Twenty Two

An Unexpected Boyfriend

 

22.

.,¡i|¹i¡¡i¹|i¡,.
`"¹li¡|¡|¡il¹"`

 

 

She reminisced the words he had particularly told her before they went out of his office.

 

"To hell with your long arms! We are not in the freaking public!" Hana began, her eyes turning into slits. "Nor are we in front of my lovely family, nor yours." Hana added with such force.

 

Kris blinked. Dang she is right. He only gaped at her. Now the man turned speechless. He had always wondered if she ever lent her ears to him.

 

Well judging from her tone just now, it looked like she always did.

 

He quickly regained himself and scoffed. "We are in your house, dammit!" He exclaimed all of a sudden. Hana shortly recoiled at his suddenness. He nodded firmly while his eyes roamed everywhere but her. "Yeah. Yeah. We are in your house. Yeah..." His voice trailed off.

 

He was still in awe of how she had noted his little speech to her a few hours ago. He suddenly remembered how she turned quiet when he said something about his status in the company.

 

Hana glared at him coldly. Is that all that he got?

 

"Ani." She said gaily, eyes still boring into him. Kris' head slowly turned to meet her equally icy eyes. "I don't really... ought to be ashamed here." Hana retaliated. She smirked in relief and sat far from Kris when she finally had the chance to free from his arms.

 

Ashamed? Kris gave her a long and wary gaze. She was at the one very end of the long couch while he was somewhere in the center areas. She was still glaring at him while she slightly scratched her itchy nose.

 

Kris eyes' widened. "Mwoya? Do I smell bad?" He started sniffing himself. He was still fully clad in his suit.

 

Hana had to place a closed fist in to contain her laughter. Kris looked like a really confused child wanting to get to the bottom of things on why someone refused to sit close to him. "Hmmffhahammff." There were sets of small giggles that escaped her lips though.

 

What the heck am I doing? Kris chided himself. I always smell good!

 

He looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows. Now, he not only appeared confused, but completely dismayed as well. "Yah! Narutgijima! I don't even smell bad! Do you... think I smell bad?" He repeated seriously.

 

Well he did not stink at all. In fact, he smelled very good. (Very true.)

 

A sour smile came on her lips at the moment she heard the name he only called her. She crossed her arms and looked straight, staring at the lifeless television. "You don't but you're all perspiration."

 

"Ah." Kris sighed in relief and quickly took off his blazer.

 

Then she grinned. "Haven't you sniffed that too, giant dog?" She muttered but Kris caught it. All of it.

 

What did she just call me? He tilted his head while he ed the first two buttons of his white long-sleeved shirt. "Giant... dog?" He yelled the last word, turning to her and pointing to himself. "Wow. Then what a handsome dog I am-"

 

"Anyway," Hana crossed her arms neatly and eyed him dangerously. "Who is my Eomma and Halmeoni meeting?"

 

Kris stared at the silver ring that was still in one of her fingers. He remembered that she was about to wash the dirty dishes. So of course, she must've regarded her hands. Yet she wasn't talking about any couple ring in her so he understood that until now, she still hasn't noticed.

 

Oh well.

 

He reached out and grabbed Hana's right arm, pulling her to him oh-so-easily. She didn't even had a split second to react. He then threw his arms around her tightly before she could jerk away.

 

"They'll tell you soon." He whispered into her ear.

 

She shuddered and gritted her teeth. At the corner of her eyes, she could see him smirking. Her anger was building up again. Today is a victorious day. Spend it wisely. She kept repeating in mind. Why would she waste her nerves on someone as agitating as Kris?

 

So she cajoled herself to stay positive and asked no more.

 

At least she could dawdle all she want in her house for this weekend instead of working her arse off like how we all know she would have. At least I'm very sure of not feeling ill this weekend.

 

She glanced sideways at the arrogant face of Kris. I hope...

 

※ ※ ※

 

What she hoped slowly went down the drain.

 

Kris was doing a really good job in holding her firmly. With Kris immeasureable capabilities and might, it was almost impossible to get away from him. Even Hana thinks that every single time she is able to escape those slender and milky arms of his is a miracle.

 

Even if Kris kept on drawing her closer, she did her very best to sit straight, so her back wouldn't come in contact with Kris damp shirt. Spell disgusting! She looked anywhere but him so she could calm herself down.

 

Why the hell can't she do this easily? Simple. Because she hates his guts.

 

She could barely comprehend how a guy, this guy, had entered her clearly male-free life. She just considers and reconsiders this a life testing that would vanish sooner or later.

 

"So," he continued to stare at the few DVDs piled in front of them. His head then turned to the fuming girl beside him. "Which do you want?" He asked, obviously referring what movie the both of them should see.

