Twenty Three

An Unexpected Boyfriend

 

23.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

 

Ma'am. Hana rolled her eyes but there was a very small smile that tugged on her lips. I get the feeling that that is so much better than 'Hannaaahhh'.

 

With his face still submerged in her gleaming blond-streaked hair, Kris was still in his own little world of ecstacy.

 

She gave him a long side glance. From the past days, she would have these incessant thoughts on her head remarking him as 'creepy', 'mad' or 'inane'.

 

Heh, she'd still have those thoughts until now but they don't give the strong insulting feeling anymore.

 

I'll get used to this. She repeated for the God-knows-how-many time.

 

"Kris!" She shrugged her shoulders continuously so his face would hopefully arise from her neck. Yet he didn't budge an inch and held her (with just one arm, the other held the shirt she tossed him) though she was doing everything she could to shake him off.

 

Does he want to pass his beads of perspiration to me? She shut her eyes closed in disgust. "Yah... do you know how sweaty you are! Ugggghhh!"

 

"Ssshhhh." Kris hushed. She shuddered, again, when his lips came in contact with her skin, again. "I'm  having a moment."

 

Hana didn't hear him though. "Release me now or I will make sure you starve." She declared, loud and clear.

 

He finally lifted his head and gazed at her face which were just centimeters apart. She glared back at him. "Didn't you hear me?"

 

"I heard you, ma'am. It was you who did not hear me." Kris countered. Hana raised her eyebrows, she didn't know what he was talking about. Therefore, she really didn't hear him saying he has having a moment.

 

"Huh? What did I not- ugggh nevermind. Let go of me and change out of your shirt!"

 

He smirked but obliged in later seconds; letting Hana go back downstairs.

 

※ ※ ※

 

Kris threw the black shirt over his head and quickly checked on his perfect self by her mirror.

 

He smirked. This wasn't planned but what is happening is even better than my plans. He was more than happy to know that the harsh Hannah of his is making things easier for him and this bet.

 

"This stupid, stupid, stupid bet." He was grinning without him knowing as he grabbed the damp shirt he was wearing (and Hana was dreading) a few seconds ago.

 

Unconsciously, he started sniffing it when he remembered their bickering from moments. Seconds later, he started laughing. Just low enough so she wouldn't think he is doing something fishy in her room.

 

"What is she doing to me?" He shook his head while folding the shirt in his hands, still grinning.

 

Kris sauntered to Hana's bed and picked up the gray paper bag. He pulled a photo frame out of it then shoved the shirt in before walking to her bedside table and putting the paper bag down.

 

His eyes darted to the collage of three pictures which were taken by Mrs. Gong the first day he entered this house. 

 

The first one- the both of them had an annoyed expression. Kris was already out of the gate but he was still seen just behind Hana who had her arms crossed.

 

The second on was when she almost fell backwards because of the urgent, strong flash the camera gave off; but Kris caught her in time. Still, she looked cute with her eyes closed and mouth slightly ajar in fear of hitting the cold ground.

 

Fascinating. He thought when he noticed that he had this usual but still handsome (narcissistic but hmph true) worried look whenever she falls.

 

And whenever her face becomes up-close.

 

Lastly, he brought the photo frame closer and he gazed at how his lips kissed her forehead softly. He was sure that felt just like cotton because he was inexperienced in that gentleman act.

 

He recalled when he was in his car that night, when he laid his eyes on her from the moment she was  hurriedly locking the gates until she was inside her house. He was really amused that she was his first forehead kiss.

 

He guffawed, this time louder. Like a wolf gone mad. Because hahaha, right?

 

"KRIS! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON THERE?" Hana yelled from downstairs. Her tone was lesser harsh than usual. Just a little bit... but that was progress.

 

Kris stopped himself right after he heard her. He looked down and noticed that his free hand was on top of his chest, as if on top of his heart, when he was laughing. "You should know what the hell is going on in here." He said as if it was something nonchalant.

 

Of course, she was stll downstairs and Kris didn't state that loud so she didn't hear. Thank God...

 

"IF I FIND OUT YOU MESSED WITH MY THINGS..."

 

Why would I mess with your things?  He shook his head and placed the framed collage down her bedside table. But not before checking the little stick-it note on the back.

 

"I'm not, okay? I'm going down!" He yelled back.

 

※ ※ ※

 

"Do I look good?" Kris boomed through the peaceful little house, purposely emphasizing the last word.

 

He came down with the gray paper bag in his left hand. She twisted her neck to her right so she would forcefully see him by the staircase; grinning smugly.

 

Hana stared at him for maybe two seconds then she went back to her business in the kitchen. "Maybe he's unaware of the fact that, apparently, he looks good in everything." She whispered to herself.

 

"Well?" He settled down the couch, but his eyes never once left her.

