chided, not believing what she made him do.

 

Hana inclined her head to the side. "You what?" She whispered so abjectly that it was inaudible for everyone else- but then again, except the Kris Wu. Kris disregarded her unfathomable response on purpose; mainly because he got tired of waiting. Girls would go all high-strung if he was around, especially those who became his girlfriends (or those he played), he knew that those ladies would have to clutch on their chests like for forever just to prevent their ribcages from further exploding.

 

Yes, he knew he was that handsome and might others say, godlike.

 

Yet he just couldn't accept the fact that this girl who has her back on him neglected his existence. (Well, right here and now, too.) He unknowingly glared at that cross silver earings she was wearing, furious for all reasons. Maybe she just hadn't take a good look at me yet, he would say. Moreover, he was all-goaled to never lose to his friends, more like, to this girl.

 

"How much?" Kris irritably asked, not even taking his eyes off Hana. He sure has gotten him real mad already. It has been- what- forty seconds and she didn't even completely turn around. Hana, on the other hand, felt... good. He's paying isn't he? She thought about it. I would never... I would not... reject his aid... for this time. She smirked, he'd be of help sometimes, she realized.

 

The girl remained overwhelmed at the fine-looking man, she blinked at speed when Kris handed some a lot of money which was more or less twice the amount she needed to pay. Hana's mouth slightly descended as to what he did without thinking twice. He's wealthy, but psh, what else? She snapped back to reality when Kris grabbed her backpack, as well as her, dragging both of their feet out the small internet shop.

 

"Heyheyheyyy-! THE PAPERS-" Kris quickly brought both of them to a halt as he raised the printed papers in his free hand for her eyes' needs. Hana's lips curved to a smile. "Good." Her hands reached out but Kris shoved it away. She grunted something that sounded close to happiness and continued to capture it with her weak arms but Kris' succeeded in hindering her from doing so.

 

"YAH!" She gave Kris a death glare; but he wasn't terrified. He didn't show any emotion than that of a bully; a very flawless one. "Give it to me!" Hana tried harder but Kris' height was too much for her. Kris smirked, victorious and having fun provoking Hana. "Hey! I MADE THOSE!" She finally errupted; strartling anyone around the small district. Kris was totally happy at the obvious sweat surrounding her face; as he didn't even break one... and he didn't mind those that observed in excitement.

 

"I PAYED these." He shot back, his tone gradually increasing. Hana furiously shook her head the moment he spoke. People could see the fury in her eyes as she grabs onto her messy hair in frustration. "SO?" She yelled, unceasingly glaring at him. "I still have all... ALL... the rights with those." Wow. How dare this girl is coming back at me!? Kris dryly laughed, not convinced, all her attempts resulting in naught."That doesn't justify anything at all... in this society, Hannah." He sharply retaliated, still as cocky as ever.

 

"It's Ha-Na-Wait how-what-how-" He clamped his right hand over before she could part her lips to speak more, and his left hand, which holds the papers, was casually situated on her hips; bringing her closer in a rather teasing way. "Just be my girlfriend already."

 

Hana's eyes widen and the next things she knew, she had strongly bitten one of Kris' fingers and swiftly grabbed the  papers in his hand as he cried in pain.

 

"Don't you realize I don't want to!?" Before Kris could get a hold of her; she had dashed away. Not again. He bit his lip in embarrasment. She got away again-hey, no. I need to accomplish this today. I don't care if it's 'til midnight. I, Kris Wu, ain't losing to that. He thought, determined and made his way to his car.

 

Yes, whatever it takes.

 

※ ※ ※

 

"EOMMA!" Hana raced to her mother's arms; which she knew was the safest place on Earth. Though it was dark outside, she knew it was that woman she admires and loves the most.

 

A sea of relief washed her as she finally had both of their feet on the front of their little house. There outside, was her mother, planning on entering too. Hana's mother grinned as she welcomed her daughter with receptive arms. "Why is our Hana weary?" Her mother ran her wrinkled hand through her daughter's sweaty hair, concerned.

 

Hana snootily sighed and pulled away. She wanted to articulate everything to her mother. "Ma, ganito... may lalaki kasi." (Ma, there's this guy.) Her mother took a step closer, she beamed in interest. They continued bickering for minutes but the older woman later stopped when a man who was incredibly fine-looking approached them with a mischievious smile on his perfect face.

 

"MA?" Hana called.

