Thirty One

An Unexpected Boyfriend

31.

6+6=1 ; 12-1=0
Hi to all you new readers! This is a really short chapter though... :(
Stay strong everyone, especially to all of us who has become shocked, saddened, and sensitive Galaxies, Kris-biased ! ♥

WARNING: EXTREME SWEETNESS! 
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
...and sorry for heartbreak too OTL but but but don't worry too much tho


 

"I don't think I'll ever want to."  Kris' last sentence has been repeating non-stop on her mind. There were no more extra meaning in that. He doesn't want to break-up with me? Why not? Didn't he say this bet was just going for a month? What is suddenly happening? What is wrong with him? 

 

She raised her hands up in hopes of pushing him away quick. But to no avail, Kris was headstrong in this. He did his very best to go on and let her feel just how much he has fallen for her. So instead, she just held on to the sides of his shirt.

 

Hana was scatterbrained. She had a lot of questions to ask but right now, the feeling of Kris' soft pair of lips molded against hers were driving her nuts. Why is he kissing  me? Why are my eyes closed? And why am I not moving?  Wait, am I kissing him back? Her lips quivered because she was breathless and her knees felt weak.

 

In the next split second, she had lost her balance, lost contact with him, and literally lost her mind. But before she could fall down to the cold floor of reality, she held onto his chest and Kris had pulled her in time.

 

Silence followed.

 

Both of their eyes were closed. Both of them hugged each other tight. Both of them were panting for air but neither released each other... oh wait.

 

"Can we just go on or... do you want to start over?" Kris didn't waste this sentimental opportunity. He opened his eyes and cut through the silence. He then felt Hana straighten up, as if returning to her senses. Kris tried to explain more. "I know you think I'm crazy, which is most likely the case, because I have flipped all because of you-"

 

Hauling all the energy she has left, she pushed Kris off him, effectively cutting him off. "-stop. Please stop."

 

Kris' eyes widened the moment she stepped out of his embrace. Before he could react verbally, she rebutted him. "No, you are just overwhelmed because you feel superior over me now. I mean, this is what you have been wanting to feel right? Well, you have succeeded, Kris. This bet has overwhelmed you. You think you're finally able to manipulate all types of girls- even those who hates you..."

 

Kris shook his head almost after her every sentence but he felt like he should at least hear her out... because he has been trying really hard to understand her since two weeks ago. He sighed when she paused. "No, no, no and no! It's not like that! Look-"

 

"I know what it is!" She almost yelled at him. "You think I'm so clueless just because I'm not that smart?" If so, you think like my father, right? Hana looked at him in the eyes and she knew she was heating up from hurt.

 

Truth is, she was really clueless.

 

She was lying because she did not want to be officially attached with him.

 

She was actually the one who was overwhelmed by this bet. This dumb, dumb... dumb bet. Stupid me, stupid Kris, stupid me.

 

She knew that if she gave in, which she always denied was already happening, she would be... reciprocating his feelings as well.

 

Trying to distract herself from the astonishment in Kris' face, she attempted to chuckle bitterly. "Men are like this. Yeah, of course. Ha-ha. You think you can do-"

 

"What are you talking about? Do you even realize that you're mumbling?" Kris cried out. "Hear me out." He took two steps forward and cupped her face with his big hands. She tried opening to speak again but Kris only took that opportunity to kiss her again... effectively shutting her up.

 

When he pulled away as slowly as possible, he rested his forehead against hers so they wouldn't have to be faces apart. "Please hear me out."

 

Hana's lips were trembling as he spoke and at the same time, lightly brushed his lips over hers. She opened her eyes and weakly stared back at him. When she didn't show any signs of objection, he took that as her permission and went on.

 

"I know you have a lot of wounds in your heart regarding your father... you think I don't have too?"

 

Hana's eyes widened. "H-How..."

 

"Thing is, you can't keep hating men forever... because they will return the hate too.You won't live happily." Kris told her as soft as possible. She rolled her eyes. "Hey, it's not like God only created women, right?" He chuckled to lighten the atmosphere. "You can't argue with the fact that there will be men in your life, that I will do what it takes to be in your life... whether you like it or not."

 

Hana snorted. "L-Like I care!" She grunted. "I don't like them anyway."

 

Kris shook his head and moved aside so she could see his five friends grinning like idiots at them. "Jinjja? You don't like them?" Kris smiled when she wasn't able to speak. Do I? He made her face him again. "You don't like me?"

 

Hana blinked once and replied almost instantly. "Keurom! I don't like you-"

 

He took both of her hands. "Because you love me?" He gave her hands a gentle squeeze. "I know this isn't the most romantic setting but things just got out of hand... my feelings got out of hand." He gulped before asking again. "Tell me, do you?"

 

Hana froze with that question. Do I? After a long pause, she finally voiced out. "Kris..."

 

"Yes?" His voice turned softer as time went by.

 

Hana shook her head and withdrew her hands from his. She removed the couple ring she was wearing and placed it in one of his palms. "Let's break up." She said sternly but couldn't afford to look into his eyes. "Let us think through things."

 

Let us?

 

Kris was utterly hurt... but maybe, just maybe, he understood her. Although he was sure of what he felt, he knew he should consider her too. Because if she was for him, she'd come back. If not... he'd have to force it before he turns crazy. "Is this what you really want?"

 

Hana nodded... much to his dismay and turned around. "Please don't come any closer from now on." She whispered almost inaudibly. When she started walking away, she expected to feel lighter, like the weight she calls relationship would be taken off her shoulders.

 

But she did not feel any better. Why am I lying? Why am I walking away? Why can't I tell him...

 

Why?

 

"Alright... but, please..." Kris stammered as he watched her walking away. "Come back to me anytime soon... Lee Hana."

 

Lee Hana.

 

Hana felt hot tears wet her cheeks. This was exactly why she hated these things. But didn't she cause these herself? She didn't even realize how much she was crying now. I can't think now.

 

"I'll wait for you." So did Kris. "I love you..."

 


 

#StayStrongKris
#WeAreOne