 

She picked the bowl of salad up and turned around. She was slightly caught off guard when he was still looking at her. She sighed and walked to him. "Are such questions really necessary for you to ask?" She muttered and sat down too.

 

Hana placed the food in his hands and looked up. Gee, he was still waiting for an answer. So he has his needs for compliments too. She raised an eyebrow. "Well... I'm pretty sure you get daily compliments from everyone- positive ones at that, Kris."

 

"Well..." he paused and thought for a moment. She is right. "Now that you've mentioned it... I do." He still hasn't started eating and it kind of bothers Hana. "But I don't... really care of everyone. I want to hear my girlfriend's." He urged, smirking.

 

Where did he learn to speak sweet like that?

 

She almost rolled her eyes but stopped herself. Act like a real girlfriend. She dipped her head down and get a hold of the spoon in the bowl, absent-mindedly mixing the fruits with the cream although it was already nicely mixed.

 

"Well... yes." Hana looked up at him; she was starting to like the feeling of Kris staring at her and only her. And he does it very often too. It was very unusal for her to feel that way but she thought this was just her warming up.

 

Yeah, warming up. That can't be so bad... considering Kris' begs moments ago.

 

"Yes, Kris. You do look handsome." She finally answered. Now, don't misunderstood the way she answered just now. She just thought it would be ten points for real-acting to give him a satisfying answer.

 

And much to Kris' satisfaction, he grinned.

 

Darkly.

 

Hana's eyes rounded. Oh she said something too much. He grins like that when-

 

"I asked if I look good, and you say I'm handsome." He taunts, much to Hana's shock and chagrin.

 

"Oh." Did she just really admit it to herself that he was handsome? I mean, I did when Eomma asked me if he... Wait, why am I getting so worked up with this?

 

Kris was about to say more when she very timely lifted the spoon up and stuffed salad into his open mouth. "Shut up. I... just shut up." She narrowed her eyes at him.

 

He ate happily. She placed the spoon back in the bowl and reached for the remote.

 

"We just watched some comedy film. Can we go for something action-death kind of type?" She asked before turning the television on. "There's... The Hunger Games. It's old. I bet you rich guys have already seen it when it was on the theatres." She was talking animatedly but at least she was talking more now.

 

With a few push on the remote control's buttons, the DVD component changed from CD1 to CD2.

 

Still following her every more, Kris' considered her lifeless rambles while chewing delightfully. Well, this rich guy haven't watched The Hunger Games too.

 

He remembered Tao inviting him to it a few times but he turned all down since he was a busy man. Tao was lucky his appointments don't choke him much, nor was he fully 100% concerned anyway.

 

Screw that. She was asking him permission! This is really good progress, he thought beamingly. But when she turned to glance at him, he regained the poker face on and moved closer to her.

 

"Yeah." He said coolly and ate another spoonful of salad. "Happy 74th Hunger Games. And may the odds be ever in your favor." He muffled out in perfect English.

 

She scoffed inwardly and decided to reply in the same manner as well. "So you have watched." 

 

"I was a busier last year so, no. Not that the film was utterly important to me anyway. I always hear those words from Tao." He pulled her to his chest and he rested his chin on her shoulder. "Minus the perfect pronunciation, though."

 

The movie started, but not before the both of them chuckled.

 

※ ※ ※

 

Kris was happy.

 

Hana didn't complain or whine about their current 'very couple-ish' position as the movie progressed. She would only comment at some points where she wanted and he would do too.

 

Most of the time, they agreed with each other or didn't react at all.

 

They were halfway done when Kris was chewing away his third bowl of fruit salad. Hana has been already relaxed in his arms minutes ago and he could just give anything to let it be like that.

 

It was on the part where Katniss and Peeta were reunited and hiding in this cave and were bickering like lovers. In unison, the couple sighed. They both sensed that there was some kind of romantic scene in this part.

 

When the actress and actor first kissed, Hana rolled her eyes and pretended to gag. "Ugh. What the hell, dude? I thought you liked the Gale? Ew why would she- ew. Ugh." She clamped her eyes with one hand.

 

Kris chuckled breathlessly at her. "Relax. They just want a good show." He imitated Cinna.

 

Hana looked at him with her forehead creased. She opened and was about to ask something when he stuffed a spoonful of salad in to keep her from doing so. She grimaced but ate anyway. She couldn't just resist her Halmeoni's treats. They were heavenly.

 

He flashed her a big grin before the both of them turned back to the movie. Never did she see him as happy as this day.

 

In the next second, an alarm went on Hana's head. She abruptly sat up. She swore she felt her stomach churn and her eyeballs almost pop out from their sockets.

 

Kris eyed her cautiously. He kept his palm on her back. "Hannah, what's wrong?"

 

She swallowed the cold dessert down before bursting out, "OH MY GOODNESS, KRIS! W-W-WE JUST SHARED A SPOON!"