 

Hana's mother set her eyes back to her daughter. The young girl wondered why her mother's eyes sparkled thrice as necessary. It was as if this old woman was starstruck. Heck, she was. Hana almost spun around but her mother spoke, having her not move a centimeter. "Earlier, were you... perhaps... talking about a guy who is really... really tall?" She asked, Hana raised an eyebrow but slowly nodded anyway.

 

Her mother's eyes were now on two different places; Hana didn't know why. "A guy who is... unbelievably... handsome?" She continued to pry.

 

She knows and believes that any girl would automatically answer with yes, yet Hana didn't want to admit any pros of Kris. Never had she thought doing so. "Er. I guess..." Hana's mother squinted her eyes; it obviously wasn't the answer she expected to hear. Hana could only exhale heavily. "...okay, yes." Hana finally admitted, loudly.

 

Of course. He mutely chuckled. You amuse me so much, Hannah.

 

"Is he wearing some kind of yellow attire?" Mrs. Lee continued to ask. Hana was thinking about Kris' blonde hair so she nodded. Never did she care about guys' apparel anyways.

 

Now Mrs. Lee was extremely blissful that she had dropped her big bag. "Ahu~!!" My daughter is really a girl! Her mother clapped, Hana confusedly eyed her mom. The young girl was completely baffled at what her mother's act was all about. Before Hana herself could pick the somehow-expensive bag up, someone else's long and milky arm had grabbed it already...

 

...and it wasn't that of a bandit.
No, sure as hell this man's beauty isn't fit to be branded as a thief. (Of hearts maybe.)

 

Why is he... how did he... She couldn't contain her feelings any longer. Hana didn't know what to do. Seeing the guy she hates so close to her... in front of their house? "KRIS!!??" Hana hoarsely called in abruptness. Guess what? You couldn't imagine anymore the face of Lee Hana. It was a blend of ferocity and total shock. The existence of this towering man in front of her and her mother was totally an eye-opener.

 

Kris slyly winked at Hana then and captured her right hand with his left hand in a rather... not-so-romantic way. He shortly bowed and smiled at Hana's mirthful mother. "Annyeonghasseyo, I'm Kris." He said, smiling oh-so-genuine at Hana's delighted mother. "Im... Hannah's-" "Aigoo~ our Hana's boyfriend is so polite." Mrs. Lee grinned, cutting Kris off (and Kris liked that).

 

"And so so handsome! What a prince!" Kris straightened up and gave the bag back to the older woman. "Ah, nde. Kamsamnida." He sounded so different when he said this. "Omonim! Call me Omonim." Mrs. Lee stated. Kris simpered and nodded. "Ndeh, Omonim." Mrs. Lee clapped again. Hana was left with no words as she felt numb in Kris' grip. What did he and her mother talk about?

 

And how could she just burst the truth out that they aren't really dating and break her mother's fragile heart? She couldn't, could she? Kris smiled for the nth time; he wasn't used to this but he somehow quickly adapted to such a jocund atmosphere.

 

"Hana?" Her mother called. Hana stared at her, still bewildered. "Hindi mo sinabing dadalhin mo pala ang boyfriend mo." (You didn't say anything about bringing your boyfriend with you.) Kris only understood the word 'boyfriend' but he glanced at Hana with an encouraging nod. Hana frantically shook her head; denying what her mother thinks. "Eomma! No- What? No-"

 

"Ahahaha. About that..." He smiled and turned to Hana, squeezing her hand tighter that both of their eyeballs almost jumped out. "It was supposed to be a surprise." Kris grunted as he pulled the poor girl closer, enfolding her in his arms. Hana rolled her eyes and intendedly stepped on Kris' feet. You bastard! You dare trap me? She gloomily thought.

 

Kris expressed a short laugh; trying to suppress the pain he was awfully experiencing. Mrs. Lee laughed with Kris, and she was truly jolly by the moment; and surprisingly, it was night time already. Hana had never seen her mom being so all-happy since their family became a mess, especially at night. "Come in! Both of you! It's getting dark..." She merrily invited.

 

Hana somehow got out of Kris' arms and asserted, "Oh no, Ma. Kris... Kris should probably go home." Kris raised an amused (and thick) eyebrow. Does this mean she acknowledges me as her boyfriend already? His face brightened as he pleasantly asked in mind.

 

Mrs. Lee's face frowned. "Does our Kris really want to go home, already? Ahu~ we didn't even have introductions yet!" She asked, and before Kris or her daughter could respond she jovially added, "Just dinner, arraji? We want to welcome you for being Hana's first ever boyfriend."