 

She finally looked at him and gave him a piece of her mind. "I want you to change your sweaty shirt!!!"

 

Kris flinched faintly. "Geez, woman. You are so grouchy."

 

Her right cheek caved inward as she bit the insides of . "What?" But it returned in its' original state when he placed a quick kiss on it. Her jaw tightened and she could only roll her eyes. "I AM WHAT???"

 

He stood up and gave her a tepid reply. "Nothing, ma'am."

 

※ ※ ※

 

Hana had finished washing a few dirty dishes when she heard the door open and close again. What Hana knew was that Kris went back to his car to change into a clean shirt. Then he came back again.

 

She took a clean rug from a corner and dried her hands. She turned around only to find Kris going upstairs quietly; like how a big dinosaur would probably look when creeping around. Her eyes widened and she immediately called him. "Yah! Where are you going?"

 

"To your room!" He responded over his shoulder and proceeded to her room.

 

"Wae?" She asked lowly before she went after him.

 

The door to her room was wide open and she quickly stepped in. She found Kris standing tall by her small closet. He was pulling out a couple of expensive-looking shirts from a gray paper bag and quickly stuffing them in an empty cabinet.

 

"What the hell are you doing?" She walked closer to examine the shirts. Those can't be for her. All of those were Kris' size and were undoubtedly for guys. "Why are you-"

 

He grinned cheekily at her. "I'm putting some of my t-shirts here so I can change without so much hassle."

 

"Bwoh?" She snapped at him. Kris closed his eyes momentarily before he opened it again to watch the expected flow of fiery words out of . "Are you out of your mind? Does it seem like you will live here? Like... like you will sleep here? Euh? Like what the hell? You're senseless acts are really driving me insane!"

 

She pointed to the high-end garments he owns. "Take all of those back and put them in one of your big closets in your mansion or kingdom or in your humungous office! You can just change from where you have been without so much hassle whenever you want to come here, you know?"

 

Hana panted for air before she looked up at Kris. Oh, joy. While she appeared devastated and haggard, the guy was smiling; looking handsome like usual. He dropped the gray paper bag on her bed.

 

She frowned and looked away. She knew what was running in his head. Maybe stuff like 'oh this crazy woman' or 'this is why I hate her so much'. Yeah, stuff like that. "You're not going to listen, are you?"

 

"Not today." He lifted her chin up. He rearranged the stray strands of her hair back in place while it was his turn to speak. "Can't you just be a good girlfriend and allow these kind of things for me? Can't you? Why do you sound as if this is something drastic?"

 

He spoke oh-so-softly that it would make any girl could melt into a puddle in a second. He sure is three-faced. But she just remained with an angry and stubborn facade; thinking of how his split personalities suited him anyway.

 

He shook his head and watched Hana grimace even more. "Really, you sound so drastic. My clothes won't physically harm you anyway. Nor will I. Can't you just be comfortable with everything I, as your boyfriend, want to in the mean time?"

 

She considered his words. (Or more like Luhan and Tao's words.)

 

"Actually," She sighed and swatted his hand away. This will be a good decision, Hana. Then she turned to his messily arranged shirts in one of her cabinets. She went nearer and raised both of her hands up.

 

Kris swallowed. This girl... seriously. He could somehow read what she was planning to do. Pull all of those out and throw them out of the window. And they would start bickering again...

 

...but, no.

 

"I can do that." She muttered quickly. "As long as Ma and Halmeoni is happy, though it's because of you, and doesn't find out about my jobs." Then she proceeded to neatly arranging his clothes. There were more or less ten of the costy garments.

 

"Hannah..." Kris could only stare at her. Is he hearing things? Is he seeing things? Is she really going to act like a better girlfriend now? He opened his mouth. "Jinjja?"

 

"But don't expect it all of the time!" She pursed her lips and easily pulled out a shirt in the very bottom. She stared at him dully when she tossed the black shirt to him. "Go change and... w-we will watch something."

 

We. Kris broke into the most triumphant grin, showing off his perfect teeth and pink gums. Yes, we.

 

"You haven't ate, I'm sure." Hana gulped but she managed to still look at him. Oh there was this weird feeling she was having again. "Well, there's fruit salad in the fridge... w-we can eat that or you can order something while we- AISH! I... j-just go down after you freaking change and then we can get over with this victory party of yours!"

 

Why the freak did I stutter? You can do this, Hana! She chided mentally and prepared to march out.

 

But right after she turned around, Kris s an arm around her waist; effectively pulling her very very close. She gasped when he did something she's always go shuddering for.

 

He was still grinning as he buried his face in her hair. And he could see more lovely days ahead of the both of them. Hopefully less violence and much better acting. He chuckled and kissed her neck lightly while she looked down at both of their bare feet.

 

"Ma'am yes, ma'am."