 

Seriously? Kris snickered as he glanced at Hana who was at her boiling point. "EOMMA!"

 

※ ※ ※

 

"So did you plan on keeping this as a secret to us?" Hana's grandmother, Mrs. Gong giggled with Mrs. Lee. Kris kept his eyes on Lee Hana, he was amused since the very time he had stepped in. How she shuffled uncomfortably and how she avoided all questions for all reasons. Her relatives could only snigger at the cute actions their little girl was showing.

 

They thought they were completely and shyly in love. How blind of them.

 

She didn't even know where to start with their 'love story' or how she luckily and instantly became Kris' girlfriend. She was certain though that everything was unexpected. "No. Not at all." She mumbled and could only sigh. Hana glared at the smirking Kris before plopping herself down on a place in the couch where Kris was also at. The only thing was, she was two distinguishable seats far from him.

 

Why? Because she hates Kris. That's a tad simple.

 

Of course, the older women felt weird about it, and Kris, being the man he is, scooted closer. Hana twisted her head to the side, having both of their eyes locked with each other. "You need to freaking get out now." She gritted her teeth.

 

He glanced at the expensive titanium watch upon his wrist before replying, "It's still early." Kris lied and did the same, mumbling under his breath and annoying every corner of Hana's system. The elders watched in awe. How cute of a couple. They both thought.

 

"Now. Or do you want me to kick you out?" She threatened. Kris gave up quickly because he was all worn-out. He couldn't intake what sacrifices Hana made him do and how he raced with her throughout the whole week. He tiredly nodded and bid goodbye to Hana's elders.

 

As much as she hated to, Hana NEEDED to drag Kris out or he would be home very late. "Okay, that is a very long goodbye. Kris is going home now." She said and unwantedly grabbed on Kris moisturized arm. The chuckled. Kris stood up and gently pinched Hana's nose. She lightly slapped his hand off. "You shouldn't be so manipulative, Hannah." Kris cooed and leveled with her height.

 

Manipu- psh. WHAT!? Hana rolled her eyes in aggravation and finally managed to transport Kris outside. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?" She finally erupted outside. "Why are you doing this?" She was on the verge of breaking down, he had already realized she hates guys so much. Kris hushed Hana so calmly. "Just a month. It's not like... I want to." He stated and walked out the gate, Hana crossed her arms and was eager to watch him disappear.

 

"Whatever it is, end it already before my-" "KRIS! HANA!" The two called spun around and was greeted by a blinding flash coming from an old camera. "Eomma.." Hana despised the brightness and almost fell down.  Fortunately, the boyfriend came to the rescue. Kris lunged forward and caught Hana by her shoulders.

 

Not the closeness again. Kris blinked at her eyes-closed figure for the third time.

 

"Omo!" Mrs. Gong formed into an 'O' and took another picture of her granddaughter in Kris' strong arms. Bam. Another flash of light. "Aish, mother! You're hurting our Hana." She smiled and took Hana from Kris. "Aigoo~ such lovely pics!" Mrs. Gong grinned.

 

"Can you just stay in?" Hana grumbled and turned back to Kris. "And you. Go home." She said for the nth time, wiping her temples with the back of her hand. Kris hesitantly nodded and rubbed the back of his head. He seemed to have drop the cool image now.

 

He looked at the two elders who were clearly anticipating for something. Kris was unsure, but he felt like doing it so he did. He took a step nearer and leaned closer to the fuming Hana. Before anyone knew what was clearly occuring, Hana felt Kris plant a soft kiss on her forehead. Hana's mother dropped her jaw while Mrs. Gong (once again) snapped a romantic photograph out of it.

 

Flash.

 

Hana swallowed and looked up at Kris; keeping an icy mask on. She wasn't surprised that she found him smirking in victory. "Goodnight." He whispered; Kris, on the other hand, was in awe at how Hana stayed chill all through-out what he did. Not the kind of reaction he was expecting. Hana nodded and got in with her mom and grandma.

 

I totally hate him. She spoke in mind and hurriedly locked the gates, not even bothering on taking a look at Kris and his awesome car.

 

The first time I kissed a girl... on the forehead? Now that's bizarre, Kris Wu. He spoke in mind and got in his auto. Interesting. "Have a great weekend, girlfriend." He exclaimed at the girl locking gates, really wanting to piss her off maybe until she sleeps; which earns him a short glare of hate.

 

"You have a bad one." Hana mumbled hatefully and went in.

 

 


 

A/N:
What a weird way to start a relationship... well yeah, if it's totally unexpected.